Boxing 12/16 - 12/19

Quanah

Forum Member
Aug 24, 2009
Haven't seen any new lines. Hopefully and probably we'll get some today.

Any thoughts on Berto/Mos people? I think Berto is a little bit live. Saw him @+200. He doesn't possess the skills Mos has but he has youth and speed. When Berto chooses to box, he's not the easiest guy to deal with. After the fact now, but I think perhaps Margo was tailored made. Mos wasn't exactly lighting up the div prior to Margo. Mos was outboxed and out jabbed by Cotto. If Berto has the right game plan and doesn't get caught in a slugging match, he can pull this off.

Berto is definitely live. I think this fight will be tooth and nail. My first thought when I saw the match-up was that Mosley would win it, but there are certainly some variables here. Mosley is 38 and has been relatively inactive. How long can he rely on his speed? Margarito was an exceptional performance for him, but before that you are right...he had all he could handle against Mayorga (who did fight very well). Considering their performances against Collazo, Mosley again looks slightly better.

I think the main question is whether or not Mosley has slipped. Berto is improving, but I don't think he is quite ready for Mosley at his best.

Tough call...At this point, without much conviction, I will stick with my Mosley pick.

Fightwriter

Forum Member
Mar 9, 2008
Berto vs Mosley

Berto vs Mosley

Haven't seen any new lines. Hopefully and probably we'll get some today.

Any thoughts on Berto/Mos people? I think Berto is a little bit live. Saw him @+200. He doesn't possess the skills Mos has but he has youth and speed. When Berto chooses to box, he's not the easiest guy to deal with. After the fact now, but I think perhaps Margo was tailored made. Mos wasn't exactly lighting up the div prior to Margo. Mos was outboxed and out jabbed by Cotto. If Berto has the right game plan and doesn't get caught in a slugging match, he can pull this off.

I went with Berto in my Boxing Monthly preview, so no secret there. ... Berto's fast, and at the press conference in Las Vegas I liked Berto's body language, he seemed very confident when he was up close to Mosley in the face-to-face photo shoots, and I just think this could be a "right timing" type of fight. ... Mosley did beat Collazo comfortably whereas Berto struggled with the same guy, true, but Collazo had a great start against Shane, then hurt his left hand very early (torn ligaments) and Mosley took over.

Romi

Forum Member
Apr 6, 2007
The Lebedev-Ismailov card is underway in Russia
fightnews has early undercard results

Mormeck and Maddalone fight in a few hours

No odds that I have seen anywhere
:shrug:

I was really hoping for odds on Mormeck. I agree with Quanah that he won't be a force in the div... at all. But he should get by Maddalone easily, IMO.

Romi

Forum Member
Apr 6, 2007
I went with Berto in my Boxing Monthly preview, so no secret there. ... Berto's fast, and at the press conference in Las Vegas I liked Berto's body language, he seemed very confident when he was up close to Mosley in the face-to-face photo shoots, and I just think this could be a "right timing" type of fight. ... Mosley did beat Collazo comfortably whereas Berto struggled with the same guy, true, but Collazo had a great start against Shane, then hurt his left hand very early (torn ligaments) and Mosley took over.

Agreed Graham. Collazo was clearly damaged when they fought and I think Collazos boxing would have been a little trouble for Shane. Mayo fought him on even terms through 11 rds. Berto is probably faster than Shane @ this point. Obviously prime Mos wins but we're talking a 38 yr old version. I think it's going to come down to discipline. Berto has to box for all 12 and not get drawn into a fight. If he doesn't get stopped, I think Berto can win a 12 rder.

Quanah

Forum Member
Aug 24, 2009
Well, just for the record I like Ismailov to beat Lebedev. No huge amount, but I think I would've gotten some plus odds here. Lebedev getting too much credit for beating Macca. Ismailov not enough for 'loss' to V.Ramirez in Argentina. I saw that fight and had Ismailov winning 116-113. Dude is tough, 2 time olympian, and looks like a pit bull. Has an old-school upper body roll-away style, ala James Toney, that makes him very hard to hit cleanly. If Lebedev beats Ismailov he is for real. We'll see how it turns out.

