Soccer 2017 January - May

PittsburghKid

Forum Member
Dec 20, 2011
How bad is Honduras to allow 3 goals in 8 minutes? And that free kick goal to make it 6-0...horrific goaltending :lol:

Actually missed the first 15 mins of second half. Turned hoops on at half and got caught up in wisky game

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Vig

Registered
Forum Member
Feb 5, 2016
3/25 Sat WCQ

3/25 Sat WCQ

Played these late last night, prices have gone up a bit on all.

Europe Group A

Sweden -1 -103 vs Belarus WIN

France -3 -121 @ Luxembourg LOSS

Netherlands -1 -116 @ Bulgaria LOSS

Europe Group B

Faroe Islands -155 @ Andorra LOSS

Explanations on each are essentially the same. Playing the better team, expecting them all to win their games or worst case push on the goal line. Faroe Islands play is similar thinking to the Macedonia/Leichtenstein game yesterday. Faroe can actually put the ball in net, and Andorra is seeking their first win ever in qualifying.

GL

Last edited:

BASON

Forum Member
Mar 26, 2002
Rehoboth Beach
Great result for the US with an easy win.. Reaffirmed that Pulisic is by far the best player on the team and is going to be a star for many years. I laugh at the ESPN Donovan comparisons as he is leaps and bounds ahead of him at age 18. I will wait to see how they play in Panama before I get excited as Honduras might as well have stayed at home. Still have serious reservations about Bradley and Altidore as well as the back line.

PittsburghKid

Forum Member
Dec 20, 2011
MLS Saturday

Minn +1.5 3* to win 2*
Minn/NE FH draw 1* to win 1.6*

BASON

Forum Member
Mar 26, 2002
Rehoboth Beach
Why is the MLS even playing during the international break? Just another reason it is hard to take this league seriously.

Vig

Registered
Forum Member
Feb 5, 2016
Played these late last night, prices have gone up a bit on all.

Europe Group A

Sweden -1 -103 vs Belarus WIN

France -3 -121 @ Luxembourg LOSS

Netherlands -1 -116 @ Bulgaria LOSS

Europe Group B

Faroe Islands -155 @ Andorra LOSS

Explanations on each are essentially the same. Playing the better team, expecting them all to win their games or worst case push on the goal line. Faroe Islands play is similar thinking to the Macedonia/Leichtenstein game yesterday. Faroe can actually put the ball in net, and Andorra is seeking their first win ever in qualifying.

GL

Home dogs ruled today. Really expected Faroe Islands to score and win, but that was undone with the red. And lol, Luxembourg managed to not embarrass themselves

2017: 19-18-4

PittsburghKid

Forum Member
Dec 20, 2011
Jump back, what's that sound
Here she comes, full blast and top down
Hot shoe, burnin' down the avenue
Model citizen zero discipline
Don't you know she's coming home with me?
You'l lose her in the turn
I'll get her!
Panama, Panama
Panama, Panama
Ain't nothin' like it, her shiny machine
Got the feel for the wheel, keep the moving parts clean
Hot shoe, burnin' down the avenue
Got an on-ramp comin' through my bedroom
Don't you know she's coming home with me?
You'll lose her in the turn
I'll get her!

With that said I'm on the Stars and Stripes again Tuesday. I think the shiny machine is the US on Tuesday.

USA 3* to win 3*

PittsburghKid

Forum Member
Dec 20, 2011
PenguinFan what are your plans next weekend? If you're around and want to meet for drinks let me know

PittsburghKid

Forum Member
Dec 20, 2011
WCQ Europe

Slovakia FH 6* to win 3*
Slovakia -2 5.1* to win 3*

PittsburghKid

Forum Member
Dec 20, 2011

BASON

Forum Member
Mar 26, 2002
Rehoboth Beach
South America WCQ

Brazil -2 -110. Putting this in now. Brazil is playing as good as they have in many years. Simply on fire since the new coach came on on board. They have won a record straight 7 qualifiers (21-2 combined score) and basically wrap up a spot as they are 7 points clear of second and 10 clear of the playoff spot. Recent history may be on the side of Paraguay, but I will ride Brazil as I think they roll at home. Most of you know I don't like laying this type of goals, but I think it is warranted here.

Argentina at -120 looks very tempting, but for now I am staying away based on Argentina's poor home performance last game and a couple of suspensions. Bolivia may have the best home field advantage in the world plus they did not send their best team to Columbia in anticipation of this match (and they got screwed on a late penalty call in Columbia to lose 1-0). Argentina drew at Bolivia in 2013 1-1 and got killed 6-1 back in 2009. Not sure I trust Argentina to win this one against a motivated Bolivian squad.

Ecuador/Columbia. Huge game for both teams as a win will mean separation from each other and the loser likely moves out of the playoff since Chile should win at home against Venezuela. Neither team looked great last match. Still working on this one, but looks like a must win situation for Ecuador to me as you simply can not lose home games and advance.

I am already excited about the next Champions League round and may start making some initial bets. Bayern at -110 is looking very strong for me as well as Juventus +170/Pk-110. Trying to practice some restraint right now but I will be watching these lines daily. Goal is to win enough $$ over the next couple weeks to make some large plays (it definitely helps the bank roll that college hoops is almost done!)

PittsburghKid

Forum Member
Dec 20, 2011
Love juve at home. Busy but just wanted to toss that out there..

Ransom aside? Anyone ever been to negril Jamaica? I go somewhere different on spring break every year and this year is negril. Staying at Riu Negril (I've always stayed at Rius) anyhow even though I always do all inclusive I always eat out once in town to experience local restaurant. See some great places and reviews in trio advisory but haven't picked a place yet, any recommendations? Also my two things I'm doing are ricks cafe and luminous lagoon kayaking on bioluminescent waters.. anyone else have anything that's a must?

PittsburghKid

Forum Member
Dec 20, 2011
I also have 4 free nights to use anytime at any hotel chain related to SBG group.. if anyone has any interest in 4 nights in Vegas at flamingo this summer let me know or if even out in Vegas. Bason I'll also try and make a trip to one of your restaurants as well. Would love to meet you

BASON

Forum Member
Mar 26, 2002
Rehoboth Beach
I used to go to Vegas about 3-4 times a year but that stopped once I retired down to DE. However, I can likely be talked into going out in July or August for a few days since that is the busiest time of year here and I can usually use a break from the crowds. I can probably still get free rooms at the Mirage. If not, very cheap rooms at any MGM resorts.

Would be great if you can make it to Rehoboth at any time.

Reactions: jng

DZ

Urban Achiever
Forum Member
Oct 22, 2009
310/917
Would love to meet up in Vegas. I'm only a 4-5hr drive from LA, so if the timing worked out I would drive or fly out with the wife and stay at the same hotel or somewhere nearby.

Reactions: jng

BASON

Forum Member
Mar 26, 2002
Rehoboth Beach
I am making a small play on Ecuador, now +105. Line is somewhat telling here to me, plus I think if they lose this game they are likely done as they have Brazil and Chile on the road, a winnable game against Peru at home and their final home game is against Argentina. Winning home games in South America is crucial. They may not qualify anyway but I will take a shot with a strong home team (like Bolivia's advantage) against a Columbia team that struggled in Bolivia at good odds.

Bet on MyBookie