Soccer 2017 January - May

BASON

Forum Member
Mar 26, 2002
Rehoboth Beach
Your welcome. Had to sweat it out but easily could have been much worse. Bad call on Ecuador though. I more or less had the Argentina game right. Should have posted a small play on Bolivia as I did throw a couple bucks on the ML. Going to be very interesting last 4 games for South America as the table is very tight after Brazil.

US game went very much as I expected. It was a bad game and they more or less settled for the draw in the second half. Most of that team should not see the light of day come WC time, and this includes Altidore, as I continue to believe he should not start for this team let alone be on the roster. He was completely invisible last night and the US has better options. His first touch is just bad 80% of the time. He needs to watch tons of tape on Lukaku since he is a much worse version of him. Going to be interesting to watch how this team plays out over the summer.

BASON

Forum Member
Mar 26, 2002
Rehoboth Beach
I should have just kept to not posting today. Sorry about that one. Just got tied up last night and couldn't post everything for today.

Really like Swansea tomorrow. I said Middlesbrough was done a month ago and these next two games should be their downfall. Simply a must win home game for Swansea to get further from regulation and they have the talent to get it done. Strong play for me.

BASON

Forum Member
Mar 26, 2002
Rehoboth Beach
Tuesday

England

Sticking with the hot team and going with Leicester -1 -120. I think Sunderland is done, they can't score and now their coach is threatening female reporters. Leicester is simply on fire and playing like they did last year and I think they take care of business again tomorrow to put relegation much further behind them.

Germany

Bayern is a machine, but also entering a tough stretch with Bundesliga, Champions and Cup games, so there is a chance they start to take it a little easy in the league. Hoffenheim will still push the pace and they can score, so I like the Ov 3 -110 in this game.

I will also take the Ov 3 -125 in the Dortmund game as I also expect Hamburg to score. I see pushes as worst case in both these games.

I am going to limit it to these 3 plays, but its tough not to like Bremen in a Pk+110 given their recent form, but I have not been able to get a great handle on Schalke this year, so I will lay off this given that we have a lot of action this week.

Champions League Note- Bayern line has climbed from -110 to -125 most places already (personally I think this line should be -150). I placed an initial wager at -110 and added more at -120 this morning. I simply do not see them losing at home to Real and I will continue to watch the line and add accordingly as this will be a big play for me. The total is also up to Ov2.5 -145. I will play a little here on the over as I think this will be 3 by the time the game rolls around. Gives me some protection on the game as I think if Real gets an unlikely win it will be an over. No change in the Juventus line so have not made any bets there yet.

Terryray

Say Parlay
Forum Member
taking these today!

taking these today!

Atletico Madrid -1.5 +113 (2:45 PM ET) -- Atletico in fine form now, even scoring a lot of goals lately...Sociedad has had a good season, but racked with injuries and now have to face a world class team...last time out beat them 3-0..

Leicester City -1 -128 (2:45 PM ET) -- really on a roll now, will win big here as have in most all recent games...

AS Roma -149 (3:30 PM ET) -- Roma has won 4 of last 5 H2H, only trophy they can collect this season is in this cup and Lazio can actually advance with a narrow loss here ...

GmanKC

Registered
Forum Member
Feb 20, 2015
KCMO
Nice pit kid ! I was on the fence , MU has been stingy with goals lately . Good call ! :0008

DZ

Urban Achiever
Forum Member
Oct 22, 2009
310/917
I ended up putting a unit on Man U at half. Sure seemed like they got bailed out with the Ibra goal off the handball penalty late, but the reality is that Ibra was robbed of a goal that was mistakenly called offsides about 15 minutes earlier.

BASON

Forum Member
Mar 26, 2002
Rehoboth Beach
Have to continue to ride Union Berlin at home in Bundesliga 2 today. It is very pricey at -160 but they must win to keep pace at the top of the table. Only thing keeping it being a big play is that Aue is fighting to stay out of relegation, but I think we see a tight Union Berlin win today.

Going to the well once again against Middlesbrough even though they burned me against Swansea. This is a huge game at the bottom of the table. Hull needs a win at home and Middle can not afford another draw. I think they have to open up some and try to score which should leave them vulnerable. Going with Hull Even.

