Boxing; 9/13/2008; w/e plays

nj

Forum Member
Nov 11, 2007
all of my lederman props have been refunded. what a waste of time that was.

nj

Forum Member
Nov 11, 2007
cant we all just agree to stop with the national anthems?

i mean, does anybody really care? just let the guys fight already.

Romi

Forum Member
Apr 6, 2007
I basically pushed on the week.

-lost the over on vasquez .
-got fcked out of a nice win on the mathysse under
-nice win on bradley
-nice win on the ortiz under
-small loss on mora

Congrats to the forrest and Marquez backers!!!

VERY frustrating to lose on yet another poor decision on the ref. I'm sure Graham will allude to it again this week as it has been a common occurance this summer.

frank s.

Forum Member
Dec 11, 2004
Why were the Lederman props refunded? I did'nt see the fights so I have no clue. Someone kindly reply to save me the trouble of calling 5Dimes.

weepaul

Forum Member
Sep 28, 2007
Why were the Lederman props refunded? I did'nt see the fights so I have no clue. Someone kindly reply to save me the trouble of calling 5Dimes.
It was Golden Boy's guys doing the commentary, not Lampley and the gang.

Sonny Palermo

Forum Member
Sep 10, 1999
las vegas nv
The announcing last night was atrocious,
the in-ring post fight interview with JMM made
Larry Merchant sound coherant and relevant.
GBP needs to purge 'em both, and bring in guys who can fog a mirror.

GW,
From a past column, on fans from the Phillipines, at Manny's site. They were going into details about JMM's death via brain hemmorhage, and celebrating it's effect on his wife, children and Mexico. So, naturally, I had to write about it. The attacks switched from JMM to me, and so I wrote a rebutal column, see below.

They LOVE me in the Phillipines!!!
by Sonny Palermo

This morning, I bathe in the warmth of love showered on me from an entire nation of people from a far away part of the global community - the Phillipines.

Life is good, for I am smelly, I am swine, I am a stinkin burrito!
I am.....Mexican???
I am.....MO GOB GOB???

From Pac Man's website:
"i read this article "Adventures in Pac Land - the difference between FANatics and LUNatics"
by Sonny Palermo about this forum.
its pretty good
tell me what you guys think about the article?
http://boxinginlasvegas.com/palermo_050704.htm
I'm conducting a poll? Pls. post your responses here. Thanks.
Q: Do you think Palermo actually has brains?
A: (Choose, multiple choice)
(a) No, he is totally brainless.
(b) A little bit, but it's retarded.
(c) Yes, he has average brains.
(d) Yes, he got quality brains.

jawo

SONNY PALERMO HAS NO BRAINS. HE IS A MEXICAN FANATIC CRITICIZING ORDINARY NON-WRITERS FOR THEIR INADEQUACIES TO REPLY.
JUST STICK TO YOUR OPINION MR. PALERMO AND DON'T CALL ANYBODY IDIOT UNLESS YOU ARE SURE YOU ARE NOT IDIOT ALSO.

kasoy
Strawweight
this article is biased crap written by a stinking burito ...he admit it ..he is biased... this friggin palermo is the pure idiot, MO GOB GOB, a wannabe mr know it all swine in the boxing land called mehiko LOL
ang hindi marunong lumingon sa pinang-galingan...ay masakit and leeg !

p_montero
Lightweight

alam mo ba ang sinasabi ni Palermo? Maaring totoo,
pero hindi dapat sabihin sa buong Mundo ang baho natin dito kung may nakita man siya! HE's trying to EMBARRASS YOU, ME,
ALL OF US FILIPINOS, and MOST OF ALL, THIS SITE!! SO I DONT WANNA HEAR THAT WORD "PRETTY GOOD" FROM YOU.
and If you think this is funny..ITS UP TO YOU!! maybe you're the real garbage!!

mardy j.c
Lightweight
I think that PALERMO guy is an ASSHOLE!!!! MANNYSDBEST!!!! The way you write, influence and put things into perspective JUST SHOW AND REVEAL YOURSELF THAT YOU ARE MORE THAN IGNORANT, BIAS AND INCOMPETENT. Manny in 3!

