Boxing 12/16 - 12/19

Ghost Kid

Registered
Forum Member
Jun 23, 2008
valero4.jpg

Spectacular WBC lightweight world champion Edwin Valero (25-0, 25 KOs) is set in his homeland for the first time in nearly four years when he takes on H?ctor Vel?zquez (51-13-2, 35 KOs) at the Polideportivo Jose Maria Vargas in La Guaira, Caracas, Venezuela. It will be Valero?s first defense of the WBC belt. There will also be two twelve-rounders in the super bantamweight division as Alexander Espinoza (9-2, 8 KOs) faces little known Breilor Ter?n for the Fecarbox belt and Oscar Chac?n (13-9, 11 KOs) meets Franklin Valera (17-4, 9 KOs) for a Latino belt.

matt19780

Forum Member
Sep 14, 2002
My picks for this weekend...

Hasegawa vs. Perez Under 7.5 -130 - Medium
Enormous step up in class for Perez. Hasagawa has a great 1-2 with a very significant power advantage. Also, Hasegawa will go for the ko if he has his man hurt and he gets in great position to deliever maximum leverage with those long arms. Perez will have no answer for Hasegawa's speed and precision punches and Perez will not answer the bell for the 5th or 6th round.

More to come...

punchmaster

Forum Member
Apr 22, 2007
Enormous step up in class for Perez. Hasagawa has a great 1-2 with a very significant power advantage. Also, Hasegawa will go for the ko if he has his man hurt and he gets in great position to deliever maximum leverage with those long arms. Perez will have no answer for Hasegawa's speed and precision punches and Perez will not answer the bell for the 5th or 6th round.

More to come...

Agreed- a pick you have to take a shot at. Like the fact that Perez was already iced by a southpaw and down 3 times against a very oridinary fighter. Hasegawa is exceptional. He's got a big time right hook to go with the 1-2 your speaking of. Also didn't mind seeing 4 of Perez's contest ending very early due to butts, etc. Good luck. What's with the books this week, why no line on Aoh-Viloria, etc. Both those guys have been bettable more than once.

matt19780

Forum Member
Sep 14, 2002

Ceasar Canchilla -240- Medium
Canchilla showed good combinations and decent body punching in his firstt title fight wtih Segura. The rematch he got in a shoot out and was overwhelmed, but the 10 seconds punching after the bell by Segura didn't help either. Canchilla's opponent is only 19 with little experience. Neither guys has faced very good opponents, but Canchilla has enough experience from those 2 title fights to know what he is fighting for and come away with the victory.

Vanes vs Willie Lee Under 5.5 -200 - Small
Freddie Roach does not allow Vanes to coast any more in fights like in the past with other trainers. Vanes constant pressure and decent power will have Lee's corner throwing in the towel by the 4th round. I would bet more but -200 is too steep.

Good Luck Guys! :00x2

Too bad there is no Soto vs Chavez or Valero vs Hector line. World and former world champs at the lower weight classes not getting enough respect to even put up a line??? :shrug:

Quanah

Forum Member
Aug 24, 2009
-Won just a little on the Hasegawa UNDER last night! :00hour Dude is a stud. He's got to start fighting the top guys at weight pronto. He probably makes enough in Japan to justify one routine defense after another, but you'd think he'd want to test his metal.

-Saw some lines on the Valero and Soto fights at Bet365, which won't help US players any.

Valero -5000
Soto -1000 No over/unders

Quanah

Forum Member
Aug 24, 2009
So, I really don't have much going this weekend... Still made some plays, but probably wouldn't have touched any of these on a bigger week. We'll see where the chips fall...

Canchila and Co. - medium Got him to about even by adding some of the long odd guys... Strange fight - Canchila from Columbia, Casimero an unknown and untested 19 year old from the Phillipines...and the fight is in Nicaragua :shrug: Not usually a good idea to wager for or against fighters I know little about, and Casimero falls into that category. From what I understand, he is considered to be a 'good', but not elite Phil prospects. Here is an article on him:

http://philboxing.com/news/story-30780.html

I do know Canchila though, and like him as a fighter. He is a solid top ten guy at the weight, and showed excellent skills in first Segura fight. In the second he got caught... Casamiero doesn't seem to hit that hard though, which should allow Canchila to get comfortable and do his thing. I think this fight comes a few fights too quick for Casa.

A.Valdez (+145) - medium The more I think about this fight, the more I like Valdez. I won with Cermeno twice over slippin Mijares, but other than those wins Cermeno has been very protected. Other than getting caught be Hasegawa (which is no shame), Valdez has consistently done well against good opposition. He is tall and awkward, and will show Cermeno some things he hasn't seen. Plus fight is in Mexico. Good spot here for Valdez.