Terryray

Say Parlay
Forum Member
on these now

on these now

English Premier League

parlay, 1 unit pays 1.02:
2:45 PM ET Arsenal -245 over West Ham
3:00 PM ET Liverpool -226 over Bournemouth

Liverpool has payback on their minds, and West Ham really struggling now...

2:00 PM ET Borussia Monchengladbach -0.5 -123 over Hertha (German - Bundesliga)

Hertha got a slew of injuries today and haven't won on road in quite a while...

Vig

Registered
Forum Member
Feb 5, 2016
English Premier League

parlay, 1 unit pays 1.02:
2:45 PM ET Arsenal -245 over West Ham
3:00 PM ET Liverpool -226 over Bournemouth

Liverpool has payback on their minds, and West Ham really struggling now...

2:00 PM ET Borussia Monchengladbach -0.5 -123 over Hertha (German - Bundesliga)

Hertha got a slew of injuries today and haven't won on road in quite a while...

GL, TR. Looks like we are thinking alike on the parlay mostly

Terryray

Say Parlay
Forum Member
ML parlay for Saturday, April 8....1 unit bet pays 1.08:

Tottenham -400 over Watford (ENGLAND - PREMIER LEAGUE - 07:30 AM ET #200102)
Juventus -400 over Chievo Verona (ITALY - SERIE A - 02:45 PM ET - #201250)
Barcelona FC -301 over Malaga (SPAIN - LA LIGA - 02:45 PM ET - #201969)

[if you don't see this parlay until after 730am, then substitute Chelsea (12:30 PM ET) for Tottenham].. Spurs haven't lost since middle of Feb and Watford have a slew of missing players, mostly on defense....ol' reliable Juventus have won last 31 matches at home, and now play a mid-table team who have lost 6 of last 9 on road.....Malaga (#15) have lost 17 of 19 matches in competition, tho off a rare win in Gijon, that will keep them happy for a while, whereas Barcelona is on another level and need a win here to keep a shot at #1

BASON

Forum Member
Mar 26, 2002
Rehoboth Beach
Only took 93 minutes, but got the win!

This may be the first time I do not place a bet on the Bayern/Dortmund game in a long time. Dortmund has a poor record against them and history points to a Bayern win (as does the line at at -190 and -1 -120). However, Bayern's last performance was terrible and both teams have Champions League this week at home, so they have to be looking ahead to those games since a win is imperative if they want to move on. Game is much more important to Dortmund as they look to move into third on the table. Just too much going on to play Bayern at that price. If I was forced to bet I would take Dortmund +1 as I am not sure we see Bayern at 100% today. Remember, this is a big game due to the success of both sides but it is not a huge rivalry in Germany. I am going to just sit back and watch.

I will also ride Bobby's over play in the MLS this evening since all Minnesota games have gone over.

BASON

Forum Member
Mar 26, 2002
Rehoboth Beach
Champions League

Juve +165/Pk-120

I am putting most of my bet in now as this line has started to move some, especially the GL. Juve is probably the best home team in the world right now. I fully expect them to play great defensively and work hard for the 2-0 win. I will be playing both the goal line as well as the ML as Barca can be unpredictable at times and they definitely were distracted this weekend. In the end, my ML bet will be half of my GL bet. I will keep a little dry powder available but I do not expect this line to go the other way.

Still working on the Dortmund game. I am tempted to bet both teams to score at -225 as I do not think Dortmund can shut them out, but it is pricey. If not, likely Dortmund -150 as I expect them to bounce back from the Bayern loss.

Bayern -125. Already have a lot of money on -110 and -120 as previously noted, so will only add if Tuesday goes well.

Have not made any bets in Atletico/Leicester yet. Know many that really like Atletico, and they should definitely win at home, but have not decided I like laying the -1.5 yet. Just have a feeling that Leicester will keep this close. Tuesday's result again will likely decide if I make a play here.

Really looking forward to these games after a less then stellar slate this weekend.

BASON

Forum Member
Mar 26, 2002
Rehoboth Beach
I am adding only to the Juve Pk -120 as I simply do not see them losing at home. I am going to lay the -225 for both teams to score in the Dortmund game. Dortmund is a bit pricey for me and the line keeps rising, but they are extremely difficult to beat at home, especially for non-league teams. I do not see them keeping Monaco off the board though, so I will lay the lumber for both teams to score versus taking Dortmund or the over. Just seems to be the best bet to me.

Bet on MyBookie