Game Of Thrones - HBO

PocketAces

Registered
Forum Member
Jul 30, 2003
WI
Very average episode. Nothing too exciting.

C+

I am sure everyone else thinks it was an A+++++++++++++++++++ episode. They all can't be winners guys.

:142smilie

ukgaz

Forum Member
Apr 12, 2008
Sacramento
Another good episode. This is really a great show.

Hope so see more of Missandei - here is her looking great in another show

giphy.gif

smurphy

cartographer
Channel Member
Jul 31, 2004
L.A.

Season 4 Episode 04 April 27th Oathkeeper

-Bran gets captured at Craster's Keep, nice move Bran saying you are a Stark, bad error dude. And I sure hope both direwolves are ok, Jon Snow's direwolf in a cage and the other one in a trap. I can't take another one of those little guys dying, hope they hang in there.

I agree. The dire wolves are probably my favorite characters.

I've been very confused as to what's beyond the wall or not. Obviously Craster's Keep is beyond the wall, but I either never saw or forgot how Bran's crew was able to get there? I mean this is the same wall that half the Wildlings fell to their deaths attempting to scale, right? So how did a crippled kid get over it?

kickserv

Wrong Forum Mod
Forum Member
May 26, 2002
Canada

I've been very confused as to what's beyond the wall or not. Obviously Craster's Keep is beyond the wall, but I either never saw or forgot how Bran's crew was able to get there? I mean this is the same wall that half the Wildlings fell to their deaths attempting to scale, right? So how did a crippled kid get over it?

Yep....no more direwolves deaths please.

As for how Bran and his crew got to Craster's Keep:00x32

gardenweasel

el guapo
Forum Member
Jan 10, 2002
"the bunker"
I can't stop watching this.

and she can`t stop doing it....:shrug:

I must`ve missed something...eyebrows and the gang pull up in front of this castle.....park their asses in front of said castle(with eyebrows making threats and undermining the authority of the castle`s rulers all the while).....

yet they still snuck up on them and breached the walls without anyone noticing?..no one guarding the perimeter?.......no lookouts?.....no deadbolt?.......

other than that,i thought it was a dialogue-heavy episode,....but the dialogue was fantastic(the writing on this show is unbelievable)....

do the youngsters on the board realize that this... Game-of-Thrones---Diana-R-010.jpg

was once this... 104_Diana_Rigg.jpg

johnnyonthespot

Forum Member
Feb 6, 2002
Cottonwood Heights, UT

Actually, they went under it. It was the final episode of last season - Bran knew of an abandoned castle next to the Wall called the Nightfort. While they were there that night they heard a sound from beneath them and a guy popped out from a tunnel entrance. It ended up being Sam (with Gilly) - which is why Sam mentioned to Jon this week that he "wished he could have talked Bran into coming back to the Wall". Sam and Gilly went back the the Wall, and Bran et al went north of the Wall via the tunnel that Sam and Gilly came through.

kickserv

Wrong Forum Mod
Forum Member
May 26, 2002
Canada
Actually, they went under it. It was the final episode of last season - Bran knew of an abandoned castle next to the Wall called the Nightfort. While they were there that night they heard a sound from beneath them and a guy popped out from a tunnel entrance. It ended up being Sam (with Gilly) - which is why Sam mentioned to Jon this week that he "wished he could have talked Bran into coming back to the Wall". Sam and Gilly went back the the Wall, and Bran et al went north of the Wall via the tunnel that Sam and Gilly came through.

BINGO:0074

gardenweasel

el guapo
Forum Member
Jan 10, 2002
"the bunker"
16-Group-Of-Thrones-Grp0804.jpg

is that the androgynous warrior-ess showing all the leg?......

not shabby at all....

ukgaz

Forum Member
Apr 12, 2008
Sacramento
and she can`t stop doing it....:shrug:

I must`ve missed something...eyebrows and the gang pull up in front of this castle.....park their asses in front of said castle(with eyebrows making threats and undermining the authority of the castle`s rulers all the while).....

yet they still snuck up on them and breached the walls without anyone noticing?..no one guarding the perimeter?.......no lookouts?.....no deadbolt?.......

other than that,i thought it was a dialogue-heavy episode,....but the dialogue was fantastic(the writing on this show is unbelievable)....

do the youngsters on the board realize that this... View attachment 2150

was once this... View attachment 2149

Yep she was a bond girl as well. I remember watching the re-runs of the TV show the Avengers when I was a kid that she was most well known for at least in the UK. Quite the looker back in the day. Now not so much.

smurphy

cartographer
Channel Member
Jul 31, 2004
L.A.

Thank you. I knew I was missing something. I blame the long offseasons. I assume the Nightwatch is aware of the tunnel? Shouldn't they be using it?

johnnyonthespot

Forum Member
Feb 6, 2002
Cottonwood Heights, UT
I just finished A storm of swords, the third book, and about to start A feast for crows. Love the books and it sounds like the tv series is following the story line pretty much exactly. Has anyone read the books and watch the series? Wondering if I will like the tv show after reading the books.
Hope this question hasn't been ask too many times, new to the thread. thanks

Well, I have but not quite in the conventional way. I started by watching the show but started the books about halfway through season 2 and then had all 5 finished before the start of the 3rd season. So for the last season plus I've been able to compare the books to the show but of course from the very start of the books my imagining of the main characters was already heavily influenced by the show.

In any case, to directly answer your question - yes you will most definitely enjoy the show. I literally don't know one person who has read the books and dislikes the show. Of course, as is almost always the case, the books are better and everyone agrees on that as well.

Obviously, I don't want to get into specifics and invoke the rage of Kick, but I can say this very generally . . .

I'd say that about 75% of the time what happens in the show is verbatim taken from the book and they do it very well. Out of the remaining 25% that's different, 20% of the time it is relatively minor changes that are completely understandable in terms of trying to pace a character's story over the course of the season or to avoid introducing tons of new characters that aren't really needed long-term. Unless you are a die-hard book purist, those won't really bother you. The remaining 5%, though, will tick you off from time to time. Usually it's not a major plot difference - just the way things unfold are changed in such a way that it portrays a character very differently than how they are portrayed in the book.

And of course the violence, magic, and especially the T&A are all ramped up in the show.

johnnyonthespot

Forum Member
Feb 6, 2002
Cottonwood Heights, UT
Thank you. I knew I was missing something. I blame the long offseasons. I assume the Nightwatch is aware of the tunnel? Shouldn't they be using it?

They are, but they have a tunnel through the Wall at Castle Black (their main camp) so they have no reason to use the other tunnel. It was only because Sam so incompetently got himself lost that they ended up near the Nightfort and used that tunnel.

PocketAces

Registered
Forum Member
Jul 30, 2003
WI
Don't get me wrong I really enjoy the show. Maybe my expectations each week are too high.

Let me ask this question. How do you rank this season thus far against the other seasons?

:0corn

SixFive

bonswa
Forum Member
Mar 12, 2001
BG, KY, USA
Not a bad episode even though it's purpose was to lay more plot and further groundwork.

Ill enjoy that prick at Craster's getting impaled by one of the whores at some point.

Nice white walker scene, but it left a lot to be desired and many more new questions.

No dragons this week?? Lame.

Enjoyable episode. Next week should have fireworks!

Bet on MyBookie