College Hoops 2020

RBD

Registered
Forum Member
Jul 23, 2020
Recap: Unders in the New Play go 2-1, I bought the one that lost.
Record: 54-46.

Main Play went 0-1, should have faded.

New Play went 4-2 overall, had an Under with a 10 or > (Citadel) and I stayed off it,
it wins and they're 24-14 now.
How about just buying anything with a W % of 60 or > from now on, good idea?
New Mexico Ov wins, and I stayed off because I have no luck with that team in Overs, but that was all in the Main Play, New Play is much better, another blown opportunity.

Today . . .

Main Play - nothing.

New Play has Ov in Mia-Oh, U Mass, TCU, Villanova, Mizzoo
Un in Pacific, App St, Penn St, Miss Valley St

10 or > in App St, U Mass, Villanova, Penn St
13 or > in Miss Valley St, Mizoo

Update:
Mia-Oh 0-1 in this spot, W Virg 1-0, TCU 1-1, St Johns 0-1, Villanova 0-1 (combined 0-2, fade?)
Penn St 2-1, Neb 2-0 (3-1, play ON?), Miss Valley St 1-1, Miss 2-1, Mizoo 2-1 (4-2, plus a diff of 13 or > so I bought it)

Buys:
Miss Valley St/Tex South Un 151
Miss/Mizzoo Ov 132'

Last edited:

RBD

Registered
Forum Member
Jul 23, 2020
Recap: Got a split, 1-1.
Record: 55-47

Not a bad day to get a split, considering the plays I lean on took a whupping at 2-7.

I avoided trouble by staying with the two top rated plays of 13 or >, got an easy W with Miss Valley Un (thanks to a 15 pt first half by the Delta Devils), but the Miss/Mizoo game saw poor shooting %'s from both sides, even OT wouldn't have saved my Over.

Today:

Main Play has Overs in Mercer, McNeese

New Play has Overs in NC St, Temple; Unders in G Wash, 'Bama, Cincy

Mercer is 13 or >
Virg is 13 or > at 124 or lower

I checked the records all teams in the plays today, nothing to help make a decision in there.

I have no strong feeling on any of these, and with the season coming to an end, and with a little house money in my pocket, I'll likely protect my plus-money position and take a day off.

Ahhh, what the hell . . .
Buys:
GW/GM Un 140'
Temple/S Fla Ov 135

Last edited:

RBD

Registered
Forum Member
Jul 23, 2020
Recap: Got another split, another W with an Un, and L with an Ov.
Record: 56-48

Main Play was 2-0 yesterday, New Play 3-2.

Main Play today:
Ov in St Francis (PA), Pacific
Un in Az St, Weber

New Play:
Ov in Mia-Oh, Morehead, Detroit, E Ill,
Un in Buff, Miss Valley, Youngstown, Purdue Fort Wayne, Boise St.

10 or > in St Francis, Mia-Oh, Morehead, Miss Valley, Youngstown

Got busy, missed early game with Mi-Oh.

Back after I check records.
Buff 1-0.

Update: added a few buys.
Update #2; Boise St no longer qualifies.

Buys:
C Mich/Buff Un 161'
Tenn St/Morehead St Ov 131' (I came back in to make it 132 to be fair; line is moving while I was updating.)
Weber St/Sac Un 144'

Last edited:
MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

RBD

Registered
Forum Member
Jul 23, 2020
Recap: 2-1. Added a little bank, I'll take it.
Also got two much needed W's in NBA for a 4-1 day.

Record: 58-49

Main Play went 2-2.
New Play went 6-2. At exactly 200 plays it's hitting 55%. While 55% does not sound that great, it's profitable, it's the bottom tier % professional bettors who make their living on sports betting shoot for.

Main Play today has nothing.

New Play has Ov in Merrimack, Tex St, Fla Atl, S Dak St, Cal Riverside
Un in Bryant, Troy, South Bama, Seattle, UNLV

10 or > in Bryant, Fla Atl, South Bama

The record for Fridays since I've been tracking this system is now 24-7-1, Ov 13-4, Un 11-3.
Day of the week should be irrelevant, but there it is anyway at 77% (not incl. the push.).

Update: adding a buy.

Buys:
LIU Brook/Bryant Un 164
St Fran NY/Merrimack Ov 138'
Mizzoo-KC/S Dak St Ov 135
G St/S 'Bama Un 146'
Cal SB/Cal River Ov 131'

Last edited:

RBD

Registered
Forum Member
Jul 23, 2020
Recap: 3-2 last night, nothing pretty, just another workman-like effort that added a little bit to my bank.

Record: 61-51

Just a 5-5 day for New Plays yesterday, was hoping it was a little better like the past Fridays.

Main Play today:
Ov in E Tenn St, Furman, BYU
Un in Weber, Fla St

New Play today:
Ov in Syracuse
Un in Ark, Presby, App St, BYU

Only five spots to choose from in the New Play, which usually kicks out, what? - 20 or so on Saturdays?
I'll go run the numbers again, I was rushing to get everything in before early tip-offs.

10 or > Presby

Reminder - the New Play doesn't usually do well on Saturdays for whatever reason. Maybe with fewer games today it'll do better?

There's a conflict between the two systems one says Ov BYU one says Un. I'll go through the log book and see which system is stronger, might be a play there.

I have no feel for any of these games so I'm just going to take the first game on the card and see how the day starts out.

Buys:
Syr/G Tech Ov 144

RBD

Registered
Forum Member
Jul 23, 2020
Recap: 1-0, won with Syracuse Ov.

Record: 62-51

Added a little more to my bank, but missed opportunity as the Main Play went 4-1, and the New Play swept the board at 5-0.

I was too busy 'capping FCS football, plus Saturday's haven't really been that good, so I decided to bank the Syracuse unit and call it a day.

Just a heads up for when it happens again, when the two plays go head-to-head the New Play is 3-1 including last night's win with BYU.

Today, nothing in the Main Play, a few in the New Play.
Ov in Idaho, UTEP, N Dak St.
Un in Iowa, Coppin.

I have a nice week behind me, slowly grinding out a little profit each day. I might call it a week, keep what I have, start again on Monday. I'm off to check the records of these teams in this play, if I see anything interesting and buy it I'll post.

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

RBD

Registered
Forum Member
Jul 23, 2020
No buys yesterday.
Posted New Plays went 3-2.

Main Play 12-9, Ov 9-7, Un 3-2

New Play 119-91, Ov 61-48, Un 58-43
10 or > 56-44, Ov 27-24, Un 29-20
13 or > 32-22 Ov 19-17, Un 13-5

Today's spots . . .

New Play (NP from now on, easier to type when I'm not dictating by voice):

Ov in St. Bonnie, Virg, Ok

Un in Richmond, U Mass, Winthrop, Houston Bap, Grambling, 'Bama A&M

Dayton, High Pt, 'Bama A&M, Ok are 10 or >
Virg 13 or >

Virg is 3-1 in this spot.
High Pt is 2-0, Winthrop 3-0.
Grambling 1-0, Miss Valley St 2-2.
Richmond is 0-1,Tex S 1-1, 'Bama A&M 1-1, Ok 1-0, Ok St 0-1.

Had U Mass circled as a buy but the line has dropped 3 pts since I started this write-up. I'm not going to buy a # three pts off what I should have gotten.

Buys:
Dayton/St Bonnie Ov 131'
Mia/Virg Ov 122'
High Pt/Winthrop Un 143'

RBD

Registered
Forum Member
Jul 23, 2020
Recap: 1-2.
I thought I was going to have another 2-1 day, Mia/Virg had 71 pts at the half, only needed 52 in the second half, but the Cavaliers can be pretty ugly on offense, and they scored 50% fewer pts in the second half than in the first.

Record: 63-53

Normally a 1-2 day is not that bad, you can't win every day, but yesterday was a particularly bad day to go 1-2 since the posted plays went 7-2. I had U Mass Un circled as a buy but by the time I finished my write-up the line dropped three pts so I didn't buy it. Bad move. The game stayed Un by 7 pts anyway.

Unders were a perfect 6-0, and if that sounds familiar it's because it is - they went 6-0 on Saturday too. They're on a 13-1 run, 16 of the last 19. On the season, in the New Play, Unders are 63-42, that's 60% with more than 100 plays. Pretty good.

Today's spots . . .

NP has Ov in E Mich, W Mich, Wright St

Un in Ark, Xavier

Xavier is 10 or >
W Mich is 13 or >

Update: Ark is 2-0 in this spot. Unders have been hot. Combined with a team record of 2-0, I'm buying it.

Buys:
Ark/S Car Un 157'
Xavier/Georgetown Un 148

Last edited:
MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

RBD

Registered
Forum Member
Jul 23, 2020
Coach, with a 20 pt lead I thought scoring would slow late in the game, but, no.
Got it back with Xavier Under, though (or any of the Overs if you used them.)

Recap: Split, 1-1.
Record: 64-54

I went with the two Unders because they've been hot, and what happens? The Overs sweep, 3-0.

