Victoria's Secret
darchinyan seems to be at a really good price

he was down to -210

i thought he would be up to -450 by fight time

a lot of people like king kong

The Brainiac

Forum Member
Mar 14, 2009
Insane odds on Vic , I checked other guy's record and he has 17 out of his 26 wins against people who had no single win at the point they have fought :scared :mj07: :142smilie

Romi

Forum Member
Apr 6, 2007
Insane odds on Vic , I checked other guy's record and he has 17 out of his 26 wins against people who had no single win at the point they have fought :scared :mj07: :142smilie

You got to be careful with those. Boxrec isn't 100% accurate. A lot of times they simply don't have the complete record of foreign fighters. Just because boxrec doesnt list any wins it doesn't mean there werent any. Agbeko is true world class. Many good fighters come out of Ghana. Win or lose, this is no cake walk for Darch.

olddirtyfighter

Forum Member
Nov 14, 2008
Anybody taking Aydin?

I know the match is in Turkey but he looks a tad overpriced to me. I didn't watch his last fight but I remember you guys being disappointed in his performance.
Having said that I can't see him loosing in Turkey. I remember antics of Sam manager after the Sam-Vidoz fight when he lied on the canavas and was punching the table where a judge who scored the fight for Vidoz was sitting. And that was before they read the scores. Fight was declared a draw but after 1 month decision was overruled in Sam favor and he took vacant European title.

Zerwas

Forum Member
Jul 19, 2007
I think Aydin is overpriced, but of course it will be tough for Bonsu to win in Turkey.
So far my only bet for the weekend is Aydin WPTS +415 (bwin).
I know that Bonsu doesnt have the best chin, but IMO Aydins power is a bit overrated, he just recently said that his promoter wanted him to compete at welterweight, even though he probably could make lightweight.
Its not a big play, but the line seemed pretty good.
Anyways, I would be grateful for some more insight.

As for the German card, I guess both Spada and Gevor are tough matches for the favorites...but the question is, just how tough of a match they are...both fights seem likely to go all the way, so the decision might well be in the hands of the judges.
Universums contract with the ARD hasnt been renewed, which is very bad news for them, and they are now rather desperatey looking for another network...Sturm of course is their flagship and a loss this Saturday could indeed be very inconvenient for them, so Gevor probably needs a ko here. ;-)

Agbeko vs. Darchinyan is another tough call. I think a lot of good things have been mentionned here already. Agbeko looked subpar in his last fight, but I guess he can improve on that performance. Vic looked really sharp lately, but his chin is a little questionable and Agbeko can punch a bit himself...

:shrug:

The Brainiac

Forum Member
Mar 14, 2009
IMO it's waste of money betting against Zbik and Sturm . I know some have cashed the ticket betting against german located fighters like Dimitrenko and Kretschmann but both aren't really proven boxers and now we know they were overrated a lot . Sturm on the other hand has proven that he can hang with big boys , robbery vs Oscar DLH anyone ? Ghevor is tought but will it be enough ? He is very unlikely to win a decision over Sturm who should be able to outwork Ghevor , neither have huge power so it's going to decision unless something weird happens here . Abraham has beaten Ghevor and if Sturm is going to lose that would be a big slap in Sturm's and his management's face .

punchmaster

Forum Member
Apr 22, 2007
I think Aydin is overpriced, but of course it will be tough for Bonsu to win in Turkey.
So far my only bet for the weekend is Aydin WPTS +415 (bwin).
I know that Bonsu doesnt have the best chin, but IMO Aydins power is a bit overrated, he just recently said that his promoter wanted him to compete at welterweight, even though he probably could make lightweight.
Its not a big play, but the line seemed pretty good.
Anyways, I would be grateful for some more insight.
that seems a nice price for Aydin points. He seems to me a prideful, cocky guy that gutted out a deserved victory over dangerous right-hooking Ouali in his last bout. One concern about points win is Aydin is hot-headed, capable of losing it or doing something foolish like getting into a foul fest. He shoved referee Weeks pretty good in his last bout and could have easily gotten a point taken off. You can find some amateur suspensions in his background I believe. Got to love the location for Aydin as they should take care of him. Short arms, so he likes to get inside and wack the body... I don't know enough of Bonsu but I personally wouldn't go points only as I think there's a reasonable chance there will be some good contact. Find a nice parlay partner for Aydin.

