Boxing 7/10 - 7/11

Romi

Forum Member
Apr 6, 2007
I have a bit on the Turkish fighter. The fight is in Turkey. He's fighting a guy that doesnt have a great chin. Bonsu has a lot of kos but not against the better comp he's fought. Quali was a good test for aydin but he came through some tough patches to get the W. I think Bonsu needs a ko and Aydin wont be denied against a b-c level fighter. I dont think Aydin is the goods but I do think he has more than enough to get by bonsu.

I like the under on Cunningham/Braite +205 10 1/2 rds. I think Braite is on his last legs. He hasn't fought in a while and was nearly ko'd by the Cuban. Mac beat him up for 12. He had a brutal fight with Mormeck and was prematurely stopped by Bell. I like Cunningham in about 6-7 rds.

I have a small play on The Ghanian over Darch. I think he's very live. There appears to be some genuine bad blood and these guys are coming to fight. Perhaps the value will ultimately be on the under here. Someone is going to go. Best of luck everybody!

tonymontana

Forum Member
Sep 27, 2005
i like spada. zbik is not made for the pro game and he has struggled against lesser fighter. i remember a parttime boxer from denmark Nasir was giving him major problems.
If Zbik wins is by close controversial dec, Spada can win on points but if he really pressures Zbik he will fold. I am hoping Spada inside.
Henry should not be plus 170 , i ll take it.

gardenweasel

el guapo
Forum Member
Jan 10, 2002
"the bunker"
?Jesse can stretch me out on the canvas Friday night, but if my kids love me, I?m still ahead in the game,? he said.

I admire that he's gotten his life straightened out and has his priorities in order but those don't appear to be the words of somebody planning on springing an upset.

agreed...not exactly what you want to hear out of what you hope is a live underdog.....

Zerwas

Forum Member
Jul 19, 2007
@tony
I agree, the line is much too wide and Zbik is really a bit unproven at this point.
Now I wish that I had watched more of Zbiks fights, but he is just soo boring. ;-)

Bonsu is currently +315 at 5dimes! I thought the line +260 was aleady inflated. I hate to do it, but after betting Aydin on points, I'm now also on Bonsu for a small amount.

Ghost Kid

Registered
Forum Member
Jun 23, 2008
QUOTES FROM TURKEY:

?I am a fighting machine?, said Aydin. ?I just walk through whatever gets in my way to the top. I don?t care who my opponent is, how he looks or what he has achieved in his life. When I hear the bell I am ready to destroy him to prove that I am the best fighter in the world.?

?I came to Istanbul to take back what should still be mine?, states Bonsu. ?The European championship has been robbed from me in Poland. Now I will bring it back home to Antwerp.?

Ghost Kid

Registered
Forum Member
Jun 23, 2008
WEIGHTS from GERMANY:

Felix Sturm 159.1 vs Khoren Gevor 159.6
(WBA world middleweight championship)
Sebastian Zbik 159.6 vs Domenico Spada 159.6
(WBC interim world middleweight championship)
Gennady Golovkin 159.6 vs 
John Anderson Carvalho 158.5

pics here:
http://www.fightnews.com/?p=16791

matt19780

Forum Member
Sep 14, 2002
Romi concinved me. Added one play.

Romi concinved me. Added one play.

I like the under on Cunningham/Braite +205 10 1/2 rds. I think Braite is on his last legs. He hasn't fought in a while and was nearly ko'd by the Cuban. Mac beat him up for 12. He had a brutal fight with Mormeck and was prematurely stopped by Bell. I like Cunningham in about 6-7 rds.

CunninghamVsBigTruckUnder10.5+170-Small
I agree with what Romi said.

Jackson Osei Bonsu +280- Small
Aydin's power is overrated and he squares up too much and is too easy to hit. Jackson's power is for real and he showed it by rocking Baldomir quite a few times in his last win. Jackson lands harder and more frequently to get a late KO in Turkey.

Strum Vs. Gevor Over 11.5 -145- Medium
Strum boxes and moves his way to a unanimous decision. The knockout does not worry me as much as a possibly cut on Gevor, but I still like the over.

Antonio DeMarco -150- Large
DeMarco really impressed me in his last fight against Kid Diamond. He mixes up his speed and power combinations really well from the southpaw stance. Also, DeMarco has very good defense and he really wants to get a title shot in this WBC Lightweight Eliminator. Anges Adjaho has been fighting a lot of mid to low level fighters in 6-8 round fights. Anges looks like he is just happy to be there and not ready for the big time just yet.

