Soccer 2018 January-May

Vig

Registered
Forum Member
Feb 5, 2016
1230 EST Thurday

Turkish Cup

Galatasaray -1 -130 vs Konyaspor

These teams are at opposite ends of the table, and Konyaspor managed a draw last week at home against Gala. Now the rematch Konya is on the road against the superior team. -1 looks like a good number, and I think this is a worst case push situation. GL

DZ

Urban Achiever
Forum Member
Oct 22, 2009
310/917
Good call on Frankfurt, Bacon ;) I missed it by a few minutes, but glad you cashed it :0074

Vig

Registered
Forum Member
Feb 5, 2016
Turkish Cup 1-1 towards HT. I could see this game stagnating now that Galatsaray hasn't pulled away, and that they have the away goals, thus leading in aggregate. I might look to buy out live in 2H.

Vig

Registered
Forum Member
Feb 5, 2016
All's well that ends well. Galatasaray wins 4-1. Gave back a quarter unit hedging live on draw, but no harm done. I thought the situation called for a hedge, no excuses there

BASON

Forum Member
Mar 26, 2002
Rehoboth Beach
Nice call Vig!

Going to play Juve today -120. This is usually a set up I avoid as Champions League is looming, but Juve is in great form right now and seem to have the defense back to where it once was. They are also still behind Napoli which I think provides further motivation. Just a small play, but I have them targeted for a big play next week.

The Spurs game is one I have had my eye on for some time. Juve is always an automatic play for me when you get them almost Even at home. I do not care who they are playing. They are -110 against a Spurs team that I do not like very much. Plus, Spurs have a massive match against Arsenal on Saturday, which will lessen their preparation for CL since that game is huge for them in the standings. All of this points to a very strong play on Juve. Looking for any reason not to load up on this game. Spurs did draw at Real last round, but Real has showed their true colors since that time. I will wait to see how Spurs match against Arsenal plays out before I play this game, but it looks good to me right now.

Vig

Registered
Forum Member
Feb 5, 2016
GL Bason. I was about to post thinking the Juve line was a bit fishy low. I saw -115 this morning, and it's been bet up a little. Hard to bet against them though. I was surprised when I didn't see them giving a goal. Just my two cents.

BASON

Forum Member
Mar 26, 2002
Rehoboth Beach
I agree Vig, by no means a big play.

I think I will throw them in a parlay with Bilbao today and the overs in Dortmund and Bayern games tomorrow.

Vig

Registered
Forum Member
Feb 5, 2016
Very nice, Bason, Juve 2-0! Like I said, wouldn't bet against em.

BASON

Forum Member
Mar 26, 2002
Rehoboth Beach
Juve is in fine form, loving them next week.

Playing the over 3 in Dortmund and Bayern tomorrow. I expect both teams to score at least 3 themselves. Also lean to Frankfurt -110 at home against Koln.

I think the Spurs will win tomorrow (and I want them to win so there may be a let down in the CL) but I am not betting it. But, I will gladly take Swansea in a Pk -140 at home against Burnley given their current form. Been forever since Burnley won on the road and Swansea has not lost in its last 8, just beat Liverpool and Arsenal at home, so a Pk looks almost too good.

Vig

Registered
Forum Member
Feb 5, 2016
145 EST Romania

Steaua Bucuresti pk -120 ML +165 vs Cluj

SB home favored against first place Cluj. These are the matchups I look for. Won't win em all, but win many. GL

BASON

Forum Member
Mar 26, 2002
Rehoboth Beach
I'll ride with you on this one Vig.

I am making a small play on Bayern -2. Just have a feeling they blow Schalke out today.

Vig

Registered
Forum Member
Feb 5, 2016
I'll ride with you on this one Vig.

I am making a small play on Bayern -2. Just have a feeling they blow Schalke out today.

Agree on Bayern, +2 seems too easy to accept for a quality team like Schalke

Vig

Registered
Forum Member
Feb 5, 2016
Bason, any opinion Stuttgart pk -125 tomorrow vs Gladbach? The line is telling me Gladbach isn't winning based on table position, but I'm wondering what you think? Stuttgart doesn't score much, I'm thinking this smells like a draw....

BASON

Forum Member
Mar 26, 2002
Rehoboth Beach
If I were to play the game it would be Stuttgart on the Pk line. Both teams are in bad form right now, but historically, Stuttgart always plays Gladbach tough and has a winning record over them. Having said that, they have been poor against them in recent play which is why I will likely lay off this game. My best guess is 1-0 for the home team who can not afford to lose points at home right now.

Vig

Registered
Forum Member
Feb 5, 2016
If I were to play the game it would be Stuttgart on the Pk line. Both teams are in bad form right now, but historically, Stuttgart always plays Gladbach tough and has a winning record over them. Having said that, they have been poor against them in recent play which is why I will likely lay off this game. My best guess is 1-0 for the home team who can not afford to lose points at home right now.

Thanks for the input. I'll line hawk it, and make a decision tomorrow.

BASON

Forum Member
Mar 26, 2002
Rehoboth Beach
Bayern really pissed me off today. The league is over and you simply can not trust them anymore. I am not betting them again when Ribery and Robben start together. They simply do not play well together. Should have at least hit the over in that game. Ruined the day for me.

Vig

Registered
Forum Member
Feb 5, 2016
Push on Steaua if u bet the goal line. The line kept flip flopping an hour before first kick which was signaling a draw to me, but Bo had no live betting on the game to try and claim some winnings. Thought that was unusual, they have live for damn near every game. Can live with a push, with a small loss on the ML

Vig

Registered
Forum Member
Feb 5, 2016
9 EST: Italy Serie A

Chievo pk +105 vs Genoa

Counting on a let down from Genoa after their last game was a road win at Lazio. Smaller hunch play.

Vig

Registered
Forum Member
Feb 5, 2016
Also not making a play on Stuttgart vs Gladbach. Will look for an opportunity live if the game goes scoreless for awhile. If Gladbach scores first, draw will look pretty good based on the opening line, and it'll be around +450 at that point. If they score very early, then I'll probably throw it out

Vig

Registered
Forum Member
Feb 5, 2016
9 EST: Italy Serie A

Chievo pk +105 vs Genoa

Counting on a let down from Genoa after their last game was a road win at Lazio. Smaller hunch play.

Ugh, Genoa scored 91'. Loser. Was +1600 live when they scored too.

Bet on MyBookie