Boxing 7/10 - 7/11

Ghost Kid

Registered
Forum Member
Jun 23, 2008
What heart from George
:mj07: :mj07: :mj07: :mj07: :mj07:

What a chump.....thanks for nothing Shaun.....

:mad: :mad:

The Brainiac

Forum Member
Mar 14, 2009
Last edited:

Fightwriter

Forum Member
Mar 9, 2008
The over looks a certainty

The over looks a certainty

Godfrey is boxing his way to a boring, safety-first decision. Round 7 is coming up.

Round 8 has just ended and Godfrey is doing the same thing, tapping Hawk with the Grant gloves and cuffing him around. Maybe this is one Native American not wanting to hurt an inexperienced spiritual brother ... it is like a friendly sparring session.

punchmaster

Forum Member
Apr 22, 2007
Godfrey is boxing his way to a boring, safety-first decision. Round 7 is coming up.

Apparently he's decided to work on his southpaw strance and experiment- as an under bettor, I'm absollutely disgusted with what I'm seeing....

Romi

Forum Member
Apr 6, 2007
The Giants game is MUCH more exciting...Sanchez throwing the no hit through 7 2/3!

Romi

Forum Member
Apr 6, 2007
The Giants game is MUCH more exciting...Sanchez throwing the no hit through 7 2/3!

Ahhh fck...he gave up the hit pretty much on cue as I sent that last post.

MY BAD...NO HIT still in play going into the 9th!!! Sorry to be off topic but I'm a Giants fan.

1 out and hit to the deepest part of center and it's caught!!!! 1 out to go

NO HITTTTTTTTTAAAAAAAA!!!!!!

:mj06: :mj06: :mj06:

Last edited:

Kramden

Forum Member
Apr 8, 2008
I thought Godfrey looked horrible. The ESPN crew was acting like Hawk was a taking a terrible beating. Sure he was out boxed but he is a very strong kid and he dropped Godfrey (uncredited) in the last round. Godfrey, after the 1st round, didn't land too cleanly. Hawk didn't throw or land as many but he actually landed the cleaner, harder shots when he did connect. I'd like to see how this would have gone with 2 more rounds. Godfrey did not look good in the last minute of that fight.

Kramden

Forum Member
Apr 8, 2008
Ahhh fck...he gave up the hit pretty much on cue as I sent that last post.

MY BAD...NO HIT still in play going into the 9th!!! Sorry to be off topic but I'm a Giants fan.

1 out and hit to the deepest part of center and it's caught!!!! 1 out to go

NO HITTTTTTTTTAAAAAAAA!!!!!!

:mj06: :mj06: :mj06:
He did it. Shit, Romi he was a team error away from a perfect game. He faced 28 batters. Unreal.

punchmaster

Forum Member
Apr 22, 2007
I thought Godfrey looked horrible. The ESPN crew was acting like Hawk was a taking a terrible beating. Sure he was out boxed but he is a very strong kid and he dropped Godfrey (uncredited) in the last round. Godfrey, after the 1st round, didn't land too cleanly. Hawk didn't throw or land as many but he actually landed the cleaner, harder shots when he did connect. I'd like to see how this would have gone with 2 more rounds. Godfrey did not look good in the last minute of that fight.

Good point, your right- Godfrey was sort of hanging on , looking to run the clock out, too bad Hawk waited until he last round to go for it.

When you look at a guy like Godfrey versus Ortiz- Maidana- Darchinayn types....night and day...

Kramden

Forum Member
Apr 8, 2008
Good point, your right- Godfrey was sort of hanging on , looking to run the clock out, too bad Hawk waited until he last round to go for it.

When you look at a guy like Godfrey versus Ortiz- Maidana- Darchinayn types....night and day...

Yeah, he looked excellent in some bouts but he was not sharp tonight. I didn't do an under play so I'm not upset in that regard but he did not want to engage this kid. Iit was funny his trainer John Scully actually seemed very apprehensive of this guy. Like if you make a mistake it will be your last. But maybe Scully was on to something. Godfrey didn't budge that kid and while Hawk was crude, he was throwing bricks from time to time. I think Hawk can improve with a real trainer.

Romi

Forum Member
Apr 6, 2007
He did it. Shit, Romi he was a team error away from a perfect game. He faced 28 batters. Unreal.

I run a restaurant in the Bay area and had the game on all night. I wasnt even aware at the time he had a perfect game going. The 3rd baseman must feel like shit but it was a tough grounder. Nice to finally see a no hitter here for the 1st time in 33 yrs! Congrats Jonathon Sanchez on a great great game
:toast: :toast: :toast:

Unfortunately I get complaints when I turn boxing on so it's generally baseball, hockey and basketball...unless I have bank on the fight and I just say fck the customers :142smilie

Romi

Forum Member
Apr 6, 2007
Anybody get a result on Brinkley? Not sure why that one is taking so long to get a result. No bet there but I nearly took Brinkley -310. Brink is C+ level but Pash doesn't look more than a club fighter.

LordoftheLunch

Forum Member
Apr 12, 2009
@Romi

Brinkley defeats Paschall!

Jesse Brinkley, 175, of Yerington, NV, won his eighth consecutive bout with a unanimous decision over Mike Paschall, 173, of Baltimore, MD at the Reno Events Center in Reno, Nevada. Fighting at 175 pounds, the heaviest he?s ever been for a bout, and with just four and a half weeks to prepare, Brinkley said he wasn?t in peak condition. Nevertheless, he saved his best work for last, dominating the 10th round on his way to earning the nod on all three scorecards.

Ghost Kid

Registered
Forum Member
Jun 23, 2008
WEIGHTS from JERSEY:
Tomasz Adamek 199 vs Bobby Gunn 194
(IBF cruiserweight championship)

WEIGHTS from MEXICO:
Crist?bal Cruz 125.2 vs Jorge Sol?s 125.8
(IBF featherweight championship)
Julio C?sar ?Pingo? Miranda 112 vs Eric Ortiz 112
(IBF flyweight eliminator)

Romi

Forum Member
Apr 6, 2007
@Romi

Brinkley defeats Paschall!

Jesse Brinkley, 175, of Yerington, NV, won his eighth consecutive bout with a unanimous decision over Mike Paschall, 173, of Baltimore, MD at the Reno Events Center in Reno, Nevada. Fighting at 175 pounds, the heaviest he?s ever been for a bout, and with just four and a half weeks to prepare, Brinkley said he wasn?t in peak condition. Nevertheless, he saved his best work for last, dominating the 10th round on his way to earning the nod on all three scorecards.

thx for the result!

Bet on MyBookie