The NP is 11-3 this week, and I'm 2-3? Not good buying strategy.
It's 23-6 since Saturday, and I'm going to start buying them all and hoping I'm not too late jumping on the streak.
Overall NP record is now 127-92, 58% with over 200 plays.
Guys in Vegas make a living on those kind of numbers.

Today . . .

Main Play has Ov in Fla A&M, Hou Bap (record on this play, 10 or >, is 12-9; Ov 9-7, Un 3-2.)

NP has Ov in NC St, BC

Un in G Wash, Wagner, NC AT&T, Creighton, Idaho St.

Update: At 64-54, I have about a nickel of house money banked, and I'm laying it all out today. I'm buying every NP spot, some now, some I'll wait for a better # and update here throughout the day. I'm buying before I check their records in this play so I don't talk myself off of any of them. I'll update any records of significance also.

Early buy notice on S Car St, #'s are all over, from 144 to 145', but dropping from opening 147.

Update #2 : - make S Car St 144' to be fair, only two 145 left when I went to buy it.

Update #3: I just skimmed my logbook to see if any of today's teams have been in this NP spot before. Here's what I found: G Wash 1-0, Merrimack 1-0, Fla St 1-0, Idaho St 1-0. So, no bad news there, no losses on their records.

NOTE - While checking records I saw Merrimack marked as a loss on an Ov on 2/21. The book's # was 142', my # was 133. The game had an up arrow next to it, meaning an Over, my # was 9' pts fewer, should have had a down arrow and the letters "Un" next to it, signifying it was a play on the Under. To correct the record I took one loss off the Overs, and added one win to the Unders, 128-91 overall now, Ov 63-48, Un 65-43.

Update #4: Obviously when you bet the whole card it's risky. The NP has good days and bad (more good though, especially when you remove Saturdays) and if you play all of the spots and catch a bad day it's trouble. But today felt like a good day to do it, and the first game, Fordham is in, a W. This means I only need a split of the next six to make a little profit. And with four Unders left, I like my position.

Update #5: Game two results in, Wagner Un is a W. Only need two W's in five spots left to ensure a profit on the day. And with three Unders left, I really like my position.

Update #6: S Car St game cancelled.

Update #7: NC St Ov in, a W. Three games left, only need one of three to go 4-2 at worst case. With two Unders left, I really like my position.

Buys:

Fordham/GW Un 127 W
Merrimack/Wagner Un 130 W
S Car St/NCC AT&T Un 144' Cancelled.
NC St/N Dame Ov 144' W
Creighton/Villanova Un 146'
BC/Fla St Ov 151'
Idaho St/E Wash Un 147'

Last edited:

Coach Woody

Forum Member
Sep 12, 2003
Colorado
RBD

Amazing night!!!!

I follow all the time but tonight was the night. Including NBA!!

Next time you are sweeping the board give me the heads up. I will just do the 7 team parlay instead of betting individual bets 🤪😆🤣

My 350 I spent could have proffitted me about ,32,500.
Of course if I knew you would sweep I would have defiantly doubled up 😂😂

Seriously thank you for a fun ride tonight.

Keep it rolling

RBD

Registered
Forum Member
Jul 23, 2020
Thank me? No, thank you Coach. I was starting to question the use of my time, thinking there seems to be little interest (I thought I'd get questions ,"What do you mean when you say this?" or "Why do you do this?" type of stuff.) Then you post and let me know I'm not wasting time, someone is reading me.
Glad you made some bank last night.

Recap: Won all buys, 6-0 (and 4-0 in NBA for a 10-0 night.)

Record: 70-54

Want some numbers?
NP is on a 28-6 run, 16-3 last nineteen spots.
NP Unders are on an 17-2 run.
NP overall is now 134-91, that's almost 60% with 225 plays.

I played the whole board last night. Do it again tonight?
No.
I wouldn't push my luck and do it back to back nights even with a small card, but with what pops up for today? No way. Check this out . . .

Main Play has Ov in Fla A&M, 'Bama A&M; UN in Rider, Stetson.

NP has Ov in Liberty, Dayton, Fairfield, Mid Tenn St, Stetson, N Iowa, San Fran, Utah St.

Un in U Mass, Rider, Canisius, Iowa St, 'Bama St, Alcorn St, Iowa, Az St, Utah St.

NP has 17 spots. Now you know why I wouldn't even think about playing the entire card.

