MB MLB 728x90 Jpg

Romi

Forum Member
Apr 6, 2007
You got it bro
I love it on the boards here, even in defeat

but its frustrating as hell to be so wrong
I invest so much time (and money!) into this

I got Fedor and Hieron on the Affliction card, so I made a minor (very minor) comback tonight

but 3 weekends in a row losing for me...first time in my life...i'm used to a bad weekend followed by three great ones...not the other way around !

:mj07:

but my bet size is going to be down to literally 5 and 10 dollars
embarrassing from where I was just 3 months ago

part of the game...hopefully i can stick this out

imagine this parlay:

B-Hop over Pavlik
Pac over Oscar
Shane over Margarito

who would have thought ? not me
:shrug:

Those 3 cost me 11,600.00....fckers!!!! At least Pac I was able to get some back on live betting...didnt see it tonight. I gave Margo no chance after 5 rds. Perhaps a good thing though cause i still didn't see the Ko coming til the 6th when Margo got backed up. This is boxing and as far as I'm concerned I just chalk it up as another learning experience. But then again, Shane struggles with Estrada, Cruz, a shot vargas and Mayo and then DOMINATES the beast in Margo at 37 yrs of age??? NOTHING will ever shock me in this sport.

Last edited:

crow

Forum Member
Jun 3, 2008
The Stamina one is the biggest mystery especially with Hopkins who in his previous five fights basically refuse to throw more then five punches a round:shrug:

Stamina can be increased using synthetic EPO which boosts the red cells count; i believe there's a way to do it that cannot be traced

frank s.

Forum Member
Dec 11, 2004
Uh, is it even remotely possible Mosley had the perfect game plan, and Margarito had no answer for it? Not for anything, guys lose bets and blame the refs, juice, the Mafia, whatever. I lost $ on this one, but it was because I was on the wrong side of the bet, PERIOD. Who ever said this was easy?

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

crow

Forum Member
Jun 3, 2008
Uh, is it even remotely possible Mosley had the perfect game plan, and Margarito had no answer for it? Not for anything, guys lose bets and blame the refs, juice, the Mafia, whatever. I lost $ on this one, but it was because I was on the wrong side of the bet, PERIOD. Who ever said this was easy?

After seeing the fight, you're right.
Mosley didn't need any juice to beat Margo.

Margo couldn't get his combinations going because Mosley was very close to him and was sharp shooting between his flurries.;moreso, Mosley is the first fighter i've seen able to tie up efficiently Margo and thus get a breather when needed.

Another point is Margo's shaky defense and "take two to give one" attitude backfired; he was pretty hurt by Cotto last time out, but Cotto's stamina didn't allow for it to be exposed; Shane's power finally broke Antonio's resolve.

I lost big as well, but still have 1/4 of my winnings; awesome day for the bookies !

I believe Margo to be now damaged goods after Cotto and Mosley. The heads shots are clearly starting to accumulate, and i'm not sure he should keep fighting at this level with such a shaky defense.

Which means he's probably going to be called out at least by Lola.

kegray1

Benneteau fan
Forum Member
Nov 4, 2004
Houston

I was on the losing side as well and I am not accusing Mosley of being on the juice. That will not improve your stamina, but you got to ask why he hasn't been throwing punches like this the last few fights and now even older he is.
His buddy Hopkins did the same.
The are CLEARLY taking something to help stamina or conditioning. NOT SAYING IT IS EVEN ILLEGAL, but something is really strange with these two friends doing the same thing last 3 fights each.

Mosley fought a HELL of a fight and I am not trying to take that away from him.

frank s.

Forum Member
Dec 11, 2004
I can't afford one, but a professsional dietcian along withn a pro trainer can change your life. Why did'nt DeLa Hoya, one of that crew, do the same to Pac-man since his Oscarness is the leader of this bunch? Last comment for me as I won't revisit this thread; SOUR GRAPES!

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

kegray1

Benneteau fan
Forum Member
Nov 4, 2004
Houston
I can't afford one, but a professsional dietcian along withn a pro trainer can change your life. Why did'nt DeLa Hoya, one of that crew, do the same to Pac-man since his Oscarness is the leader of this bunch? Last comment for me as I won't revisit this thread; SOUR GRAPES!

I think Oscar thinks in his head that he is still at the top of his game therefore doesn't need to change his ways.:mj07:

He is too busy promoting to worry about training. Hell he wasn't even at the Mosley fight because he was too busy promoting the Affliction card.

gardenweasel

el guapo
Forum Member
Jan 10, 2002
"the bunker"
The thing is steroids will not really help your stamina and that is what has changed the most with these two fighters.

he was super quick,though....and that`s what steroids can do...make you stronger and quicker...you`re reaction time better..punching and avoiding punches..

explosive...like a sprinter...

that`s what i saw...in the mosely/cotto fight,i thought that cotto was actually the quicker guy...significantly...

who knows?...

one thing we do know...at least i believe it....that bhop`s performance against pavlik...and mosely`s performance against margarito.....were top 2 or 3 in their entire careers.....

obviously,styles played a part in what happened...

that was literally a flawless performance....

i watched it again and i`m still awe-struck...

Last edited:

kegray1

Benneteau fan
Forum Member
Nov 4, 2004
Houston
I guess time will tell if he was on the juice(maybe it is boxing after all).

He has always been quick but he did seem to take it to another level on Saturday.

No one can tell me they expected Shane to come out and out work Margo each and every round for 9 rounds based on recent performances.

Last edited:
MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

The Sponge

Forum Member
Aug 24, 2006
SOUR GRAPES!

People are making observations and u call them sour grapes? I never had a cent on this fight but in ur world its sour grapes? Sometimes u come up with some real doosy's Franky. Should we all just stop having this debate so it suits u? Freaking ridiculous.

rawli007

lives
Forum Member
Jan 28, 2008
Alabama
larrymerchant.jpg

I cant wait to have a Larry Merchant retirement party..... one day.... one day.

Romi

Forum Member
Apr 6, 2007
People are making observations and u call them sour grapes? I never had a cent on this fight but in ur world its sour grapes? Sometimes u come up with some real doosy's Franky. Should we all just stop having this debate so it suits u? Freaking ridiculous.

I have to second your comments Sponge. NOT to discredit Hop or Shane but they both pulled Benjamin Buttons in their last fights. They arguably had their finest hours after apparently being well past their primes. Nobody is looking for excuses Frankie...they're looking for a REASONABLE explanation. If you want to call SOUR GRAPES then go talk to the guy in the other thread crying over the loss. Shane fought a GREAT fight and so did Hop...oh and Clemens had a pretty good season too:mj07: :mj07: :mj07:

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg