Service Plays for 12/31 - Happy New Year!

MB MLB 728x90 Jpg

the duke

Registered
Forum Member
Feb 19, 2007
POINT TRAIN
10-UNIT BOWL GAME OF THE YEAR

4:30:00 PM OKLAHOMA STATE COWBOYS (-4.5) over Indiana Hoosiers

Rating: 10 units

Oklahoma State (-) over Indiana at 5:30 pm EST The Hoosiers have all the motivation in the world as they are making their first bowl appearance in 14 years and have the memory of former HC Terry Hoeppner on their minds. While the motivation might keep Indiana in the game, it won?t be nearly enough to overcome Oklahoma State?s explosive offense. The Cowboys boast one of the nation?s most potent offenses. Led by a balanced running game that features three runners with over 600 rushing yards this year, OK State is seventh in the country with 245.8 rushing ypg. But the Cowboys offense is no one-trick pony as it can also light it up through the air. QB Zac Robinson has thrown for better than 2500 yards and 20 touchdowns and is 17th in the nation in passing efficiency. Additionally, star wideout Adarius Bowman is likely to return for this game, giving the Cowboys yet another weapon. Indiana?s defense has had its share of problems this year, especially in the second half. The Hoosiers have allowed 32.7 ppg over their last six games and will have an extremely difficult time holding back an Oklahoma State offense averaging 35.2 ppg over its last six. The only reason Indiana has had any success on defense is because of a strong pass rush. But that pass rush will be handcuffed in this game by a Cowboys offensive line that has allowed just 11 sacks all year, good for 5th in the country. The Hoosiers are one of the feel-good stories of the college football season but they just don?t have the talent on defense to stay in this game. Ride with Oklahoma State.

the duke

Registered
Forum Member
Feb 19, 2007
Ted Sevransky (TEDDY COVERS)

20* Bowl Total of year
Over 54 Air Force

South Fla -6
Fresno St +6
Auburn +3 -120

CFB
Auburn Tigers +3 comp

the duke

Registered
Forum Member
Feb 19, 2007
ETHAN LAW

AIR FORCE (9-3) vs CALIFORNIA (6-6)

This is the kind of match-up I absolutely love because I really try to go ?inside the head? of the odds maker and the betting public to which they are often trying to deceive. I wanted to say that because ?in the dark? Air Force is the obvious selection! There is no question about this as the public notices the results week in and week out and the results show how one team (Air Force) would be classified as very ?hot? going into this match-up, while the other team would be classified as very cold (California). Indeed, coming into the ?Armed Forces Bowl?, a game that ?if perception couldn?t get any more one sided? has a bowl team that is actually part of the Armed Forces (irony?) has an Air Force team that has won three straight and six of its last seven games. Overall Air Force is an impressive (9-3 SU & 9-2 ATS) with an offense averaging an impressive 27 points per game, on 294 yards rushing and 120 passing. On the defensive side of the ball, their ?on paper? (we will discuss more about this below) stats are equally impressive as they are allowing opposing offensive just over 19 points per game this season. On the season, Air Force was just 3-3 SU & ATS away from home and lost to BYU (31-6), Navy (31-20) and New Mexico (34-31), giving up a whopping 320 passing yards to BYU the only team among those three with a dangerous passing attack. In stark contrast to Air Forces impressive 6-1 streak, California comes into this game on a miserable 1-6 SU & 0-7 ATS run after being No. 2 in the nation earlier in the season. Indeed, the Golden Bear (6-6 SU & 3-9 ATS) came into the season with national championship hopes under head coach Jeff Tedford as they started the season on a tear going 5-0 with wins against nationally ranked Tennessee (45-31) Oregon (31-24), and the likes of Colorado State (34-28), Louisiana Tech (42-12) and Arizona (45-27). On the season their balanced offense averages 28 points, 149 yards rushing, 217 passing per game behind junior quarterback Nate Longshore (2,544 yards, 59%, 16 touchdowns, 13 interceptions), and running back Justin Forsett (1,406 yards, 5 yards per carry, 13 touchdowns). Longshore was out for the 31-28 loss to Oregon State that started this losing streak and has not been the same since his return, as he has throw 11 interceptions the last 6 games. California is also perhaps one of their more shocking losses in the programs recent history in their last game of the season when they lost 20-13 to rival Stanford.

Before we get to the crux as to why we are backing the California Golden Bears on Monday, I do feel compelled to tell you about the absolutely miserable technical trends we will have to buck in order to get the SU & ATS win. Unfortunately, California comes into this contest with some of the worst technical data I have seen in quit some time, even worse then the trends I saw in the Texas game that nobody appeared to like. For starters, California is a miserable 1-11 ATS in the second half of the season over the last 2 years and is a perfectly horrible 0-7 ATS off a loss against a conference rival over the same span. If that couldn?t get any worse, The Bears are also 0-7 ATS after playing 2 straight conference games this season and are 2-11 ATS after playing 3 straight conference games over the last 2 seasons! Even in this situation, the loss to Stanford historically hurts our chances because California is 7-20 ATS off an upset loss as a favorite since 1992. our resident trend guru mark Lawrence chimes in to give us even more terrible information when he tells us that California 6-13-1 ATS in their last 20 against bowl opponents on their schedule. Meanwhile, Air Force has all of the favorable trends going for them as the service academies are a stellar 20-5 ATS in bowls as underdogs. Oh boy! So as you can see, not only does Air Force come into this game as the ?better/hotter team? from the publics perspective, any traditional handicapping ideology would also favor Air force as a selection, which is why I anticipate them being a very popular selection among the public and service touts alike.

So I guess the big question is?.if everything is pointing to Air Force, why am I backing California? To answer that question briefly, I will turn your attention to what I originally said in the Texas analysis, in a game which virtually all of my competitors picked Arizona State. Very selectively have I laid the chalk in the bowl season (only 2 selections this bowl season) but from a fundamental analysis, we have California domination. Similar to Texas, California entered this season ranked among the nation's top five teams and their opponent Air Force was nowhere to be found in the top 25 preseason selections. Why? Simply put, California has the better athletes on the field when these teams match-up and they own unit-on-unit fundamental match-up advantages on BOTH sides of the football. Indeed, at one point in the season this was also a California team that ranked No 2 in the NCAA and beat a then ranked Oregon team that had already beaten the likes of Michigan, Fresno State, Houston, USC and Arizona State all teams who are bowling and some of arguably the best teams in the nation. They also started the season with a win over Tennessee who in turn beat Georgia, South Carolina, Kentucky, Arkansas again all teams in bowls and all teams on a different level the Air Force. Granted, Air Force has been impressive with their 6-1 run, but one can hardly lay to much credibility into wins over UNLV Colorado State, Wyoming, Army, Notre Dame and San Diego State teams who were a combined 20-52 on the season! Although I would not classify the Falcons schedule as ?easy? but when compared to the likes of California, the contrast in strength of schedule is alarming. As stated above, although the box scores will show that ?on paper? Air Force averaged 29 points per game and 419 yards of total offense and 19 point per game on defense against all opponents this season, those numbers were significantly different when they match-up up against opponents who are in bowl games this season (Utah, BYU, TCU, Navy and New Mexico). Indeed, against those aforementioned ?bowl teams? on their schedule they yielded 25 points per game on 351 total yards, while their offense had a dramatic decline to just 19 points per game (10 less) and 351 yards per game, which is a pretty shocking difference. The 351 yards per game their defense is giving up, will probably be the major difference in this match-up. It should also be noted that Air Force played only one top #20 team this season (BYU) and lost that game by a whopping 31-6 margin. Now they must try and stop the California offensive juggernaut that has averaged 28 points per game this season and one that has averaged 399 yards of total offense. Interestingly, California was actually able to move the ball better against the better teams on their schedule as they did against the weaker teams, something that cannot be said for Air Force. On the season California averaged 399 yards of total offense and 28 points per game on 5.2 yards per play overall, and a nearly identical 27 points, 401 yards, and 5.1 yards per play against bowl foes. Again it cannot be stressed that those were against some of the best defenses in the nation in USC, Oregon and Tennessee.

From a motivational standpoint, this game is a little harder to read as this is the first time Air Force has been to a bowl since 2002, while perception is that California is disappointed to be in this bowl contest. However, with such a monumental collapse to close the season California needs a win here for recruiting and needs to get their fans looking forward to next season. A large part of their collapse at the end of this season was due to some injuries, but the layoff will help get their players healthy and they can refocus their efforts. As expected, the public has been backing the underdog Air Force at a 52% clip and the line has moved against the flow of the money and has moved to 4.5. The public backing an ?underdog? in this spot is not surprising because California does come into this as (without question) the coldest team in the nation. However, as you will recall California ended last season in a similar fashion going 0-5 ATS until going out and absolutely destroying Texas A&M 45-10. Of note, three years ago when the Bears traveled to Air Force, they put up 56 points and 573 yards and a similar result wouldn?t surprise me here as the Falcons will be overmatched against this speedy and athletic California team. Air Force will get some yards on the ground, but California?s air attack should do well against a slow Falcon secondary and can name their score ?if they want to?. If all else fails take solace in the fact that California is an impressive 14-3 ATS as chalk of 3.5-10 points under Jeff Tedford, winning by an average of 24.4 points per game! Lay it!

Verdict: California 34, Air Force 17
PLAY 1* UNIT ON CALIFORNIA -4.5

NCAA BOWL OPINIONS
OREGON +6.5 (ADDED)
GEORGIA TECH -6 (ADDED)

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

the duke

Registered
Forum Member
Feb 19, 2007
Sharp Betting

Monday Package

50-37 monitored NCAAF record

Air Force
Geo Tech
S Florida
Clemson

the duke

Registered
Forum Member
Feb 19, 2007
AAA

NCAAF: Auburn Tigers at Clemson Tigers - Auburn +2.5 -110 | Unit Value: 2
Game Date: 12/31/2007
Note: I do want to make it very clear that I absolutely hate Tommy Tuberville. But, when it comes to laying down money, it is clear that his coached team have been a very good proposition. That is especially true in the big games and he has had a few of those this year beating arch rival Alabama for the 6th straight time to close out the 2007 campaign, winning at Arkansas, beating Florida in the swamp, and giving LSU the scare of their life down there in Tiger Land. This team knows how to win, and more importantly, this team knows how to prepare to win. With preparation time as it is for this game, I suspect that the Tigers from the state of Alabama, ranked 6th in the land in total D, 8th in scoring D, 19th vs the run, & 13th vs the pass, will be up to the task verses the Clemson potent offense. Much has been said about the Clemson QB. Harper, who ranks 17th in the nation, as well as 1st in the ACC in QB ratings, with a 67% pct, & 2,887 yds, along with 27 TD passes, & just 6 Int's, is a good one. However, Clemson is prone to the turnover, and Auburn is one of the hardest hitting teams in Division 1A. They can make you get out of your rythem with extreme pressure on the passer, and a secondary that is probably the 2nd Best the SEC has to offer. That is key in this contest and we have already seen Auburn stop a talented Florida Gator passing attack, as well as holding Vandy to just 7 points. I can promise you that this is not going to be the popular choice in this game. Bettors love to play the best offensive teams and Auburn is not recognized as such. They are averaging 10 points less per contest than Clemson this year, and at time, they have had trouble moving the ball. But there is no doubt that their schedule has been much tougher than Clemson, playing some of the better D's in the country. The Clemson Tigers have 3 losses this year. Boston College, Virginia Tech, and Georgia Tech. Those 3 teams just happen to all have Great D Squads. They all have D teams similar to that of Auburn. None of them are better than this Auburn Crew. Coincidence? I don't think so.

NCAAF: Indiana Hoosiers at Oklahoma State Cowboys - Oklahoma State -4 -110 | Unit Value: 2
Game Date: 12/31/2007
Note: Have I mentioned yet that I am not at all impressed with the play in the Big 10 this year?. While this conference has some good teams, overall, they have been as weak as I have seen them for a very long time. Indiana is in the category of just average and the fact is, if they had played in the conference that the Cowboys do, they would not be Bowling this year. I can't even begin to count the money I have made betting for and against the Hoosiers, because they are very predictable. They punish the lessor schools with their potent offensive attack, and they get punished when they play the Big Boys. While I would not say that OK State is a Big Boy, they do bring much more to the table in this one, including more team speed on both sides of the line of scrimmage. You can look at all 5 Indiana losses this year and in every one of them, they had severe stat deficiencies. That is also true in a game in which they won verses Iowa, with a lot of breaks giving them that win. Oklahoma State has the 9th best offense in the country. They also have the 7th best rushing offense. It does not take a Rocket Scientist to look and see, that against the better rushing teams of the Big 10, Indiana was just pathetic. Michigan State alone garnered 368 yards verses this team. Wisconsin 279 yards. Overall Rushing D numbers for Indiana look OK, but when you look further, you see that they played a lot of non-conference foes that pass the ball a lot. That works in their favor. This game does not. The QB for the Cowboys is the real deal and he can pass, and he can RUN. He should have a field day with the Hoosiers, and if OK State does not grab 40+ points in this contest, I will be hugely surprised. I am not here to say that the Hoosiers will not get some points of their own verses the Cowpoke D that is #104 in the country. However, that is somewhat decieving, considering the wide open conference in which they play. OK State will simply outscore Indiana in this game.

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

the duke

Registered
Forum Member
Feb 19, 2007
FERRINGO FOOTBALL

2-Unit Play. Take #458 Kentucky (-9) over Florida State (4 p.m., Monday, Dec. 31)
Note: Play up to -9.5. No play at 10.0 or higher.

I think this one is fairly obvious. I like the Wildcats in this one before whole FSU Suspension Fiasco and I don?t think the line here has properly adjusted. Kentucky beat a better Clemson team last year in their bowl game and this year they should handle the undermanned Seminoles. UK was terrible the last month of the year, but a closer look reveals that their losses were to powerhouses Tennessee (by 2), Georgia (by 11) and LSU (by 6). Two of the losses came in overtime. The ACC stinks and I think the Cats win this one by double digits.

3.5-Unit Play. Take #454 South Florida (-6) over Oregon (2 p.m., Monday, Dec. 31)
The Ducks are really on tilt. Since losing Dennis Dixon this team has gone in the tank and I just don?t trust Brady Leaf (or whoever else is quarterbacking the Ducks) in this one. This USF team is battle hardened and they have faced the type of speed they?ll be matched up against in the Sun Bowl. Oregon is 1-3 ATS in its last four bowl games and 1-5 ATS in December. USF is on a 14-6 ATS run and are 5-1 ATS in nonconference games. I think the Bulls drive the final nail in a once promising Oregon season.

the duke

Registered
Forum Member
Feb 19, 2007
Strike Point Football

4-Unit Play. #459 Take Indiana +4 over Oklahoma State (12/31 - 5:30 pm)

Here is a classic example of a team so excited to be in a bowl game against a team that finished in the middle of the pack in their conference in can't be thrilled to be in a game that is just so-so in their minds. Simply put: Indiana is playing for their late coach Terry Hoeppner and his dream that football could be won at Indiana. This will be their first bowl appearance since 1993, and so many intangibles play into this game that the Hoosiers find a way to win this game. I truly believe that. Also, with two spread offenses, I want the team with the better duel threat in Indiana's Kellen Lewis. Both quarterbacks are mobile, but Lewis can attack with the deep ball to 6'7'' James Hardy or bust one to the house with his feet. Indiana is playing for so much more than a simple bowl victory. And that will be the difference and the reason they capture their program's season goal.

