Game Of Thrones - HBO

ukgaz

Forum Member
Apr 12, 2008
Sacramento
If you are a producer of a TV show you want the ending of your episode to have the whole country talking about it at work the next day.

Yesterday's episode did that:0008

It also gave my wife nightmares!

Lots more twist and turns to come in this show.

fatdaddycool

Chi-TownHustler
Forum Member
Mar 26, 2001
Fort Worth TX usa
Let's be thankful for what he's given us rather than curse the idea of him being gone. He was on borrowed time at is was. As for who will replace the dialogue, it's time for the dragons and wolves to speak up more in class anyway.

Tyrian will escape death and kill Tywin. Mark it down dude.

Snafu

Forum Member
Aug 16, 2002
Finland
i was pretty sure that Tywian gets some spear after the fight but nooo....

btw anyone watching Penny Dreadful ?

absinthe :nono:

gardenweasel

el guapo
Forum Member
Jan 10, 2002
"the bunker"
glad they offed the redhead....if only somebody had dispatched fat boy,i could have given the episode a solid "c"...

other than the mastodons and giants(which were well done),I really didn`t enjoy seeing an entire episode focus on the siege of the wall....one of the series` strengths(imo) is the way it balances different storylines...this was a little monotone(for me...not one of my favorite storylines in the show)....

i can see them ending the season with dinklage`s fate unresolved....boo !!!:lol:

kickserv

Wrong Forum Mod
Forum Member
May 26, 2002
Canada
Episode 09 The Watchers on the Wall

Wow.......what an amazing episode..... fuck yeah:clap:

We are almost done Season 4 and this series just keeps on putting up gold, what an incredible series:00x15

In history of TV, not sure there has ever been a better show, I mean we are into Season 4 and it is still delivering top notch entertainment, wow, just wow.:0044

- Gilly makes it back to Castle Black, man oh man she's a tough chick, ya gotta love Gilly.

- Sam and Maester Aemon have a nice conversation in the Library, seems Maester Aemon has one hell of a past when it comes to the ladies.

- Sam finds Gilly and her baby shelter in the kitchen, and before he leaves he steps up and gives Gilly a kiss, about time Sam, about friggen time.

- The Wall gets attacked from both sides and all hell breaks lose. Several giants and a woolly mammoth attempt to pull down the large gate at the base of the Wall, and Jon sends Grenn with 5 men to guard the passage, and they do it. Also gotta love the part when the woolly mammoth steps on the guy that is on fire trying to flee:scared

- On south side of Castle Black, Jon leads the remaining Night's Watch brothers, along with his direwolf, Ghost. Yep that's right Ghost is back :00hour Jon battles with Styr, and after Styr beats the shit out of him Jon is able to kill the Thenn with a hammer to the head. He is then confronted by Ygritte, who appears ready to kill him but hesitates with her arrow. Her pause allows Olly to shoot an arrow through her back. Jon is saved but is red head chicky dies, poor Jon:cry:

"You know nothing Jon Snow"

I will miss Ygritte, it just goes to show you, if you go down on a women, she won't kill you. Jon and his cunnilingus saved his life.

- Tormund was hit by several arrows and is taken into custody, something tells me that boy ain't gonna talk.:142smilie

- Jon tells Sam that he will go north of the Wall, and attempt to kill Mance, ummmm WTF:shrug: How is that going to work:shrug:

- Non stop action, hell yeah:00hour

PocketAces

Registered
Forum Member
Jul 30, 2003
WI

Yes. If you enjoyed it now, you will probably enjoy it later, but if you think this sucks then I wouldn't waste my time.

I think/hope that future seasons will be much better.

How do you rate this season compared to past seasons? Better or worse?

I think that this season is the worst of them all.

smurphy

cartographer
Channel Member
Jul 31, 2004
L.A.
it just goes to show you, if you go down on a women, she won't kill you.

:142smilie:142smilie:142smilie
I've been on madjacks many years now, and this might be the most important thing I've ever read here.

Great episode, great battle for the wall. From a military tactics point, I have to question the use a single wooly mammoth. If you have one wooly, you must have a few, right? Shouldn't you have a backup or two? And if they are that easily spooked by fire to the point of trampling your own men and running away, then maybe they shouldn't be used on the frontlines anyway.:shrug:

smurphy

cartographer
Channel Member
Jul 31, 2004
L.A.
Poor Ygritte was simply born on the wrong side of the wall. She was meant to be a Northerner, but never got the chance. Life isn't fair, as GoT constantly reminds us.

kickserv

Wrong Forum Mod
Forum Member
May 26, 2002
Canada
Great episode, great battle for the wall. From a military tactics point, I have to question the use a single wooly mammoth. If you have one wooly, you must have a few, right? Shouldn't you have a backup or two? And if they are that easily spooked by fire to the point of trampling your own men and running away, then maybe they shouldn't be used on the frontlines anyway.:shrug:

Awesome episode:Yep:

They might have some back-up woolly mammoth's, but you are correct, if ya only have one better make sure fire doesn't spook it, bad error on their part.

kickserv

Wrong Forum Mod
Forum Member
May 26, 2002
Canada
Poor Ygritte was simply born on the wrong side of the wall. She was meant to be a Northerner, but never got the chance. Life isn't fair, as GoT constantly reminds us.

Yep, poor Ygritte:cry:

ygritte-meme-snow-already-came.jpg

smurphy

cartographer
Channel Member
Jul 31, 2004
L.A.
btw anyone watching Penny Dreadful ?

I watched about 30 min of the first episode. It seemed too ridiculous, but I didn't give it a full chance. They sorta lost me with the idea of a wild west carnival gunslinger going into battle with demonic spirits of the London opium underworld.

BobbyBlueChip

Trustee
Forum Member
Dec 27, 2000
Belly of the Beast
I watched about 30 min of the first episode. It seemed too ridiculous, but I didn't give it a full chance. They sorta lost me with the idea of a wild west carnival gunslinger going into battle with demonic spirits of the London opium underworld.

But still no problem with a 60 year old science teacher pulling the strings on the drug trade in the entire American southwest .....

smurphy

cartographer
Channel Member
Jul 31, 2004
L.A.
But still no problem with a 60 year old science teacher pulling the strings on the drug trade in the entire American southwest .....

As previously stated, my only problem there was the unrealistic timeline. Everything else in the plot was fundamentally sound.

Bet on MyBookie