Well, allow me to retort:

#1 - YOU'RE WELCOME for the column. Knew you'd love it.

#2 - This is FAST becoming my favorite site. I love you guys, you crack me up. ('Palermo' is a Mexican name??!!)

#3 - I'm getting credit for things I didn't say. I won't waste my time trying to address them all so I'll hit on just a few; the points of the column were accurate:

A - There are more fans here than knowledgeable pundits

B- Anyone who wishes death on a fighter is an asshole

#4 - I root for/wager on a fighter based on his ability and my conviction as to his capability to win; that does not depend on skin color or nationality.
HERE IS AN ENTIRE FORUM OF PEOPLE ROOTING FOR A MAN BECAUSE OF HIS NATIONALITY YET THEY CALL ME BIASED???

Not even worth debating that one. As the column said, my time would be better spent discussing the merits of a 1961 Petrus Bordeaux blend with the homeless......

None of my decision on who to bet will be based on what I've seen here. There just isn't a lot of intelligent analysis, there is much more hype and hope, based on race. If Manny wins it will be because he is the better fighter, NOT because he is your fellow Filipino, which is the reason he is touted here. Nothing wrong with that, it's just that it does not lend itself to intelligent analysis.

Like a man because of who is, not where he is from, not race or religion.
To love a man based on skin color is the same as to hate a man because of it. And that is called prejudice.

"MO GOB GOB" right back at ya!

Last edited:

frank s.

Forum Member
Dec 11, 2004
Good thing Guzman did'nt fight as I probably would have lost that one too!

gardenweasel

el guapo
Forum Member
Jan 10, 2002
"the bunker"
The announcing last night was atrocious,
the in-ring post fight interview with JMM made
Larry Merchant sound coherant and relevant.
GBP needs to purge 'em both, and bring in guys who can fog a mirror.

GW,
From a past column, on fans from the Phillipines, at Manny's site. They were going into details about JMM's death via brain hemmorhage, and celebrating it's effect on his wife, children and Mexico. So, naturally, I had to write about it. The attacks switched from JMM to me, and so I wrote a rebutal column, see below.

They LOVE me in the Phillipines!!!
by Sonny Palermo

This morning, I bathe in the warmth of love showered on me from an entire nation of people from a far away part of the global community - the Phillipines.

Life is good, for I am smelly, I am swine, I am a stinkin burrito!
I am.....Mexican???
I am.....MO GOB GOB???

From Pac Man's website:
"i read this article "Adventures in Pac Land - the difference between FANatics and LUNatics"
by Sonny Palermo about this forum.
its pretty good
tell me what you guys think about the article?
http://boxinginlasvegas.com/palermo_050704.htm
I'm conducting a poll? Pls. post your responses here. Thanks.
Q: Do you think Palermo actually has brains?
A: (Choose, multiple choice)
(a) No, he is totally brainless.
(b) A little bit, but it's retarded.
(c) Yes, he has average brains.
(d) Yes, he got quality brains.

jawo

SONNY PALERMO HAS NO BRAINS. HE IS A MEXICAN FANATIC CRITICIZING ORDINARY NON-WRITERS FOR THEIR INADEQUACIES TO REPLY.
JUST STICK TO YOUR OPINION MR. PALERMO AND DON'T CALL ANYBODY IDIOT UNLESS YOU ARE SURE YOU ARE NOT IDIOT ALSO.

kasoy
Strawweight
this article is biased crap written by a stinking burito ...he admit it ..he is biased... this friggin palermo is the pure idiot, MO GOB GOB, a wannabe mr know it all swine in the boxing land called mehiko LOL
ang hindi marunong lumingon sa pinang-galingan...ay masakit and leeg !

p_montero
Lightweight

alam mo ba ang sinasabi ni Palermo? Maaring totoo,
pero hindi dapat sabihin sa buong Mundo ang baho natin dito kung may nakita man siya! HE's trying to EMBARRASS YOU, ME,
ALL OF US FILIPINOS, and MOST OF ALL, THIS SITE!! SO I DONT WANNA HEAR THAT WORD "PRETTY GOOD" FROM YOU.
and If you think this is funny..ITS UP TO YOU!! maybe you're the real garbage!!

mardy j.c
Lightweight
I think that PALERMO guy is an ASSHOLE!!!! MANNYSDBEST!!!! The way you write, influence and put things into perspective JUST SHOW AND REVEAL YOURSELF THAT YOU ARE MORE THAN IGNORANT, BIAS AND INCOMPETENT. Manny in 3!

