Boxing 12/16 - 12/19

Romi

Forum Member
Apr 6, 2007
I'm on Sos today -300. Not great odds but history shows that when a fighter quits once, it's easier to do the 2nd time. I used that logic betting against Freitas and it paid off when he quit a 2nd time...the 1st v Chico, the 2nd v Diaz. Sos is on an upswing and looking good as of late while Vidoz @38 is very long in the tooth. I never bet on emotion but it would be gratifying to see Sos make Vidoz quit again after he inexplicably quit v Skelton in a fight he was winning. The weight Vidoz came in makes it look like he wants a payday. We'll find out in a few hrs.

I also have the over on Barrera/Reveco -120 10 1/2 . Barerra has been stopped only once and it was due to a nasty cut. He's been in with good comp and he's pretty durable. Reveco has never been stopped and he has adequate pop but nothing to put fear into other fighters. Barring a cut, I think this goes the dst.

Considering some other plays. We'll see how these 2 play out. Good luck!

Congrats Matt and other Has under bettors! I missed the boat on that one.

Quanah

Forum Member
Aug 24, 2009
Canchila-Casimero: This is a strange one, taking place on a neutral site in Nicaragua. My first thought was that Canchila wins this, but I now discover Casimero is with Sampson Lewkowicz, the agent who has a strong Filipino connection.

Sampson seems to know what's what with the Filipino fighters and has a good eye for talent. He "discovered", if that's the right word, Donnie Nietes and Marvin Sonsona, he had Rey Bautista and he claims to have discovered Pacquiao many years ago. Sampson has hits and misses with his fighters but overall he has a good track record. The Filipino kid is unbeaten, and Canchila took some murderous shots from Segura, making me wonder if he will ever be quite the same. Sampson was planning to make the long flight to Nicaragua to be on site to support his guy.

I'm not trying to sway anyone's opinion here and certainly not casting doubt on the wisdom of making a play on Canchila; on paper, he's the better class of fighter, the more experienced guy and he should win. That's no doubt why Odessa made him the favourite. It makes sense that he is the favourite. Sometimes there is more to these fights than meets the eye, though. Maybe this is one of them, maybe not. We'll find out soon enough.

Yup, gotta agree with you. If Casamiero wins, I will be saying shoulda coulda woulda stayed away. Some strange uncertainty here. On a better week I would've stayed away. I'm wagering that form holds, and Canchila proves his contender worth here. He is a good fighter, and so will Casa have to be to beat him.

Ghost Kid

Registered
Forum Member
Jun 23, 2008
pavlik2.jpg

Kelly Pavlik 160 vs Miguel Espino 159
(WBC/WBO middleweight championship)
Vanes Martirosyan 153 vs Willie Lee 152.5
(NABF/NABO super welterweight championship)
Sam Peter 240 vs Gabe Brown 363
Matt Korobov 150 vs Ken Dunham 152
Mikey Garcia 126 vs Yogli Herrera 130
Venue: Beeghly Center, Youngstown, Ohio
Promoter: Top Rank
TV: PPV

http://www.fightnews.com/?p=33244#more-33244

Ghost Kid

Registered
Forum Member
Jun 23, 2008
Weights from Obregon

Nehomar Cermeno 118 vs Alejandro Valdez 118
(WBA Interim bantamweight championship)
Humberto Soto 137 vs Jesus Chavez 137
Hernan Marquez 112 vs Ricardo Armenta 112
Omar Chavez 144 vs Carlos Urrea 143
Venue: Arena Itson, Ciudad Obregon, Sonora, Mexico
Promoter: Top Rank and Promociones Zanfer
TV: PPV

The Brainiac

Forum Member
Mar 14, 2009
Biting at + 130 , dunno what betfair market is watching , I have Dilks leading 59-56

The Brainiac

Forum Member
Mar 14, 2009
To me this is a gift of the week , Adamu has zero plan , just swining wildly and looks gassed IMO

Ghost Kid

Registered
Forum Member
Jun 23, 2008
I am so jealous of those live lines at the Euro books
Adamu is out of this fight by my eyes
:shrug:

The Brainiac

Forum Member
Mar 14, 2009
Odds just started to move after 6th round where I had Dilks up 5-1 already :mj07:

Ghost Kid

Registered
Forum Member
Jun 23, 2008
How could it have been +140
unreal !
what moron set that line ?

Adamu has landed 8 percent of 400 thrown punches !
:mj07: :mj07: :mj07: :mj07: :mj07: :mj07: :mj07:

Andrey

Forum Member
Aug 28, 2005
Guys in Europe having it way too easy. Interesting why bookies in Europe offer those odds, they can lose a lot of money.
WHAT ?!?!?!!?!?!?!?!?!?!
That's it.....I'm moving to Europe
that is un - fucking - believable !!!!!!!!!!!!!

:scared :scared :scared :scared

Bet on MyBookie