:eek:

Ice Picks

Forum Member
Dec 26, 2000
Richmond, VA
Sunday Recap

Sunday Recap

Saturday 5-1

Sunday 1-1 - Sutherland should be given the moniker of "Bull Dog" - he gets ahold and wont let go...fantastic week of golf from someone we may never hear from again...:)

WHEELING

On more tid-bit on the "wheel" which has been discussed at some length in this thread. The odds on a parlay where both sides are [-110] are 13 to 5 or 14 to 5, depending on where your action is laid.

This is 2.6 to 1. You lay 100 to win 260 at 13 to 1 or 100 to win 280 at 14 to 5.

In this weeks match play event , you were getting players at much higher odds than that, so a winning parlay of 2 players would pay MORE than 13 or 14 to 5.

So, assuming you picked a winning golfer - lets use Faxon - for the first 1/2 of each wheeled bet - lets assume he is even [-110].

You then parlay Faxon with every other player in the field, knowing you will lose 1/2 of your bets.

For example, parlay Faxon and Player A in the first match, and Faxon and player B in the first match. A or B will lose, so you are out one unit. But you will WIN the 2nd parlay for a minimum of 2.6 units [at -110 odds] - but more than likely it will be much higher than 2.6 units. Naturally you would think that a reasonable number of lower seeds would upset higher seeds, as happened this week...

Thus, if you can be successful with the main pick, and have the guts to place 62 bets the first round, you will lose 32 units - there is no juice on parlays - but you will WIN 32 parlays, which by my calculations will far exceed the 32 units.

This opportunity does not arise very often, and I don't think it works in the normal type of "match" plays offered in a normal tournament.

I may try this at 5 Dimes or Olympic, where minimum bet is quite low, if the opportunity arises...

IP

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

bettingmad

Forum Member
Feb 27, 2001
Yorkshire, UK
www.bettingmad.com
Ice Picks,
You've got me there....

"The odds on a parlay where both sides are [-110] are 13 to 5 or 14 to 5, depending on where your action is laid."

One of us is on a different planet! By the very fact that there is "-" sign in front of both how can you get 13/5 & 14/5 which are odds against?? -110 = .9090909 (100/110)

So assuming you have a single 'wheel' (one banker with either winner of one other match) assuming your banker is even money... you have a parlay 'evens' and each player at 1.90909
whichever one wins you get 3.82 back which is less than just putting the 2 stake on the 'evens' banker.

Obviously in a bigger wheel if lots of underdogs win those parlays show a return better than just supporting the banker - but is definitely a mathematically unsound bet - if results go against you you can return less than just whacking it all on your banker.

Oh... and I asked you to stop talking about Faxon in this thread... any other player please!