Ghost Kid

Registered
Forum Member
Jun 23, 2008
The price is not great, but I can't imagine this Bobby Gunn guy going very long with Adamek

Enzo Mac (who I think is total trash) dusted him in 1 round
Gunn is talking tough, but I think Adamek ends this whenever he wants

It is being offered at UNDER 4.5 and 5.5 at different books
These unders are always dangerous when they are set so low
But the class difference here looks ENORMOUS

THE_THONG

Forum Member
May 2, 2008
Victoria's Secret
i was prolly a little hasty thinking Agbeko is a cakewalk due to his performance against William Gonzalez

i found out that fight had been postponed due to king kong injury, so no wonder he didnt look A-game

IMO it's waste of money betting against Zbik and Sturm .

well if you had castillejo it wasnt a waste but i dont know anyone who saw that coming

then you could have taken sturm in the rematch

from what i seen of zbik, he's looks a little stiff, he better have a good chin and be ready to go 12 hard rounds spada

whoever is betting on spada, smells something, the number on him has gone down from +325 to +270

Last edited:

Zerwas

Forum Member
Jul 19, 2007
... I don't know enough of Bonsu but I personally wouldn't go points only as I think there's a reasonable chance there will be some good contact.

thanks for the reply, punchmaster!

thats also my main concern.
But then again, you just never know how a fight works out and Aydins power is still a little unproven against top fighters (I'm not sure though if Bonsu has a top chin).

Fightwriter

Forum Member
Mar 9, 2008
Re "whoever is betting on spada, smells something" .....

This could just be someone taking a shot with the underdog at attractive odds, which actually makes sense in this sort of fight. Maybe I am missing something, but to me this looks almost an even fight, and while Zbik is the likely winner I would say that Spada is a live underdog.

Last edited:

Ghost Kid

Registered
Forum Member
Jun 23, 2008
agbekodarchinyan_medium.jpg

gardenweasel

el guapo
Forum Member
Jan 10, 2002
"the bunker"
2 questions...

1)why is the "big truck"/u.s.s. cunningham under 10.5+170?....

2)didn`t mike paschall give andre dirrell a fit for 4 rounds?...

Last edited:

Ghost Kid

Registered
Forum Member
Jun 23, 2008
2 questions...

1)why is the "big truck"/u.s.s. under 10.5+170?....

2)didn`t mike paschall give andre dirrell a fit for 4 rounds?...

Answers:

1) Exactly.

2) Yes. This is the guy. Tough white guy with a mohawk. Wanted to continue, but was spurting blood from a cut.

gardenweasel

el guapo
Forum Member
Jan 10, 2002
"the bunker"
Answers:

1) Exactly.

2) Yes. This is the guy. Tough white guy with a mohawk. Wanted to continue, but was spurting blood from a cut.

both braithwaite and cunningham are durable...but both have been in some wars....at that price,you can afford to take a small stab without getting hurt...

paschall is a local fighter...a tough guy with minimal power....but he`s a lefty...i figure if joey spina can hang with brinkley,maybe paschall can..it`s a 10`er...brinkley`s pulled some fights out of the fire late...not having that extra 2 rounds to lose makes the +280 worth another small look...

we`re talking dog plays here,so if it all goes south,i won`t feel too bad...

small...for shits and giggles...

matt19780

Forum Member
Sep 14, 2002
My Plays so Far...

My Plays so Far...

Jackson Osei Bonsu +280- Small
Aydin's power is overrated and he squares up too much and is too easy to hit. Jackson's power is for real and he showed it by rocking Baldomir quite a few times in his last win. Jackson lands harder and more frequently to get a late KO in Turkey.

Strum Vs. Gevor Over 11.5 -145- Medium
Strum boxes and moves his way to a unanimous decision. The knockout does not worry me as much as a possibly cut on Gevor, but I still like the over.

Antonio DeMarco -150- Large
DeMarco really impressed me in his last fight against Kid Diamond. He mixes up his speed and power combinations really well from the southpaw stance. Also, DeMarco has very good defense and he really wants to get a title shot in this WBC Lightweight Eliminator. Anges Adjaho has been fighting a lot of mid to low level fighters in 6-8 round fights. Anges looks like he is just happy to be there and not ready for the big time just yet.

Miranda Vs. Ortiz Under 8.5 -185- Medium
At 32 with 240 rounds of wear and tear, Erik Ortiz, is in the twilight of his career. Ortiz has never had a good chin and is 4 years past his prime which was at 108 lbs not 112lbs. Miranda's power is overrated, but it won't matter because he will still KO Ortiz with his tenacity and accumulation of damage. Miranda is still raw, he learned a lot in his last fight with Pong and is glad to get out of the intense Bangkok, Thailand heat and humidity.

Good Luck Guys!

Bet on MyBookie