College Hoops 2020

RBD

Registered
Forum Member
Jul 23, 2020
Mike and Mob, thanks for stopping by, like I said, good to know I'm not talkin' to myself (at least not all the time.)

I had no plays yesterday, felt like taking a day off.
MP went 1-2.
NP? could have played the whole board again and come out with a profit at 8-6. I probably would have dropped the unit on a day if I played, as I lean towards unders and they were 2-4. But I also lean towards the 10 or > and they were 4-2.

Today . . .

MP has Ov in E Tenn St, Saint Mary's CA, Un in Fla St, Cal Fullerton

NP has Ov in S Car, Montana St, Wagner, Incarnate, Lamar, Ark St, SE Louisiana, St Mary's CA, Pepperdine

Un in Sacred Heart, Weber St, Purdue, Georgia, Virginia, Cal Irvine, St Johns, UNLV

Update: Sacred Heart line dropped, no play. Damn it, I like that one at 154, but now 153' so it no longer qualifies.

10 or > Fla St, East Tennessee State, Saint Mary's, South Carolina, Montana State, Alabama, Wagner, Virginia, Incarnate, Lamar.

13 or > Cal Full, Ark St, St John's

CORRECTION: MP, St Mary's is an Over, and Cal State Fullerton added as an Un.

Buys:
Fla St/N Dame Un 153
Seton Hall/St John's Un 154

Last edited:
MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

RBD

Registered
Forum Member
Jul 23, 2020
Thanks Lowell, good luck to you today too.

Got these added buys posted 5 minutes before tip-off, sorry it was late.

Buys:
Fla St/N Dame Un 153 L
Seton Hall/St John's Un 154
Wagner Ov 122'
Alabama Under 161
Purdue Under 134'

Last edited:

RBD

Registered
Forum Member
Jul 23, 2020
Mobb,
Sorry, I just saw your post.
I had no opinion on the Duke game, if you ever have a game you want my opinion on ask me early in the day and I'll run my numbers on it to see what I come up with, and let you know if I have a strong lean or not.
Good luck on whichever side or total you took.

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

Mobb Deep

Registered
Forum Member
Mar 30, 2017
Mobb,
Sorry, I just saw your post.
I had no opinion on the Duke game, if you ever have a game you want my opinion on ask me early in the day and I'll run my numbers on it to see what I come up with, and let you know if I have a strong lean or not.
Good luck on whichever side or total you took.

Thoughts on Belmont/Morehead St? I?m leaning over

RBD

Registered
Forum Member
Jul 23, 2020
Mobb,
Sorry, missed it again. Hit me with another if you have one today. I'll be out for about an hour this morning but should be home after that and able to check the forum throughout the day.

Joe C,
Thanks. Nothing fancy at 3-2, just slowly grinding out of profit, which is exactly what I aim for.

Recap: 3-2 yesterday.
Record: 74-58.

Posted plays went 8-7, meaning again I could have bet every game on the board to grind out a small profit. The same could be said for every day this week, Monday through Saturday, bet them all, grind out a small profit. Hope to do it one more time today and close the week strong.

I'm dropping the Main Play. I have to free up some time and it's only hitting around .500. Riding the new play from now to the end of the tournaments.

Today . . .

Ov in Liberty, Elon, Baylor.

Un in Mich, E Tenn St, Drexel.

10 or > in Elon and E Tenn St.

Back with buys after I check some records.

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

RBD

Registered
Forum Member
Jul 23, 2020
Liberty's a winner, Elon's looking good, hope I'm not jumping on late but as long as the NP looks to be winning again today I'm going to take the next one.
I may take the next one after that also, Michigan Under, will add an update in this post if I do.

Update: Adding the next game.

Buys:

Tex Tech/Baylor over 137
Mich/Mich St Un 138

Last edited:

RBD

Registered
Forum Member
Jul 23, 2020
Recap: A solid close to the regular season, 2-0 yesterday.
Baylor sailed Over, Mich St Un looked good all game then got tight at the end, but squeaked out a winner by 4 pts. I was 14-7 last week, hitting my top goal of 67%.

Record: 76-58.
And that's where the reg seasons.
Victory.
A $100 bettor gets a lot of action and fun, and nets a little profit of $1,220.00.
And hopefully learns a little about handicapping and money management along the way.
Basketball is not my sport, I like it more than NBA but that's not saying much. ANY season that ends in the + side is a solid effort.

NP went 4-2 yesterday.
Every day last week anyone could have played every game, every day, and banked a profit.

Now, on to the post season.
I'll keep a separate record, starting at 0-0, and try to not give back any gain made during the reg season.

Today . . .

NP has Ov in Mercer, Oakland, Drexel.

No Unders.
Oak and Drexel are 10 or >.

Drexel was a play yesterday, Under, and it lost. Based on that, I don't think I have a good read on this team so no buy for me.

