Rugby World Cup (Continued)

MB MLB 728x90 Jpg

UT-Longhorn

U.T. Texas Ex
Forum Member
Jul 13, 2002
Texas
PAWAQATSI said:
Wallabies 17 - 13 up. Will win but not cover the number.

What makes you think they will win with the score so close? Not questioning, just wondering why you said that as Im still trying to learn the game......thanks:)

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg
MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg
MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

PAWAQATSI

Kangaroos
Forum Member
Dec 8, 2001
the land of confusion
Full time....17 - 16 an Aussie win and a Irish cover. Hoss' 2pt play cashes and the pile grows ever taller!!

Cheers Hoss:toast: (these glasses are starting to chip)

UT-Longhorn

U.T. Texas Ex
Forum Member
Jul 13, 2002
Texas
Oh my gosh, thanks guys for the updates and such, but ive gotta go to the hospital for the Heartattack I just about had. Had 2 units on the -21, and 30 Units on the Aussie Moneyline. I have SOOOOOOOO learned my lesson and will not play with fire again. I cannot believe the Aussies pulled that out.......:eek: :eek: :eek:
Congrats Hoss on that win!!!!!

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

hoss

Forum Member
Feb 24, 2002
England
:D :D

Record 17/9 +20.1pts :cool:

5 on the trot now - can't last but still keen on NZ to hammer the Welsh reserves tomorow. I'm also going to have -

1pt Uruguay (+79) v England - a point a minute seems a lot to me - Uruguay are no good but should at least be able to compete up front a bit. Trusting on Englands reserve back line not being quite as well drilled - only a very small bet though, do take it easy.

hoss

don't forget 2pt play already posted on New Zealand :D

ps PAWA that express of yours will be fitted out with all the best kit on the back of this ;)

alb

Forum Member
Oct 30, 1999
Gibraltar
Yeah, everybody is hitting the 'All Blacks' as I can only get -46 @4/6 now. Damn.....could have had 10/11 when it first came out. Anyway, I am taking 1st half -21 @ 9/10 at Stan James and and I'll probably take -50 @ 10/11......spread pushes are considered a loss (that is so dumb!).

british bulldog

Forum Member
Sep 5, 2002
England, u.k.
This will be short.

A New Zealand second XV would beat the first string of the Welsh by 30+ points, but a second string Welsh!!!!

This will get ugly, New Zealand in a canter.

Missed the -46, so I am taking

3 points NEW ZEALAND -48 5/6 (TOTE)

crookycymru

Forum Member
Feb 22, 2002
Wales (United Kingdom)
Bulldog,

You are wrong....a second All Blacks fifteen would not beat the Welsh first team by thirty plus.:nono:

New Zealand vs Wales

The group decider in earnest tomorrow between the might of the All Blacks, and the even greater Welsh!! I have already voiced my opinion on the team selection, but the fact reamins that in parts, the Welsh team is fairly strong. The Welsh tight five look strong, and should at least be able to compete, although there are worries about the Welsh back row. I played college rugby with No 8 Alix Popham, for around two years, and he is not a player capable of doing damage to the All Blacks. The half backs are not the worst in the competition by any means, while the centres at least have the ability to cross the gain line. OK, I am not saying we are a team able to live with the All Blacks, but we do have the potential to put points on the board at least.
One has to take into account how fired up these All Blacks will be. I imagine they are under instructions to create as much damage as possible for between 50-60 minutes, before a host of substitutions will be made, which is bound to disrupt the fluency of the game.
I dont think the New Zealand cover is as straight forward as some claim, and I am counting on the Welsh to put around ten to twenty points on the board. Taking this into account and you need the All Blacks to score nearer seventy, and I will be a very disappointed Welshman if this happens tomorrow.

1 Point Wales (+52) available at 10/11 Generally

Leaning towards Uruguay in the other game, but deciding to pass, as I cannot trust how they will play tomorrow.

:shrug:

A Max Boyce classic to get you in the mood :

Three men gather to take up the challenge of running across Australia's biggest lake...Lake Eyre. The three men are Iestyn Harris of Wales, Joe Rokocoko of New Zealand and the Pope.

First off is Iestyn Harris who sprints across the waters of Lake Eyre and back to huge cheers of Bread of Heaven from the thousands of Welsh fans present. Secondly, Joe Rokocoko sets off, and sprints across the water and back to massive renditions of the Haka from the Kiwis present.

Lastly, the Pope sets off and after crossing half of the lake, crashes into the water and drowns.

Joe Rokocoko turns to Iestyn Harris and says "Iestyn man, you could have told the great Pope about the stepping stones"

Iestyn Harris looking rather puzzled turns to Rokocoko and yells " What stepping stones???????"

:p :thefinger :moon:

And that is a true story......I know cos I was there!!!!!

Cymru Am Byth!! ;)

Anders

Bandit
Forum Member
Dec 17, 2000
New Zealand
Not going to play the ABs game, spread about right, ABs could play averagely and win by 32, could hit their straps and win by 58....

Just going to hope for a try or two to Mils .... :D

And good to see the Tongans still top of the Bad Boys chart - hopefully discipline will be a key in the latter rounds to let me cash that ticket...

Will back England -78.5 v Uruguay x 1 unit; think England will make a statement here ahead of the quarters against a very poor opponent in terms of class gulf....

Nice to see another Van Niekerk try too... :cool:

Just recapping a few prop plays I had in case some are wonderng what I'm prattling about... :rolleyes:

France to win tournament 12-1....(still happy with this)

Tonga to win "Bad Boys" 7-1 (4 yelllow cards, one more than eliminated Fiji, France and Wales closest "challengers" with 2...)

Muliaina top NZ tryscorer at 12-1 (has 6, Howlett and Ralph have 4...)

Muliaina top tourney tryscorer at 33-1 (leads with 6, Latham and Rogers next best with 5...)

Van Niekerk top SA tryscorer at 80-1 (has 3, same as 4 other players...)

So a potential goldmine awaits ...:rolleyes: ;) :eek: :D

GL all and a great job to date everyone, Madjacks team has been hurting the books :)

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

Pumpkin

Forum Member
May 9, 2002
Canberra, Australia
One play in thes last pool matches before the real deal starts

Wales at plus 50.5

two thing are lpushing me this way and they are the wet and windy conditions predicted tonight and the 2nd string welsh boys having their only crack at making the number 1 side.

Also believe the kiwi's may be looking ahead to the next game already and might be happy to just win.

As a side note it would really throw a cat amongts the pidgeons if Wales somehow win. :eek:

1pt Wales +50.5