Well, allow me to retort:

#1 - YOU'RE WELCOME for the column. Knew you'd love it.

#2 - This is FAST becoming my favorite site. I love you guys, you crack me up. ('Palermo' is a Mexican name??!!)

#3 - I'm getting credit for things I didn't say. I won't waste my time trying to address them all so I'll hit on just a few; the points of the column were accurate:

A - There are more fans here than knowledgeable pundits

B- Anyone who wishes death on a fighter is an asshole

#4 - I root for/wager on a fighter based on his ability and my conviction as to his capability to win; that does not depend on skin color or nationality.
HERE IS AN ENTIRE FORUM OF PEOPLE ROOTING FOR A MAN BECAUSE OF HIS NATIONALITY YET THEY CALL ME BIASED???

Not even worth debating that one. As the column said, my time would be better spent discussing the merits of a 1961 Petrus Bordeaux blend with the homeless......

None of my decision on who to bet will be based on what I've seen here. There just isn't a lot of intelligent analysis, there is much more hype and hope, based on race. If Manny wins it will be because he is the better fighter, NOT because he is your fellow Filipino, which is the reason he is touted here. Nothing wrong with that, it's just that it does not lend itself to intelligent analysis.

Like a man because of who is, not where he is from, not race or religion.
To love a man based on skin color is the same as to hate a man because of it. And that is called prejudice.

"MO GOB GOB" right back at ya!

:lol: ....from what i`ve seen on some websites,this philipinno wackiness is not fun......they crap all over everything....

initially,i thought they seemed cute....obviously,they are only cute to someone who has never had to deal with them en masse......

i wouldn`t worry much about them humping your leg,.heres hoping there haven`t been any fatwahs declared on your ass.....

you don`t want to be on their "i keeeel you" list...

Sonny Palermo

Forum Member
Sep 10, 1999
las vegas nv
Unfortunately, according to my literary agent the Fatwah wheels are already in motion due to the following excerpt:

When Haseem was seventeen years old, his father got him enrolled in ?Junior Jihaders,? the finest Terrorist Pre-School in the land. At Junior Jihaders, students spent time in religious studies, identifying the enemy around the globe, and training to kill him; and themselves.

Hasi never really fit in. His first real trouble came in his opening semester, after he learned tradition declared that martyrs could guarantee a place in Paradise for seventy people of their choice. It was written: ?And he, the martyr, shall gain seventy virgins. Also shall he name seventy family members and friends, and they shall bypass Judgement Day and join him in Paradise.?

Haseem questioned his teacher. ?OK, let me see if I have this right. There are two ways I can get into Paradise. I can accept a suicide mission, after which I?ll gain Paradise for eternity AND get seventy virgins, or, I can get someone to put me on their list and I don?t have to kill myself, but ? no virgins. Do you have any plan by which I don't have to blow myself up, but still gain Paradise, and get the virgins??
His teacher rapped Haseem?s knuckles with his camel hair fly swatter.

In his second semester at Junior Jihaders, the school began lessons in identifying the enemy. To instill hatred of the U.S., the teachers forced students to endure twenty-four hour ?Happy Days? marathons, thus ensuring they would want to kill any American on sight, especially redheaded ones.

Things did not improve for Haseem in the third semester. He learned that suicide bombers spend the final days before their mission putting together their list of seventy friends and family members chosen for Paradise. Haseem had not yet been designated for suicide assignment, but that didn?t stop him from taking out an ad in the ?Taliban Tattler? that said:

For Sale or Trade
Seventy spots in Paradise! Guaranteed!
Like to trade virginity for eternity?
Seventeen-year old, brown male, non-smoker, martyr-to-be, seeks women to give him a little Heaven on Earth for one night, in exchange for Heaven in Paradise for eternity.
Call Hasi, 702-732-1480 (preferably soon). No reasonable offer refused.
Virgins preferred, but willing to talk trade on slightly used.

