Things about a game vegas knows

Stag

Forum Member
Jan 22, 2001
FYI...............I'm on Providence -1 tonight...because it gits my system.
Providence also just misses BB's system..........because the line is WAY off.
Vegas often tries to tell you something with the line.......and this might be one of those examples.
Regardless, it fits into my system...and I never vary the unit amount.
Good luck BB...and I hope you stick around for a while. I might have missed this, but why only 3 weeks?
Also, your computer........is there a "fee" involved for using it....or can we all find these "computer projected lines" on a public website?
WIthour posting the link, can you just let us know? Or is it a secret?
Thanks for your posts! Great reads as well as great picks. Very interesting material.

Stag

P.S.......Superbook............great last post you had in here. So true! You are a wise man.
No school today here!

DrTrivia

Forum Member
Dec 24, 2003
St. Joseph, Michigan
This is why I love this forum...First off Kudos to you Billy. I perseve you to be not only an intelligent gambler, but an inovative one as well. Because of this I just have this sneaking suspision, that dispite your current success, you're still "tweaking", which is never a bad thing.
I, myself, as I guess many of here are (have been or will be) on the roller coaster of ups and downs. We all just look to smooth out the track and try to stay consistent on the plus side. (Which if my math serves me is about 53%). So we are constantly searching for that "Holy Grail"...that gives US the edge.
Which brings me to my question. You have posted your plays (which I will coat tail of course...lol) The game that has my curiosity that was not included but alot of us are on tonight is Temple. Layin' a relatively small number against a team that they handled easily a few weeks ago. Why wouldn't it (or why didn't it) fall within the parameters that you have set?
Just Curious...just the same...keep up the good work and keep posting. (Haven't seen this discussion on a topic in a while. Its pretty fun.)

Doc :toast:

Billy Blastoff

Forum Member
Jan 23, 2005
USA
No tweeking involved. get data from site, punch into my computer the numbers. Then I get a list of odds. Its fun to do,takes about 20 minutes I get the lines look for difference between 3 1/2 and 8 play against the swing points. A child can do it I was lucky to find the right data source (by accident :clap: )

Remember what i said you have a 50/50 chance on the Louisvill/marquette game and the bc/providence game. My advice is stay away.

AS far as temple is conserned my line is temple 6 point fav morning line 7 1/2 means no bet. SIMPLE

signalcaller

Forum Member
Mar 10, 2004
This system is the biggest FLUKE i have ever seen. There is no way this system works. Im sorry. 2 weeks from now you will have a losing record.

MARK MY WORDS!!

aubie

Registered
Forum Member
May 1, 2004
The heart of dixie
aunetwork.com
This is my strongest play of the day.

Temple -325 ML

Play On - Road favorites of -165 to -500 vs. the money line (TEMPLE) - a good team (+3.5 to +8 PPG diff.) against an average team (+/- 3.5 PPG diff.) after 15+ games, after allowing 60 points or less.
(38-3 since 1997.) (92.7%, +30 units. Rating = 4*)

The average money line posted in these games was: Team favored with a money line of: -220
The average score in these games was: Team 73.4, Opponent 63.5 (Average point differential = +9.9)

The situation's record this season is: (0-0, +0 units).
Over the last 3 seasons the situation's record is: (14-0, +14 units).
Over the last 5 seasons the situation's record is: (25-1, +22.8 units).

Play On - Favorites of -165 to -500 vs. the money line (TEMPLE) - an excellent defensive team (<=63 PPG) against a good defensive team (63-67 PPG) after 15+ games, after 2 straight wins by 10 points or more.
(56-4 since 1997.) (93.3%, +45 units. Rating = 3*)

The average money line posted in these games was: Team favored with a money line of: -297.9
The average score in these games was: Team 69.6, Opponent 59.7 (Average point differential = +9.8)

The situation's record this season is: (1-0, +1 units).
Over the last 3 seasons the situation's record is: (20-2, +15.6 units).

Play Against - Home underdogs of +145 to +350 vs. the money line (FORDHAM) - average 3PT shooting team (32-36.5%) against a poor 3PT shooting team (<=32%) after 15+ games.
(53-5 since 1997.) (91.4%, +40.4 units. Rating = 3*)

The average money line posted in these games was: Team favored with a money line of: -248.7
The average score in these games was: Team 73.4, Opponent 63.1 (Average point differential = +10.3)

The situation's record this season is: (1-0, +1 units).
Over the last 3 seasons the situation's record is: (9-2, +5.2 units).
Over the last 5 seasons the situation's record is: (27-5, +14.4 units).

I know its a narrow cover predicting a 9+ point Temple win, but...Temple trashed this team by 32 points this season. In addition, they have ownership of this team at home and away:

All games in this series since 1997
TEMPLE is 10-5 against the spread versus FORDHAM since 1997
TEMPLE is 15-0 straight up against FORDHAM since 1997
1 of 1 games in this series have gone OVER THE TOTAL since 1997
The average score in these games was TEMPLE 78, FORDHAM 62
The average spread in these games was TEMPLE favored by 13.3 points.
The average total in these games was 119.0 points.

