Soccer 2018 January-May

DZ

Urban Achiever
Forum Member
Oct 22, 2009
310/917
Dammit! You weren't kidding, Snaf. They really blew it. That was a soft goal Buffon allowed there. Worst possible scenario for me. Really needed this to finish 2-1 or 3-1 at worst.

DZ

Urban Achiever
Forum Member
Oct 22, 2009
310/917
For the record, I HATE this Tottenham team. When I play on them, I lose. When I'm against them, I lose. Gotta stay away from this team, ugh! :facepalm:

BASON

Forum Member
Mar 26, 2002
Rehoboth Beach
Same for me DZ. Guess everyone was right on this one. Juve is really showing their age. Bad foul by old man Chellini and old man Buffon made a bad mistake. Oh well.

Snafu

Forum Member
Aug 16, 2002
Finland
you know what ? bet365 has some kind of "early 2-0 = payout campaign":

"
Hi "Snafu"

Thanks to our Early Payout Offer, your pre-match Full Time Result bet(s) placed on Juventus in the Juventus v Tottenham game has been settled early.

Your account has already been credited with xxx from the following bet(s): = Juve to win +102 & +130

"
:mj07: :142smilie

:00hour

holy shit :0008

about juve, they were lucky not to lose this one. two penalties and free kick goal...
and allowing 2 goals tonight means that if they don't win or score at least two @wembley they are out.

BASON

Forum Member
Mar 26, 2002
Rehoboth Beach
I hope you took it and them bet on Tottenham in the second half!!

Juve is done. I'm glad I waited to see the line move before I loaded up.

Snafu

Forum Member
Aug 16, 2002
Finland
i made sp*rs +? and +750 bets at half time but didn't notice then that Juve was paid out already...

but winning anyway :0074

how about 'pool & ManU tomorrow ?

DZ

Urban Achiever
Forum Member
Oct 22, 2009
310/917
I hope you took it and them bet on Tottenham in the second half!!

Juve is done. I'm glad I waited to see the line move before I loaded up.

Reading back on some stuff now, I think a big part of the move was on Dybala being ruled out. Not sure that it was a given that he would sit until pretty late, but many expected him to as he's been out for a few weeks. Juve is way more dynamic on offense when he plays and if they get him and Cuadrado back for the 2nd leg, I think it will be a very even match back in London in three weeks.

BASON

Forum Member
Mar 26, 2002
Rehoboth Beach
I have a big bet on the Liverpool Ov 2.5 tomorrow. I also have Ov 1 in the FH. Man U is next week. I do not trust Liverpool enough on the road to play them.

DZ, I knew Dybala was definitely out for the game. He definitely makes a difference as they do not have much in the midfield that can create. If you told me they would be up 2-0 early in the FH, I would never bet that they would draw. Like I said, they are showing their age and need some new blood. Also shows you how weak Serie A is. The two away goals will be extremely hard to overcome in Wembley.

Snafu

Forum Member
Aug 16, 2002
Finland
thursday: Arsenal -? -180 ( -1 -103 ) vs ?stersunds aka

team between seasons, they have played one sweden cup game and a few CF's in 2018 (didn't win any).
was promoted to Allsvenskan 2016
was 5th last season in Allsvenskan, won swedish cup and was promoted to euro league
won miraculously Galatasaray @home
survived group stage and advanced to knock off stage

i have to admit i laughed a bit when i saw -180 vs ?sterunds, that's where Arsenal is now.

yes it's one of those fairy tale matches and what ever, Arse -1 103 and O2? -124

any serious team should have been around -300 or so...

BASON

Forum Member
Mar 26, 2002
Rehoboth Beach
Man, my judgment of lines this week has been off. The line movement on the Liverpool total has me baffled also. I think people are worried that Porto has issues upfront and will sit back and play defense. I am not adding given the movement.

Despite my better judgement, I am making a play on Real today at +125. PSG is the better team, but have to expect Real's best effort today.

Vig

Registered
Forum Member
Feb 5, 2016
Taking a shot on PSG pk +115. I think they're the team, esp considering that Vegas likes them just behind City to win CL. Real's entire body of work this year is definitely beneath last year's standard, and there are cracks in the wall. But going back to the futures line, I think PSG manages at least a draw today, but maybe even a not so shocking win

Vig

Registered
Forum Member
Feb 5, 2016
I also like draw in the Porto LP game, but man, the similar line movement as yesterday's Spurs Juve game actually puts me off. It's not as easy as all that, so I'll watch live betting as the lines become clearer to read

Snafu

Forum Member
Aug 16, 2002
Finland
i'm taking
RM-PSG U3? -110

only way to win this is defence and RM tries everything to keep PSG from scoring away goal(s)

'pool O2? -110

gl

BASON

Forum Member
Mar 26, 2002
Rehoboth Beach
Made a little greed bet at the half. Port Un 1.5. Trying to middle the bet. Also acts as a small hedge, but worth it since I hit the FH Ov.