I said I was done 'capping the Main Play but had a little extra time this morning, so, one game fits - Mercer Over (diff of 14) same as NP. They both had St Mary's CA Ov 123 on Saturday and the game didn't break 100 pts. so I don't trust my #'s there, either.

I was thinking the right thing to do is take the day off, but then I checked records.
Tournament play is a different animal than the regular season but I checked the regular season records anyway and see Oak is 1-0 in this spot, N Kentucky 3-1. That's a combined 4-1. I'd like to buy it but the line is down at most houses, a few have 148. I'll look into why the line is down and update if I buy it.

Update: Line move, Milw/Cleve St qualifies as a NP Un at 141 or >

Good luck to all the Mad Jackers this post season . . .

Last edited:

Mobb Deep

Registered
Forum Member
Mar 30, 2017
Let?s Go

Let?s Go

RBD,

If basketball is not your sport I can?t tell. You mapped out some game I wouldn?t have bet and they turned out to be winners. What is your sport of choice? I?ll continue to ride with you. March Madess here we come 🏀🏀

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

RBD

Registered
Forum Member
Jul 23, 2020
Mobb,

College football and boxing are the only sports I make investment buys in, not just small $ action/fun wagers. I was 38-29 in college football reg season here last year, gave some back in the bowls (which is unusual because normally, with an entire season of date to use, I do well in the post season.)
I shared a situational play on the Under that went 23-4, posted.

FCS I'm 6-2 this weird, spring season, 1-0 posted here.

I also have one NFL system play I use that gets investment size wagers, pops up about 4-5 times a year.
It was 4-2 posted here last season. I beat NFL, was 16-8, 67%, early December (67% is what I call "The Grail", the level of excellence I strive for) and finished 23-15. Gave a few back in playoffs there, too.

MLB I was 5-2, I only have one situational play I use, I check for it every day but it doesn't come up too often (it was 4-1 here last year.)
I can't watch MLB at all.
The sport I loved as a kid lost me as an adult.

RBD

Registered
Forum Member
Jul 23, 2020
CORRECTION - Yesterday I was looking at my logbook to see when was the last time the NP had a losing day when I spotted mistakes on recorded plays.
On each page, I list that day's games in a vertical column on the left side of the page. On Feb 26 I recorded it as a 5-5 day, but . . . short on space in the column on the left, I marked down three games on the right hand side of the page and missed them when adding up the daily total. Those plays went 1-2, Ov 1-1, Un 0-1.

After correcting the record for Fri Feb 26, I went to correct the record for each of the following days to factor in the Friday error when I noticed I totally by-passed Sat Feb 27 - it was not included in my Sunday record update. Sat Feb 27 the NP went 5-0, Ov 1-0, Un 4-0, so the record took a hit on the Friday correction but picked up wins for Saturday. And Sunday 3/7 the BP went 4-2 but I logged it as 2-2.

I do a lot of work with numbers, there's bound to be errors. But like I say all the time - I use these #'s to base my buys on so if they're not accurate I'm only screwing myself. I need accuracy.
If anyone ever sees an error please point it out to me so I can make corrections. Thank you.

I couldn't pull the trigger on the Oak Ov yesterday, and good thing I didn't, it stayed Un by 20 pts.

Tournament records:
MP: 0-1, Ov 0-1
NP: 2-2, Ov 1-2, Un 1-0. 10 or > is 1-1, Ov 0-1, Un 1-0

My record: 0-0

Today . . .

MP has Ov in Bryant (13')

CORRECTION - forgot to add "NP" as in NP has Un in McNeese, Long Beach (12), BYU.

> 10 in Long Beach.

Update: Line move, BC/Duke game qualifies as a NP Un at 152 or >.

Update #2: Tracking purposes only, trying something for tournaments, sides only (yes, sides):
Duke -13, SE La +1', Mt St Mary's +6', Drexel -3', ND -8, Cleve St -2', Rice -4, Incarnate W +2', 'Zaga - 14.
Cleve St strongest of the bunch, followed by 'Zaga and SE La.

Update #3: Ahh, what the hell, let's have some fun. Added buys. (Yes, sides! First of the year I think.)

Buys:

Long Beach/Northridge Un 153
Cleve St -2,
'Zaga -14

Last edited:

RBD

Registered
Forum Member
Jul 23, 2020
Recap: 2-1, hit the Un with Long Beach, hit my first play on a side with Cleve St, lost with Gonzaga -14 because they got off to a slow start in the first half and only won by 10.

Tournament Record: 2-1

Okay, by a show of hands, last night, who said, "The guy has been pretty good with totals, I'm going to take a chance and play his sides today."
C'mon, don't be shy, let's see those hands.
What? No one??!!
Oh ye of little faith . . .

Sides system went 6-3, 67%.
Of the three top plays I pointed out, Cleve St and SE La won easily, only 'Zaga lost, so 2-1 there, 67%.

I only went 1-1 with the ones I posted as buys, but unlike you, I said, "What the hell, let's have some fun and buy 'em." I had all of them for small $ in my pocket, except for Duke (missed tip off by 5 minutes) and Drexel (not sure why I missed that one, thought I bought it but no record of it in my account.)