Main play was 0-2 yesterday, hitting around .500 anyway, may drop it to save time.
Only value in it is 13 or > Un, which is 11-5 and which Rider fits today.
NP also has Rider Un, so I have to check the record for when both systems agree on a play.
Also have to check head to head record as MP has Stetson Un, NP has it Ov.

10 or > in Fla A&M, U Mass, Iowa St, Stetson in NP, Alcorn St, San Fran
13 or > in Rider in Main Play, Liberty (15), Rider in NO (15), Neb

No idea what I'm going to do today, other than play tighter than yesterday.
Back with buys after I check some records. It's going to take an hour or so.

Update: First record check shows U Mass 1-0 in this spot, St Joe's 0-0. UPDATE/CORRECTION: St Joe's 1-0.
Since Unders are hot, I'll buy this first one of the day to see if the run continues. Ride it until it bucks ya.

Update #2: I have the feeling today would be "give some back day" so I'll play conservative. U Mass only adding to that feeling, they're on a pace to score 100 themselves. If the early plays win I may add a late play, but right now I'm of a mind to stop buying.

Update #3: First two games, U Mass and Liberty, are both in as L's. That feeling I had that this might not be a good day to buy looks to be correct. Only two games, I know, but for some reason, when there are a LOT of plays, like today, things do not go as well.

Update #4: Mid Tenn St no longer a play due to line move.

Rider Un spot has a dif of 15 or >, 4-2 overall on those, 1-0 on Un, worth a look if you're thinking of playing that game.

And in head-to-head, always take the NP to beat the Main Play, that would call for Stetson Ov today. In fact, I 'll take the NP vs MP any day, so might as well buy it.

CORRECTION - Liberty pushed.

Buys:

St Joe's/U Mass Un 153
Stetson/Bellamarine Ov (wait to buy, it's 140' and dropping from the opening #, a few 140 out there now)

Last edited:
MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

Coach Woody

Forum Member
Sep 12, 2003
Colorado
I follow everyday.... I don't always get a chance to chime in and or ask questions. Work has been crazy this last two months with Covid crap.

I hope to be rolling back with more time this spring.

I didn't see your other three NBA last night so congrats on that and my 10 team parlay would have let me retire early:facepalm::facepalm: Sad I missed those plays.

I would have never done that but man that would have been fun.

Hope to hit a few more today.

gridman

Forum Member
Nov 22, 2000
honolulu, Hi, USA
Apologies

Apologies

Coach, I ditto you. I always check on RBD's selections - but use selective reasoning regarding the BUYs. I love your style, reasoning, selections, etc. But, yesterday, I went with my gut feelings and played all your BUYs except the SC St game because bookie didn't have the game listed. Lo and behold, it was a lovely day. Thank you very much! Please continue with your methods and just remember that I am always checking on your daily plays. Much appreciated.

Aloha!
GM:0069

RBD

Registered
Forum Member
Jul 23, 2020
Thanks, Coach, and Gridman.
I sometimes feel weird when I post, like I'm talking to myself, so it's nice when someone stops in.

Sorry you missed the three added plays, Coach. I usually do updates in the original post rather than add replies because I don't want to keep bumping my post to the top of the page, unless it's a buy notice for a game that's starting in the next 20 minutes or so, then I post as a reply in case anyone is interested in a play on it.

Good luck to you today.

RBD

Registered
Forum Member
Jul 23, 2020
Grambling 2-0 in this spot.
I hate passing on these NP Unders. U Mass lost but then Rider won, even with OT!
Canisius and Iowa St games looking good, too.

Buys:
St Joe's/U Mass Un 153 L
Stetson/Bellamarine Ov 140'
'Bama St/Grambling Un 136'

joeco

Registered
Forum Member
Oct 26, 2016
always read your posts hard work, well reasoned you are an excellent capper i don t enter in peoples thread often as i don t like to clutter threads with non contributing posts if i have something to add i do. continued success and thank you appreciate all your work and sharing

RBD

Registered
Forum Member
Jul 23, 2020
JoeCo, thanks for dropping in and letting me know you're interested, much appreciated.

My strategy was to buy the early game on the NP, if it won I'd then buy more spots, if not, I'd pick some spots or take the day off.
It was a semi-bad strategy.
The first play lost, so I backed off the next ones.
And then the NP reeled off 6 straight winners from 11 am to 4 pm.
The next loss was . . . the one I picked, Grambling. Ugh.
But, if I had played the mid-day games and won I would have likely added a few late games, and they went 2-6 (then again, knowing me, I would have banked the early units and shut it down to hold onto the units banked.)