BASON

Forum Member
Mar 26, 2002
Rehoboth Beach
Had a nice comeback today!

Euro is probably more stacked than ever before. You have Dortmund, Atletico Madrid, Napoli, Leipzig, Arsenal and a couple more. Some very interesting games tomorrow.

Remember, it is tough to trust some of these teams that have not played for a month, which is why I will not play on any of them, but will look at playing against a couple on the road.

Already in Napoli/Leipzig Ov 2.5 -125 and Dortmund/Atalanta Ov 2.5 -140. Rare you ever get a Dortmund game with a total under 3, especially at home, so I jumped all over it. Also think the Napoli Ov is underpriced. I may be wrong again on the line moves but if I like the price I take it. Will be very surprised if the Dortmund game does not go to 3, especially after 4 overs in the CL.

Looking at Lyon and Nice at short prices at home.

Vig

Registered
Forum Member
Feb 5, 2016
Nice Bason. I didn't get to see much of the RM PSG game, do you think PSG will be able to right the ship at home? I find CL and Europa much harder to feel than league games. So much action moving these lines, etc...
I thought there was too much love for RM today, but they're obviously not done. I did manage to catch a piece of LP while watching the line 15 min before first kick. I figured it was Joe Q Pub moving the line, but I joined anyway saving my day.

Tomorrow, I'm leaning toward Marseille -1. I may have liked Zenit, but like you've mentioned, they haven't played a meaningful game in weeks. May or may not post tomorrow, have to comb through the games much more before I put something up.

BASON

Forum Member
Mar 26, 2002
Rehoboth Beach
The away goal is still huge for PSG. Real can not play much better than they did today and you have to give them credit for coming up big when they had to. However, if Zidane continues to not put his best team on the field 80 minutes into the game PSG has a good chance. Zidane's love for Benzema and not starting Asensio is a huge mistake. All you read about is Renaldo but Asensio changed the game and created the two winning goals. I am not a Zidane fan as I simply think he was not experienced enough and gets too close to the players.

Really looking forward to the game in Paris. My guess is the coach that does not advance may lose his job, especially for Emery. If PSG spends all that money and does not make it to the quarter finals someone has to pay.

Porto was pathetic today. They should just stay home and not bother making the trip for the second leg.

I like Zenit, but I am not betting on any of the Russian, Ukranian, etc. teams. They are at a huge disadvantage at this stage except for the fact that it could be balls cold for the home games and no one likes playing there.

Snafu

Forum Member
Aug 16, 2002
Finland
another one where i see things differently than bookies = other bettors:

Wenger has at least decent squad, ?zil and Welbeck ( imo both players who like to show off against weaker opponents) will start. A few notes, temps are just below 0C, 25F, and pitch is artificial. It's been really cold ( -23C ) out there last few weeks so don't know if ?stersunds has been able to practice outside

Predicted teams

Arsenal(4-2-3-1): Ospina; Bellerin, Chambers, Mustafi, Monreal; Elneny, Xhaka; Mkhitaryan, Ozil, Iwobi; Welbeck

^ very decent squad there

Ostersunds (4-3-3): Keita, Mukiibi, Papagiannopoulos, Pettersson, Widgren; Edwards, Bergqvist, Nouri; Ghoddos, Gero, Sema

previously made bets:
Arse -1 103 and O2? -124

adding
Arse -1? +135 and -2? +340
Arse 1st half -? +105 and -1? +425

i hope Arse boys show up :box2:

gl

BASON

Forum Member
Mar 26, 2002
Rehoboth Beach
GL Snafu, they should dominate this team, but I am hesitant since they really do not have a healthy striker playing in this game. Arsenal is hard to figure out but I think the only way they make the CL is to win Euro.

Snafu

Forum Member
Aug 16, 2002
Finland
Thanks Bason

Pitch is about as perfect as it can be. really nice, good work swedes :0074

Arse looked a bit sluggish after 30min, i hope they don't do juve's...

:popcorn2

Bet on MyBookie