Soccer 2018 January-May

PittsburghKid

Forum Member
Dec 20, 2011
+77.2*. So close to sweeping everything .. steeler Time now.... FH and winning both halves would have been icing though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BASON

Forum Member
Mar 26, 2002
Rehoboth Beach
Wow, that was a good one.

Will get a little greedy today and sprinkle some of the profits on Barca -1.5 Even. Sociedad is a different team than they used to be when they gave Barca fits at home. They are struggling and Barca seems to pour it on when Real loses. See 2 or 3 to nil.

Vig

Registered
Forum Member
Feb 5, 2016
Very nice LP call gents. I missed the game and all, family meet took precedence. Barca too, Bason!

PittsburghKid

Forum Member
Dec 20, 2011
So mad i missed the replay on Shrewsbury today.

FA Cup

3 straight games not scoring. Back to the well today with this play , same as first game between the 2 . Chelsea has to finally score, early too?

Chelsea/canaries FH over 1 18* to win 10*

Going back to the well with wolves again

Wolves 2* to win 4*
Wolves PK 3* to win 3*
Wolves +.5 9* to win 5*

Wigan PK 3* to win 2*

Just feel league one vs premier and line doesn?t reflect it . Seems even, I?ll take the team 2 leagues below

PittsburghKid

Forum Member
Dec 20, 2011
Soccer 2018 January-May

Just want to put these from other thread into this one so it?s easier for me. Don?t know how to do other than copy and paste. These are from August

?Couple early futures that have really caught my attention.

England top southern club

Southampton 15* to win 10* (between Southampton, Bournemouth, and Brighton)
Newcastle 16* to win 10* top promoted club (Brighton & Huddersfield)

La Liga

Atletico to win 1* to win 33* (doubt this has a chance but with the odds and Madrid and Barca slowly getting old it's always worth a try for me)

Europa League

Last year I had Man U from the start winning it and they got into the CL with it. Something tells me arsenal may have to do the same thing to get a CL spot.

Arsenal 5* to win 35*?

Vig

Registered
Forum Member
Feb 5, 2016
FA Cup

Norwich City +1.5 -105

Line has moved towards Norwich, and I feel it's low to begin with. GL

BASON

Forum Member
Mar 26, 2002
Rehoboth Beach
Nice work Vig.

Taking Berlin +.5 today at home against Dortmund. Berlin tends to step it up at home against the big clubs and Dortmund is still a bit of a mess. Pulisic will likely be back and give them a spark, but they really have no replacement for Aubamayang who they are desperately trying to sell. Could see another draw here but I will gladly take the .5 at home.

BASON

Forum Member
Mar 26, 2002
Rehoboth Beach
Love starting the weekend with a win.

Won't be around much tomorrow so here is what I am playing Saturday

B&H +1 -130. Small play, but simply do not trust Chelsea right now, plus no Pedro or Morata. They should win 2 or 3 to nil but I will pay to see them do it.

Leicester Ov 2.5 -130. Watford should score, see 2-1 game. Leicester has eye on moving up with Burnley struggling.

Hoffenheim Pk +115. They are still a very strong at home so this is a good number. Leverkusen due for a bad game. Draw is also not a bad play here, but I think Hoff can win so I will stick with the Pk.

Gladbach Ov 2.5 -130. Augsburg putting up goals lately and I expect Gladbach to bounce back from the Koln loss in the Derby. I think we see 4 or 5 here.

BASON

Forum Member
Mar 26, 2002
Rehoboth Beach
Will be getting those losses back tomorrow with

Nurnberg -120

Bundesliga 2 is back tomorrow. Nurnberg made a couple acquisitions to make the push for promotion. They have been scoring well with the best striker in the league and I expect them to win this game tomorrow.

PittsburghKid

Forum Member
Dec 20, 2011
FA Cup so mad i missed out on playing Newport in every way . Might force a halftime play

Liverpool with a stinker at Swansea. They have to come out guns blazing after that.

Liverpool FH 8* to win 5*

PittsburghKid

Forum Member
Dec 20, 2011
+47.2*

Halftime
Newport Pk 3* to win 4.8*
Newport +.5 3.9* to win 3*
Newport 2* to win 6*

Cardiff line seems lower than I?d think against ?powerhouse city??

Cardiff 1* to win 10*
Cardiff +1 FH 8* to win 5*
Cardiff +1.5 3* to win 3.3*

BASON

Forum Member
Mar 26, 2002
Rehoboth Beach
I played Newport Kid, just didn't post. Spurs are showing their true colors today. Would make my weekend to see them lose today!!

PittsburghKid

Forum Member
Dec 20, 2011
Wish i got them from the start. I liked how they been playing this cup. I?m mad at myself. They deserved to win this game. No losses for me on this game but think it deserved a 1-0 win

BASON

Forum Member
Mar 26, 2002
Rehoboth Beach
I know we have talked about this before but VR is a total disaster. This Liverpool game is a complete freaking mess. No way they can put this in the Premier League based on the Cup.

PittsburghKid

Forum Member
Dec 20, 2011
I dsint see the game Bason what happened? Currently at like my 400th straight pitt hoops home game watching awful basketball. Good thing for the fans though we got an exciting brand of hoops. All these ?fans? hated winning boringly with Dixon.. losing playing up tempo is better than 22-23 wins a year!

What happened in game? Saw i lost the reds FH 🤦🏼*♂️ that team is bipolar

PittsburghKid

Forum Member
Dec 20, 2011
I personally have always thought replay in Sports is stupid , especially Soccer.

BASON

Forum Member
Mar 26, 2002
Rehoboth Beach
There was just a flurry of bad VRs. There was a goal called off basically because the coach bitched and moaned until they looked to see if an offside player obstructed the goal. The best was when they called a penalty about 4 minutes after the play. Both were against West Brom and their fans went nuts. There were a couple more that interrupted the flow of the game. Hopefully it makes the League realize that they are not nearly ready. The system has not worked well anywhere it has been implemented.

I hate replay, but I have always said that if you are going to use it you can not have current or ex-officials being the replay officials. They are too reluctant to embarrass the ref, they make bad judgements and are reluctant to overturn calls so they use the burden of proof as an excuse. This is an issue is all sports. NFL and NCAA football replay has turned into a complete and utter joke. In the NCAA it has changed the game as you can be assured that a number of out of bounds calls, etc. will be reviewed at the end of the game so you do not need to have all your timeouts. They simply have taken it too far. None of these sports were meant to be played in super slow motion.

PittsburghKid

Forum Member
Dec 20, 2011
Couldn?t agree more. And not only not meant for slow motion they weren?t meant for extreme zooming in either to see something blown up. It?s a shame that people want replay and more of it in all sports. I hear it daily. Sports were played for decades with no replay and they did quite well

PittsburghKid

Forum Member
Dec 20, 2011
Update Record soon. This year although positive has not been a boom as previous. Still time

EPL

Arsenal -1 5* to win 4*
Arsenal FH 2* to win 2*
Liverpool (ugh) FH 3.6* to win 3*
Man U +.5 15* to win 10*

Spurs next 3 games are meaty. This team , i obviously hate because they suck when on them and well don?t suck when not on them .. i just don?t see them winning this match. Draw, i can see.

Bet on MyBookie