When his instructors found out about it they explained that the seventy spots in Paradise were not for sale or barter, and as punishment assigned him to two weeks duty in the camel pen, shoveling shit.

The end of his schooling came later that semester, when Hasi accidentally blew off the three middle fingers of his right hand in ?Plastic Explosives 101,? because he was too busy daydreaming about next period?s scheduled lesson in Humanities Class: ?Seventy Virgins. How to Get To Them and What To Do With Them When You Get There.?

His teachers were angrier about the loss of lab equipment than about his lost fingers. They expelled him, but not before cutting off the three middle fingers on his left hand, not so much as punishment, but as a reminder of the importance of attention to detail. Hence, Hasi Abu was left with only pinkies and thumbs. Little terrorist children made fun of him, calling him, ?Has-he-a-boo-boo?? to his face, while referring to him as ?His Nubs,? behind his back. For kicks, they liked to flash him the ?peace sign? and the ?OK? sign, which, of course, he could not return.

HurricaneEddy

Forum Member
Nov 16, 2007
Unfortunately, according to my literary agent the Fatwah wheels are already in motion due to the following excerpt:

When Haseem was seventeen years old, his father got him enrolled in ?Junior Jihaders,? the finest Terrorist Pre-School in the land. At Junior Jihaders, students spent time in religious studies, identifying the enemy around the globe, and training to kill him; and themselves.

Hasi never really fit in. His first real trouble came in his opening semester, after he learned tradition declared that martyrs could guarantee a place in Paradise for seventy people of their choice. It was written: ?And he, the martyr, shall gain seventy virgins. Also shall he name seventy family members and friends, and they shall bypass Judgement Day and join him in Paradise.?

Haseem questioned his teacher. ?OK, let me see if I have this right. There are two ways I can get into Paradise. I can accept a suicide mission, after which I?ll gain Paradise for eternity AND get seventy virgins, or, I can get someone to put me on their list and I don?t have to kill myself, but ? no virgins. Do you have any plan by which I don't have to blow myself up, but still gain Paradise, and get the virgins??
His teacher rapped Haseem?s knuckles with his camel hair fly swatter.

In his second semester at Junior Jihaders, the school began lessons in identifying the enemy. To instill hatred of the U.S., the teachers forced students to endure twenty-four hour ?Happy Days? marathons, thus ensuring they would want to kill any American on sight, especially redheaded ones.

Things did not improve for Haseem in the third semester. He learned that suicide bombers spend the final days before their mission putting together their list of seventy friends and family members chosen for Paradise. Haseem had not yet been designated for suicide assignment, but that didn?t stop him from taking out an ad in the ?Taliban Tattler? that said:

For Sale or Trade
Seventy spots in Paradise! Guaranteed!
Like to trade virginity for eternity?
Seventeen-year old, brown male, non-smoker, martyr-to-be, seeks women to give him a little Heaven on Earth for one night, in exchange for Heaven in Paradise for eternity.
Call Hasi, 702-732-1480 (preferably soon). No reasonable offer refused.
Virgins preferred, but willing to talk trade on slightly used.

When his instructors found out about it they explained that the seventy spots in Paradise were not for sale or barter, and as punishment assigned him to two weeks duty in the camel pen, shoveling shit.

The end of his schooling came later that semester, when Hasi accidentally blew off the three middle fingers of his right hand in ?Plastic Explosives 101,? because he was too busy daydreaming about next period?s scheduled lesson in Humanities Class: ?Seventy Virgins. How to Get To Them and What To Do With Them When You Get There.?

His teachers were angrier about the loss of lab equipment than about his lost fingers. They expelled him, but not before cutting off the three middle fingers on his left hand, not so much as punishment, but as a reminder of the importance of attention to detail. Hence, Hasi Abu was left with only pinkies and thumbs. Little terrorist children made fun of him, calling him, ?Has-he-a-boo-boo?? to his face, while referring to him as ?His Nubs,? behind his back. For kicks, they liked to flash him the ?peace sign? and the ?OK? sign, which, of course, he could not return.

What does any of this have to do with the weekend's boxing matches? Move this crap and go try your stand-up schlock in the general forum.....

Bet on MyBookie