Games over the last 3 seasons
TEMPLE is 4-1 against the spread versus FORDHAM over the last 3 seasons
TEMPLE is 5-0 straight up against FORDHAM over the last 3 seasons
1 of 1 games in this series have gone OVER THE TOTAL over the last 3 seasons
The average score in these games was TEMPLE 78, FORDHAM 56
The average spread in these games was TEMPLE favored by 13.8 points.
The average total in these games was 119.0 points.

All games played at FORDHAM since 1997
TEMPLE is 6-1 against the spread versus FORDHAM since 1997
TEMPLE is 7-0 straight up against FORDHAM since 1997
The average score in these games was TEMPLE 80, FORDHAM 66
The average spread in these games was TEMPLE favored by 10.1 points.

Games played at FORDHAM over the last 3 seasons.
TEMPLE is 2-0 against the spread versus FORDHAM over the last 3 seasons
TEMPLE is 2-0 straight up against FORDHAM over the last 3 seasons
The average score in these games was TEMPLE 78, FORDHAM 62
The average spread in these games was TEMPLE favored by 10.3 points.

As you can see by the above head-to-head analysis, these games aren't even close. Temple is playing staggering defense this season allowing just 60.7 ppg and a shooting % of 38.8. But...look at how well their defense plays against division foes: Their allowing a meager 48.7 ppg and a shooting % of a ultra low 32.1.

superbook

Forum Member
Jun 26, 2001
Saratoga Springs, NY
Stag -- BB's is a better system than yours because it generates more plays!!!! I'm not so wise, just been around here for a while...the blind followers can turn to bashers in a minute...just ask Raymond, Fletcher or any good capper who has been posting here for a couple of years and has gone through a cold streak...he posted he's quitting by the start of playoffs because the system becomes less successful...

Iminforabuck

Forum Member
Jan 9, 2003
Canton, Ohio
My local has closed shop on UNC Charlotte. Says books are taking it off the board everywhere. Anybody else see or hear this? I'm on the other 2

Iminforabuck

Forum Member
Jan 9, 2003
Canton, Ohio
signalcaller said:
This system is the biggest FLUKE i have ever seen. There is no way this system works. Im sorry. 2 weeks from now you will have a losing record.

MARK MY WORDS!!

Interesting call on a system and poster you know very little about. How about this, if he has a winning record after two weeks, you stop posting?

That would be an excellent way to mark your words, I think.

Give this guy a chance.

Last edited:

MadJack

Administrator
Staff member
Forum Admin
Super Moderators
Channel Owner
Jul 13, 1999
home
for those who may have forgotten.....

there's no fuking bashing permitted on the forums. if you can't post the next time you log in, you'll know why.

MadJack

Administrator
Staff member
Forum Admin
Super Moderators
Channel Owner
Jul 13, 1999
home
i've havent been having a pleasant day so sorry. i just wanted to make sure everybody still knows about the NO BASHING rule. i wasn't directing my post to any particular individual. i was talking to everybody before things got out of control.

Stag

Forum Member
Jan 22, 2001
this is still (in my opinion) the best free site on the net..............sports, entertainment, news, etc.....

Thanks for everything Jack, and I hope your day gets better! Who you like tonight?

vinnie

la vita ? buona
Forum Member
Sep 11, 2000
Here
just as long BTJ stays in the general forum things should be ok :mj09:

Stag

Forum Member
Jan 22, 2001
one more thing (in my opinion).............GREAT THREAD.............this is why I love this site.........great read...informational and educational....

Loverboy

Forum Member
Dec 1, 2000
Philadelphia
This system kinda reminds me of the one posted by djchad a while back for football. That was pretty profitable. Hope everyone turns a profit from this system as well. Good luck guys.

Billy Blastoff

Forum Member
Jan 23, 2005
USA
Just incase my picks got buried by people who would rather hope the system fails instead of just giving it a shot here is my originalpost from this morning
With all that said my picks for 1/26 (83-27)

Clemson +2 1/2 should have been +7 1/2
UNC Charlotte -13 1/2 should have been -8
Nebraska -4 should have been +2

Warning 2 lines way off dont bet games
Loiusville -17 1/2 should be -8
Providence -1 should be +8

when line are off by 8 or more the system is very erratic

Todays 3 picks are CLEMSON, CHARLOTTE, and NEBRASKA

Good luck with your picks however these are what my system came up with. Use if you want otherwise ignore :cursin:

gman2

Forum Member
Nov 12, 2002
billy:

i dont think anyone is rooting for you to fail. if they are, they shouldnt be gambling.

i wouldnt expect 77% winners (which is downright absurd) but its pretty obvious your handicapping acument will get the board some winners more often than lose.

best of luck

Jackanape

Forum Member
Keep it up, Billy!
You seem to have all the caveats already ingrained, and have said as much. I like your style, and your plays. But look out, if I start 'tailing you, you're bound to pick up some losers! LOL

--Seriously, though, I love a system that plays on the Vagas oddsmakers' mindset...there was a lull there for a few years, ubt the numbers are starting to regain their sharp edge again...they DO know something. That's what they do. I look forward to seeing your system work out for everyone!

Cheers!

Bet on MyBookie