Y.Sato (+200) - small Again, not much known about these guys. Both have the usual series of 77-76, 78-75, 77-77 MD wins in Japan :confused: Odds from Japan tend to waver alot based on recent performances. Kondo the current hype because of good last fight, but other than that had been struggling against mediocre comp. From what I can tell my guy - Kato has faced a slightly higher standard of opp. and fared well. At +2 I say Kato wins by scores of 97-96, 97-97, and 100-99.

Zbik UNDER 9.5 (+260) - small I like the odds, and I think the gulf in class here is so wide that Zbik stands a good chance of getting him out of there.

Good luck!!

Ghost Kid

Registered
Forum Member
Jun 23, 2008
What a pimp....this guy is a machine !

Hasegawa keeps title for 10th time

WBC bantam champ Hozumi Hasegawa (28-2, 12 KOs), 117.75, impressively scored his tenth defense as he exploded a vicous double left cross to Nicaraguan challenger Alvaro Perez (18-2-1-3NC, 12 KOs), 117, and dropped him face first prone to prompt the referee?s immediate halt at 2:38 of the fourth round on Friday in Kobe, Japan. Hasegawa, a couple of days after his twenty-ninth birthday, celebrated it with his tenth defense by his fifth stoppage in a row. Perez, 27, fought aggressively from the start, throwing big shots to the cautiously counterpunching champ. As the fight progressed, Hasegawa found his range and rhythm with stinging southpaw jabs and caught him with good lefts to the face. Perez, another southpaw, landed a solid left early in the second, but gradually yielded the initiative to the aggressive and more accurate champ. Hasegawa may renounce his 118-pound belt to move up to the 122-pound or 126-pound category afterwards.

http://www.fightnews.com/?p=33233#more-33233

Last edited:

Ghost Kid

Registered
Forum Member
Jun 23, 2008
unfortunately I didnt see a line on Hasegawa!

Congrats matt!

Congrats matt ! Good job !
That's the problem with a lot of the Thai and Japanese fights...they occur Thursdays and Fridays a lot of the time. So if the books are delaying the lines that week, your chances of getting a bet down on it are slim to none.

Hasegawa vs. Yohnny Perez would be something special....but I think I heard Has is moving up to 122.

Ghost Kid

Registered
Forum Member
Jun 23, 2008
Zbik_vs_Della_Rosa.jpg

20091218zbik010a.jpg

J?rgen Br?hmer 174.8 vs Dmitry Sukhotsky 172.6
(WBO world championship light heavyweight)
Sebastian Zbik 159.3 vs Emanuele Della Rosa 158
(WBC interim world championship middleweight)
Venue: Sport and Congress Center in Schwerin, Germany
Promoter: Universum Box Promotion
TV: ZDF (Germany)

Ghost Kid

Registered
Forum Member
Jun 23, 2008
Vidoz weighed in at a career high 255.7 for the Sosnowski fight today
Gotta love the Pole's chances even more now

Zerwas

Forum Member
Jul 19, 2007
Thats a weird angle on Zbik, I didnt recognize him at first.

Vidoz @255 lbs, I wonder why he took the fight at all if he comes in that heavey.

matt19780

Forum Member
Sep 14, 2002
unfortunately I didnt see a line on Hasegawa!

Congrats matt!

Thanks, yeah the fight was Friday early morning 12 to 1 AM EST, so the line was just up on thursday only. Pretty deceiving for a Friday fight.

Fightwriter

Forum Member
Mar 9, 2008
Canchila-Casimero: This is a strange one, taking place on a neutral site in Nicaragua. My first thought was that Canchila wins this, but I now discover Casimero is with Sampson Lewkowicz, the agent who has a strong Filipino connection.

Sampson seems to know what's what with the Filipino fighters and has a good eye for talent. He "discovered", if that's the right word, Donnie Nietes and Marvin Sonsona, he had Rey Bautista and he claims to have discovered Pacquiao many years ago. Sampson has hits and misses with his fighters but overall he has a good track record. The Filipino kid is unbeaten, and Canchila took some murderous shots from Segura, making me wonder if he will ever be quite the same. Sampson was planning to make the long flight to Nicaragua to be on site to support his guy.

I'm not trying to sway anyone's opinion here and certainly not casting doubt on the wisdom of making a play on Canchila; on paper, he's the better class of fighter, the more experienced guy and he should win. That's no doubt why Odessa made him the favourite. It makes sense that he is the favourite. Sometimes there is more to these fights than meets the eye, though. Maybe this is one of them, maybe not. We'll find out soon enough.

Bet on MyBookie