Zerwas

Forum Member
Jul 19, 2007
I'm pretty sure that Mosley took what you call "prescribed medication".

He's now pretty long in the tooth and he didnt fight in a year, which isnt good either.

I dont like Berto all that much, but maybe he can box his way to w a decision win.

Romi

Forum Member
Apr 6, 2007
Well, just for the record I like Ismailov to beat Lebedev. No huge amount, but I think I would've gotten some plus odds here. Lebedev getting too much credit for beating Macca. Ismailov not enough for 'loss' to V.Ramirez in Argentina. I saw that fight and had Ismailov winning 116-113. Dude is tough, 2 time olympian, and looks like a pit bull. Has an old-school upper body roll-away style, ala James Toney, that makes him very hard to hit cleanly. If Lebedev beats Ismailov he is for real. We'll see how it turns out.

I had Ismailov +500 v Ramiraz. The guy can fight and I agree with your pick today.

Quanah

Forum Member
Aug 24, 2009
Well well well...lucky for me no odds from Russia. Boxrec is reporting Ismailov was RTD after 6.

RESULT: Lebedev KO6 over Ismailov

Quanah

Forum Member
Aug 24, 2009
Just read that the Ismailov fight was stopped due to a cut. I'm sure we'll get a report of the fight soon but.... a loss is a loss, and would have been for me...so I'm glad no odds.

weepaul

Forum Member
Sep 28, 2007
Could not agree more.

I don't think Shane will handle someone with equal speed these day's and Berto has now been through a "Baptisim By Fire" Hellish fight with Collazo.
He will be ready for a war.

:toast:

Kramden

Forum Member
Apr 8, 2008
Classy Mormeck should give up the heavyweight (Haye) quest. He should be sipping fine wine and enjoying France. Any top 20 guy beats Mormeck rather easily. Haye would do it much quicker this time, probably in under 3 rounds. Vinnie might as well continue to get paydays on the road as a B side fighter. He's a tough kid that can do rounds against many prospects.

Andrey

Forum Member
Aug 28, 2005
I like Alejandro Valdez over Nehomar Cermeno.
Odds are out, not much to chose from. Who do you guys like for this week?

LordoftheLunch

Forum Member
Apr 12, 2009
I like Alejandro Valdez over Nehomar Cermeno.
Odds are out, not much to chose from. Who do you guys like for this week?

For me it is all about double chances... I really have a lot of them...

Add. as there are some close fights... maybe small amounts a nice draw lines... for the rest... just waiting that all the "good" books offer more lines...

maybe small plays on dogs... depending on the lines.

Cheers
LotL

Ghost Kid

Registered
Forum Member
Jun 23, 2008
No Valero odds
oh well....was hoping to see an over-under
I think he can get rid of Valesquez faster than the Pac-Man did

and nothing on
Humberto Soto (49-7-2) vs. Jesus Chavez (44-6)
or Shobox

slim pickings

Kramden

Forum Member
Apr 8, 2008
lines

lines

Anyone seen lines on:

Valero vs. Velasquez
Soto vs. Chavez et al

If so, where?

gracias!

Ghost Kid

Registered
Forum Member
Jun 23, 2008
Anyone seen lines on:

Valero vs. Velasquez
Soto vs. Chavez et al

If so, where?

gracias!

We think alike !
Those were the 2 fights I was most interested in Kramden. I haven't seen lines anywhere, but I will keep looking for us.
:toast:

Ghost Kid

Registered
Forum Member
Jun 23, 2008
20091217chavez006a.jpg

Former world champion Jesus ?Matador? Chavez arrived today in Ciudad Obregon, Sonora, Mexico for his fight against current WBC super featherweight champion Humberto ?Zorrita? Soto this Saturday night in the CUM arena where local hero Alex Valdez will challenge Nehomar Cermeno for the WBA interim bantamweight crown. ?I have not fought in Mexico in nearly nine years and I?m looking forward to this fight because it?s so close to my home state of Chihuahua and friends and family will have a chance to see me fight live,? said Chavez.

Bet on MyBookie