5-Unit Play #462 Take Clemson -2 over Auburn (12/31 - 7:30 pm)

With two athletic defenses and special teams, I look for the offensive production to be the difference in this one. And with Auburn's Brandon Cox still looking like a freshman at times despite his senior status, Clemson is the way to go. I liked what I saw from first year starter Cullen Harper, and the Tigers' ability to put together a balanced attack with C.J. Spiller and James Davis on the ground to keep the Auburn defense off-balanced will have Clemson a winner here. I saw Auburn's inability to score consistently this year and that will have them playing from behind. That's when they do not perform well and thus Clemson gets a bowl win for the ACC.

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

the duke

Registered
Forum Member
Feb 19, 2007
Matty O'Shea

AIR FORCE-SINGLE DIME

S.FLA-DOUBLE DIME

GT UNDER-SINGLE DIME

KENT/FSU OVER-SINGLE DIME

OK ST/IND OVER-DOUBLE DIME

CLEMSON-SINGLE DIME

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

MMST

Forum Member
Sep 30, 2006
ATS LOCK
8 Ok St. -4 1/2
6 Auburn +2 1/2
1 unit parlay
4 California -3 1/1
Hoops
4 Xavier -7 1/2
TUESDAY
8 Georgia -7 1/2
7 Florida -10 1/2
6 USC -13 1/2
1 unit round robin
Hoops
3 Wich St.

ATS FINANCIAL
4 Fresno +6
4 Florida St. +9 1/2
3 So Florida -6
Hoops
4 Marshall -3
TUESDAY
5 Arkansas +3 1/2
4 Wisconsin +2
3 Virginia +6
Hoops
3 Alabama

WISHING EVERYONE A NEW YEAR THAT IS HAPPY, HEALTHY, WEALTHY, AND WISE.

GIANTS007

support 81
Forum Member
Oct 11, 2007
Vegas Experts Tip Of The Day

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

easy winner yesterday
17~11 for the month of december

the last 2 months Oct 15-10..Nov 17-10)

Indiana Hoosiers at Oklahoma State Cowboys
Monday, December 31st, 6:00 PM ET

Only a late three-point win over Purdue in its rivalry game got the Hoosiers this Bowl bid. Before that game they had lost four in a row in the Big Ten, turning the ball over 13 times in the process. Oklahoma State lost three-of-four down the stretch but those were to Texas, Kansas and Oklahoma. Texas already trounced Arizona State in the Holiday Bowl and the other two clubs are playing after New Year's in BCS Bowls. Besides Purdue Indiana scored its wins over Indiana State, Western Michigan, Akron, Iowa, Minnesota and Ball State.

Play on: Oklahoma State

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

GIANTS007

support 81
Forum Member
Oct 11, 2007
Frank Rosenthal

His totals are on a 4-0 run.

ARMED FORCES BOWL
451 AIR FORCE+5 SB
OVER 54.5 SB+
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
SUN BOWL
453 OREGON+6.5 SB
UNDER 52.5 SB
HUMANITARIAN BOIWL
455 FRESNO ST+6.5 SB
UNDER 55 SB
MUSIC CITY BOWL
458 KY-9 SB
UNDER 58 SB
INSIGHT BOWL
460 OK ST-4 SB
OVER 68 SB
CHICK-FIL-A BOWL
461 AUBURN+2.5 SB
UNDER 47 SB+
NBA
705 BUCKS+12 SB
711 RAPTORS+6.5 SB
713 WOLVES+7 SB

COLLEGE HOOPS
717 FIU+18.5 SB
721 FORDHAM+20.5 SB
726 DREXEL+9 SB
727 KANSAS ST+9 SB
HAPPY NEW YEAR!