Record: 71-56

CORRECTION: Yesterday I listed Utah St as an Un and Ov in the NP. It was an Ov. The Un was Southern Utah.

MP went 2-2, NP went 8-7-1 (so in retrospect I could have played the entire card again like on Wednesday and made a small profit.)

The reg. season ends in the next day or so, and I'm calling it a success. My goals, in any sport, are always:
1 - Don't lose $.
2 - Bank a profit.
3 - Shoot for the Grail - 67%.

Yes, many people look at #1 and say, "What kind of goal is that?"
It's a realistic one.
MOST bettors lose, some say the # is as high as 98% of them. So the first goal is always to have fun playing chess against the book's numbers, see if I can beat them, and don't lose money. ESPECIALLY in sports that I don't follow or have a history of handicapping - like Kid's B-Ball and the NBA.

I hit goal #1. I hit goal #2.
Goal # 3 is a long shot in any sport, but for me, especially in basketball.
At 71-56, I feel pretty good. That's 56% with over 120 plays.
I found a system that worked for me, had some fun, some profit, and gained some experience that I can use to improve my play next season. And I got to share my plays here at MadJack's, hopefully giving helpful tips on money management and betting strategy, such as - You DON'T have to bet every game, or every day. Discipline is an important key to beating the books.

Now the goal is to try and beat the tournaments. But first, the final days of the regular season.
Today I have . . .

MP has Ov in Citadel, Sanford, Un in Cal St Fullerton

NP has Ov in Liberty, Evansville, Cent Mich, Fairfield, Drake, Hawaii, N Tex, Nev, Pacific

Un in Idaho St, Citadel, Buff, Miss Valley, Seattle, N Mex St.

Back with buys after I do some record checks.

Update: I don't see any real edges in the records, and don't see a play that I really like, may take the day off. There is a H2H spot (head-to-head) MP says Citadel Ov, NP says Un (Citadel is 3-1 Un in the NP.) I had this B2B yesterday (Stetson), got a W with the NP. I think NP is 3-1 H2H. It's worth a look but Citadel has gone Un 9 straight games, I don't like to jump on streaks so no buy for me.

Last edited:
MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

Mobb Deep

Registered
Forum Member
Mar 30, 2017
Keep it going

Keep it going

JoeCo, thanks for dropping in and letting me know you're interested, much appreciated.

My strategy was to buy the early game on the NP, if it won I'd then buy more spots, if not, I'd pick some spots or take the day off.
But, if I had played the mid-day games and won I would have likely added a few late games, and they went 2-6 (then again, knowing me, I would have banked the early units and shut it down to hold onto the units banked.)

CORRECTION: Yesterday I listed Utah St as an Un and Ov in the NP. It was an Ov. The Un was Southern Utah.

MP went 2-2, NP went 8-7-1 (so in retrospect I could have played the entire card again like on Wednesday and made a small profit.)

The reg. season ends in the next day or so, and I'm calling it a success. My goals, in any sport, are always:
1 - Don't lose $.
2 - Bank a profit.

It's a realistic one.
MOST bettors lose, some say the # is as high as 98% of them. So the first goal is always to have fun playing chess against the book's numbers, see if I can beat them, and don't lose money. ESPECIALLY in sports that I don't follow or have a history of handicapping - like Kid's B-Ball and the NBA.

I found a system that worked for me, had some fun, some profit, and gained some experience that I can use to improve my play next season. And I got to share my plays here at MadJack's, hopefully giving helpful tips on money management and betting strategy, such as - You DON'T have to bet every game, or every day. Discipline is an important key to beating the books.

Now the goal is to try and beat the tournaments. But first, the final days of the regular season.
Today I have . . .

NP has Ov in Liberty, Evansville, Cent Mich, Fairfield, Drake, Hawaii, N Tex, Nev, Pacific

Update: I don't see any real edges in the records, and don't see a play that I really like, may take the day off. There is a H2H spot (head-to-head) MP says Citadel Ov, NP says Un (Citadel is 3-1 Un in the NP.) I had this B2B yesterday (Stetson), got a W with the NP. I think NP is 3-1 H2H. It's worth a look but Citadel has gone Un 9 straight games, I don't like to jump on streaks so no buy for me.

Keep doing what you?ve been doing RBD. I?ve been following you for a while now

Mobb Deep

Registered
Forum Member
Mar 30, 2017
Keep it going

Keep it going

1 - Don't lose $.
2 - Bank a profit.

It's a realistic one.

Today I have . . .

Keep doing what you?ve been doing RBD. I?ve been following you for a while now

Bet on MyBookie