Miranda Vs. Ortiz Under 8.5 -185- Medium
At 32 with 240 rounds of wear and tear, Erik Ortiz, is in the twilight of his career. Ortiz has never had a good chin and is 4 years past his prime which was at 108 lbs not 112lbs. Miranda's power is overrated, but it won't matter because he will still KO Ortiz with his tenacity and accumulation of damage. Miranda is still raw, he learned a lot in his last fight with Pong and is glad to get out of the intense Bangkok, Thailand heat and humidity.

Good Luck Guys!

Ghost Kid

Registered
Forum Member
Jun 23, 2008
Not related to the odds this week, but you guys HAVE TO WATCH THIS

What a piece of shit Billy Dib is!!!!!!!!!!
:scared :scared :scared :scared

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Movx_5IcM2s

How bout that ref?
:mj07: :mj07: :mj07: :mj07: :mj07:

Disgusting stuff coming out of Australia....Billy Dib....what a prick.....

Ghost Kid

Registered
Forum Member
Jun 23, 2008
This needs its own thread...unbelievable.....fight happened yesterday in Australia....

F U Billy Dib......

Ghost Kid

Registered
Forum Member
Jun 23, 2008
My plays for Friday and Saturday:

STRAIGHT
George
Aydin
Gevor

PARLAY
Godfrey-Cunningham-Solis-Miranda

PROPS
Godfrey UNDER 9.5
Aydin UNDER 9.5
Cunningham UNDER 10.5
Adamek UNDER 4.5

Nothing yet for me on the Showtime main event, but if I win on George Friday, I will probably play Vic.

My analysis:

Henry is having a lot of personal problems right now. The fight with Mack was becoming hard to watch near the end - Henry was taking brain rattling shots. I like the confident, streaking George here. Shaun's chin is a concern, but there are just too many checks in the negative column here on Henry. He looked dreadful the last time out.

Aydin is fighting at home in Turkey. I think he rips through Bonsu. Many are down on the Turk after the Ouali fight, but I thought that was a hell of a fight. I don't think Bonsu (who has been down numerous times and hurt by Baldomir) can take the Turk's shots. I like Aydin within 9 rounds.

Taking a shot on Gevor, who is one tough out. Sturm has been fighting powder punchers. I think Felix has a battle on his hands here. I still question that beard.

Solis already beat Cruz by decision. Wide UD years ago in L.A. This time he will be in Mexico - with the same result. Wide UD.

Cunningham is going to shine under Nazeem Richardson, particularly against an ancient Brathwaite. Braithwaite was VERY lucky to beat Hernandez. He was down and almost out himself in that bout, and now hasn't fought in a year. I like Cunningham - mid rounds stoppage.

I think Adamek is going to punch Gunn 255 times in the first 2 rounds until the ref stops the fight.

Still thinking about Demarco-Adjaho.

I think Darchinyan-Agbeko is going to be one hell of a fight while it lasts. I imagine the UNDER 9.5 will hit, but I don't like it enough to play it. And I already got TOO MANY bets!

Good luck crew!
:toast:

Romi

Forum Member
Apr 6, 2007
Haskins couldnt swat a fly with those pitty pat shots. I'm rooting for the dog. I'm telling you if this kid would only believe in himself, he could get into this. Haskins looks like Billy Dib in there.

Romi

Forum Member
Apr 6, 2007
Haskins gets a stoppage against this scrub but he gets murdered @ world class.

Ghost Kid

Registered
Forum Member
Jun 23, 2008
WEIGHTS from FLORIDA:
IBF bantamweight champion Joseph King Kong Agbeko just weighed in at 116.5 and unified super flyweight king Vic ?The Raging Bull? Darchinyan scaled in at 117.5 for their clash Saturday night on SHOWTIME CHAMPIONSHIP BOXING (9PM ET/PT).

Other weights:
Antonio DeMarco 134.5 vs Anges Adjaho 135 (2nd try)
(WBC lightweight eliminator)
Steve Cunningham 195 vs Wayne Braithwaite 194.75
(IBF cruiserweight eliminator)
Ivan Kirpa 145.25 vs Miguel ?Miki? Rodriguez 146
(WBC welterweight eliminator)

Ghost Kid

Registered
Forum Member
Jun 23, 2008
AYDIN MAKES WEIGHT ON 2nd ATTEMPT:

At the official weigh-in right after the press conference, Aydin needed a second attempt and ten more minutes to make the limit of 147 lbs. At his first attempt he was at 147.5 lbs. ?Sugar? Jackson weighed in at 146 lbs.

Bet on MyBookie