As punishment for being non-believers I'm not posting them today.
Just kidding, of course, I'll post them again, but I won't buy them all again, too new, not enough data to know if yesterday was a fluke or not. But won't it be nice if it turns out to be a steady earner . . .

MP went 1-0 yesterday, winning with Mercer Ov, 1-1 now.

NP went 3-1, all Unders. 5-3 now, Ov 1-2, Un 4-1.
Not a lot of data, but I think Unders can be played with confidence, seems to be the norm with my 'capping.
NP 10 or > is 2-1, Ov 0-1, Un 2-0.

Today . . .

MP has N Az Ov

NP has Ov in N Col, Clemson, Marquette, TCU, Fairfield

Un in Wyoming, Army, N Car, Miss Valley St

Already missed out on N Col, I saw the early start, checked MO and NP, saw it fit NP, got tied up on a phone call before I could post. On a good pace for an Over, looks like a missed opportunity.

10 or > in Wyoming, TCU

Some of these spots barely qualify and I might remove them before game time based on line moves.
I'll update as often as possible.

Update #1: Sides Syr -3, N Az +6', Clem -8', Marq -3', Wash St +1, A Force +12, Butler + 6, S East La +5', N West -1, TCU -3', N Mex +8', Vandy -1, Prov -7, Lamar -5', UTEP -4, Stanford -6', N Tex -16

Okay, that's a lot of plays, too many? We'll have a better idea if this play is of any value after today. I may have to tweak the numbers a little so it doesn't kick out so many spots.

Strongest play is Clem, followed by S East La.

Buys:

San Jose St/Wyoming Un 150'

Last edited:

DBmeister

Forum Member
Dec 16, 2005
good job on totals

good job on totals

RDB, yes i will show my hand, thanks for your hard work and keep posting winners. Will ride a few today:toast::toast::toast:

RBD

Registered
Forum Member
Jul 23, 2020
DB,
Thanks for letting me know.
It was fun yesterday, but not enough data to know if it was just a lucky day or a steady performer.
Time will tell.

RBD

Registered
Forum Member
Jul 23, 2020
Both San Jose St and Wyoming shooting lights out, 30 pts in just the first five minutes. Not good.
Adding a few buys from the NP.
I prefer 'Dogs paired with Unders, Favs with Overs. Since the NP has Overs on two games that I also have Favs on in the Sides system, I'll try them both.

Update #3: Sides and totals from both systems are currently 4-2, and I'm 1-2 in the day, looking at 1-4 as Marquette's offense is taking the day off. I'm going to go to what has worked best for me, an Un in the NP, adding the Army spot.

Also, no buy, for record keeping purposes, Butler line move makes it now qualify as a NP Ov at 133 or < .

Update #4: Butler no longer qualifies.

Buys:

San Jose St/Wyoming Un 150' L
Mia/Clem Ov 126' W
Clem -8 L
Marquette/Georgetown Ov 144' L
Marquette -3' L
Loyola Maryland/Army Un 138'

Last edited:
MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

RBD

Registered
Forum Member
Jul 23, 2020
Just an FYI - nothing qualifies in the early games, back with the rest of the day's cards asap.

Recap: 2-4 yesterday, and a reminder of why I use totals and not sides. Remove the sides and it's a 2-2 day, no damage.

The reason I know to stick to sides - logbooks of my plays for over fifteen years show me my best course of action on how to stay profitable. The data shows me I do much better with totals, especially Unders, so to increase profitability I decrease buys on plays I am not as effective with. Just my opinion, but everyone should keep a data base of their play and handicap their own performance, just as they would handicap a team's performance. If you're serious about improving your play keeping a database and tracking and analyzing your perfoemnace is the best move you can make.

After going down 1-4 why did I only use one of the three remaining Unders? Because I didn't want to use NC in an Under and I know Miss Valley has lost a few Unders in this spot this season. How did I know to lay off them? My logbook!
THERE'S ALSO A "FEEL" TO EACH DAY!!!!
Call it gut-feel, bio-rhythm, six sense, whatever, but there are days you will be "on" and days you will be "off." Recognize them, and don't press when it's not your day. At 1-4 I was happy to get one unit back and go to 2-4 on the day, knowing I was at 1-0 going into the day and would only be down one unit, easy enough to recover, no need to press on a day I was feeling off.

Playoff record: 4-5

Okay, underwater for the playoffs, down a unit. Usually not a concern, but . . . the systems I use are not of much help right now. MP is 2-1, Ov 2-1, Un 0-0. NP is 8-9, Ov 3-5, Un 5-4. Feel like I'm flying blind.

Today's spots:

NP Ov in Miss St, Tulsa, Kansas, UC Irvine, UNLV, Grambling, Fla Atl

Un in Virg, Wyoming, Rider, S Car

No buys yet, I'm going to look at a few things first.

Last edited:
Bet on MyBookie