Boxing; 9/13/2008; w/e plays

nj

Forum Member
Nov 11, 2007
hey Andrey, are you watching the card live? if so, where?

Andrey

Forum Member
Aug 28, 2005
Nope. I am in West Coast and it will start here only in 15 minutes. I used to live in Florida and saw all Telefutura live now, I have 3 hour delay.
hey Andrey, are you watching the card live? if so, where?

nj

Forum Member
Nov 11, 2007
OK thx. it looks like it might be streamed on tvandsportstreams

Romi

Forum Member
Apr 6, 2007
I got screwed on the No contest and then Landeros gets stopped for the 1st time in his career to lose the over play :shrug:...not a huge loss but pretty frustrating to lose.

Zerwas

Forum Member
Jul 19, 2007
i like them all, frank.

heres a prop i love: forrest/mora leader after 3 loses or draw +140. if i told you ahead of time you could get +140 odds on either guy, would you take it?

likely forrest ahead after 3 as he catches mora coming in and makes mora adjust, then mora finds his groove while forrest faded, leading to a mora win.

forrest after 3, leader after 3 loses.

Thats actually a great combo:

1. Forrest leads after 3 -120

2. Leader after 3 draws or losees +140

3. Mora wins -105

There are 4 possibilties:
a. If Mora is ahead and loses, you win 2.

b. If Mora is ahead after 3 and wins, you win 3.

c. If Mora is not ahead and doesnt win, you win 1.

d. If Mora is not ahead and wins, you win 1,2,3!
And thats actually not too unlikely, even though his weight has me a little concerned, Forrest looked pretty good too...

If you put 28.23% of your total stake on 1, 37.02% on 2, and 34.75 on 3, you will lose about 30% of your total stake (a,b,c), but you may win al props (d).

This combo worked perfectly for me in the second fight between Taylor and Pavlik.

Though I must say I liked that combo a lot better before the weigh-ins...

But, maybe its still a good way to buy back the money that I have on Mora!:shrug:

frank s.

Forum Member
Dec 11, 2004
My play is Campbell+200 as I feel Guzman has inserted his head up in his ass and is as dumb as a bag of hammers in not making weight. Nate will try to make an example of his stupidity.

nj

Forum Member
Nov 11, 2007
Wow nice breakdown Zerwas, I hadn't thought it through to that extent. I won't be adding the Mora play since I want some dough on Forrest anyway. After seeing Forrest back to his confident, smiling self at the weigh-in, and look good on the scales, I plan to back him. Im hoping to catch the ring-walk as well while the line is still on the board, but that's risky.

Best case is to end up with a scalp: play Forrest straight, and then after 3 end up with a +140 play on Mora or draw.

nj

Forum Member
Nov 11, 2007
Great call Oddessa, Bill Clancy will be a judge in the Cherry/Bradley fight, and will be the referee in the Campbell/Guzman fight.

crow

Forum Member
Jun 3, 2008
Guzman not making weight and not fighting for the titles is a headscratcher.

One possible outcome is Guzman will be weak and get stopped.

Another is Guzman will be stronger ( if he didn't reaaly try to make weight) and will pound Campbell, who might just quit in the latter rounds since he will remain champion no matter what.

I have a lot of small parlays with Casamayor not to be kd (1.4) and Bradley Cherry going 11.5 ( 1.5), added to draws and split dec for Guzma, Campbell, Mora.

Good luck to all.

Zerwas

Forum Member
Jul 19, 2007
I dont think Nate will quit no matter what, Guzman has not been a good puncher since he moved up from 122...maybe guzman thought that he could carry the extra weight quite comfortably and neednt pay attention to making weight, I'm sure he is in at least decent stape...but still...pretty strange...

Sonny Palermo

Forum Member
Sep 10, 1999
las vegas nv
I added JMM is knocked down or out +310 for a little extra TV fun, both guys can't just sit back and wait to counter, I'm thinking JMM may try to bring it, might get caught for a flash k-down,
not like it hasn't happened b4.

Oddessa - how the hell ya been been?
Hope all is well . . .

gardenweasel

el guapo
Forum Member
Jan 10, 2002
"the bunker"
mora/37 year old forrest is absolute garbage for a co-feature....

i pray that 37 year old forrest knocks out mora....this guy shouldn`t be within throwing distance of any championship....

Last edited:

nj

Forum Member
Nov 11, 2007
is harold lederman scoring this bout?

the streams i get are GBP commentators

please tell me harold is scoring this bout and has vernon ahead after 3!

gardenweasel

el guapo
Forum Member
Jan 10, 2002
"the bunker"
is harold lederman scoring this bout?

the streams i get are GBP commentators

please tell me harold is scoring this bout and has vernon ahead after 3!

if he doesn`t,he belongs in a home.....

mora is about 10 times more annoying than john ruiz....

he crouches...and goes like 2 minutes of a round without throwing a head shot...he jabs to the body and lunges in and throws some garbage in the clinch....

he`s really horrible......

this is what boxing has been relegated to...

this guy`s a champion?....in a pig`s eye...

nj

Forum Member
Nov 11, 2007
forrest acts loose and pleasnt at the weigh in and ring walk, puts out a great performance. the pattern continues.

is anyone watching the hbo ppv telecast, as in on tv not stream?

is is the hbo crew or golden boy crew? is lederman scoring this fight officially?

gardenweasel

el guapo
Forum Member
Jan 10, 2002
"the bunker"
i glanced over at the comments next to the stream......

what is there,like 900 million phillipinos on line at the same time?....lol

good lord....is there some button i can push to purge the system of these locusts?...

nj

Forum Member
Nov 11, 2007
lol nice. i used to be a fan of pacquiao, but his fans are absolutely unbearable, to the point where id rather he just retire.

shut-out for forrest. this is mexican weekend and gbp wants mora to win, fuk if forrest gets screwed....

nj

Forum Member
Nov 11, 2007
my boy!!!!!!! best win of the night for me.

i actually emailed vernon 2x on myspace to wish him luck. that must have beenb the deciding factor!

gardenweasel

el guapo
Forum Member
Jan 10, 2002
"the bunker"
congrats.n.j.....i couldn`t pull the trigger...

my head is spinning...."taong grasa"

"taong putik"

"taong tae"

"FIGHT PACMAN FORREST!"....

"I CAN TELL YOU WHERE TO GO GET PHILIPINAS WHORES FOR 20$"......

:banghead: ...i think i`ve gotten my first real glimpse of hell...

Bet on MyBookie