Game Of Thrones - HBO

Snafu

Forum Member
Aug 16, 2002
Finland
profit or not to profit x28:

but honestly, four episodes and nothing crucial has happened except NK exit ?

two episodes to wrap up eight seasons... :0003

SixFive

bonswa
Forum Member
Mar 12, 2001
BG, KY, USA
Miguel Sapotchnik (sp?) next episode, so we know it will be a huge action bloodbath.

I also hate how Rhaegal went down. I mean could Dany not see his fleet ?hiding? in wait? Lame...

Snafu

Forum Member
Aug 16, 2002
Finland
i guess she was looking nearest starbucks instead of fleet...

D53MxvKX4AEM67V.jpg

around 14.45mins to last episode

:0002

fatdaddycool

Chi-TownHustler
Forum Member
Mar 26, 2001
Fort Worth TX usa
My bold predictions:

Cersei arrives and they end up agreeing that rather than war they will each send a champion to decide (i.e. what Jon proposed to Ramsay before the Battle of the Bastards) and that is how we will finally get Clegane Bowl. I further think the Hound will win but then Cersei will renege and say she's attacking anyway. Somehow it will come down to Brienne trying to kill Cersei and Jaime will step between them. But instead of defending her, he will turn around and kill Cersei.
Definitely had some of the very sane thoughts but it just seems like that scenario is kind of obvious I guess is the word I'm thinking, I dunno.
I think it would be great BUT, I personally don't think Jamie Lannister being the ultimate hero would sit well with fans or writers.
What about this, I agree that the Hound and the Mountain will face off at some point. I think where Jamie comes in is killing the dragon killing asshole Graejoy or whatever his name is. Cersei will then either kill Jamie herself or he'll die defending her because ultimately it's his baby she's carrying. Cersei has to have some success somewhere so I'm guessing she kills either the dragon queen or Arya. I still think it will be Tyrian killing Cersei or the mountain because he's going to end up with Sansa in Winterfell. I think he'll be the only surviving Lannister except he isn't a Lannister really. I don't know man. Shit

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

kickserv

Wrong Forum Mod
Forum Member
May 26, 2002
Canada
Episode 72 ......... May 12th ............ "The Bells"

Ok it is official, Dany lost her shit!

-Varys is seen writing a letter about Jon Snow's true heritage. Varys is interrupted by a little girl Martha who is keeping a check on Daenerys, I might have missed it but I think he gave the letter to her and burned the other copy, not sure what happened there?

- Varys attempts to convince Jon to take the Iron Throne due to Daenerys's unstable state of mind following Missandei's death, but Jon refuses to betray Daenerys. And that ladies and gentleman was a bad error, wew baby was that a bad error from Jon, yep that was a doozy!

- Tyrion informs Daenerys of Varys' plot and witnesses his friend's execution, Vary's did have a nice parting shot with the "I hope I am wrong" comment, that was a nice burn, ya see what I did there huh, yep rock solid pun if I do say so myself! Vary's did a lot of bad shit earlier on, but he turned it around and became a good dude. He stood up for what he thought was right, and it turns out he was bang on.

Quick recap.....Tyrion was wrong (again) Vary's was right!

- Tyrion meets with Jaime after learning he was caught (trying to sneak in to see his incest sister), telling him that he must convince Cersei to surrender while making arrangements for them to be smuggled to Pentos. Tyrion again trying to do the right thing but as we know that plan also went to shit!

- Both sides prepare for battle as Jaime infiltrates King's Landing at the same time Arya and Sandor slide right in. Daenerys arrives with Drogon and destroys both the Iron Fleet and the Golden Company, before breaching the walls and allowing her army to enter the city. You gotta hand it to Dany, she was flying like the Red Baron and had her GPS on fire (another pun). She used the sun to dive in and she flew low and fast to avoid the arrows. Some rock solid flying from the Dragon lady. Of course give credit to Drogon as well, he was flying with the expertise of the great Falkor (don't remember who that is, look it up!), yep Falkor would have been proud of that artistry in the air.

- The remaining Lannister forces see they are totally outmatched and surrender, and the battle is over and everybody gets a massage, a bowl of cocoa, and sleep in a nice warm bed.......

Oh wait.......fuck that shit!

Dany goes off her meds and goes full on Pulp Fiction/Chuck Norris/Rambo/Predator, yep she just goes full on bat shit Bill O'Reilly "we'll do it live" crazy!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O_HyZ5aW76c

- Dany proceeds to burn both soldiers and civilians alive while the allied army follows her lead and slaughters everybody in their path, oh shit!

- While Dany is going full on ape shit, Euron is having a little fight with Jamie. Euron clearly did not stop by Maury Povich show for an update. He still thinks he's the father of Cersei's baby. Jaime ends up kills Euron and heads to meet his sister.

- Sandor puts some sense into Arya and tells her to get the hell out of there, she listens.

- Ceersei tries to escape but is encountered by Sandor. The Mountain kills Qyburn. Cersei just says "excuse me" and walks down the stairs.

- The brother versus brother of all brother fights finally takes place. The Mountain looks like he's going to use the same move he used on the Viper and do some eye and skull crushing. But it doesn't work, Sandor gets what he always wanted, he got to kill his brother. Of course he died in the process, but he went out the way he wanted to go out!

- Jon gets everyone to fall back (finally!) An unconscious Arya (who is having a really bad time dealing with Dany and her dragon) wakes up to find everything in rubble. Arya tries to get the common folk to escape, it doesn't work. Arya is pissed off, like really really really pissed off. Like if you forget your wifes birthday kind of pissed off.

- Jaime and Cersei try to escape but they get trapped. Cersei says she wants her baby to live. Jaime tells her nothing else matters, only them, they die together. Cersei got lucky she should have got tortured and died a slow death for all she has done, yep she got lucky. I wish Arya was the one to kill her, but it didn't happen. Olenna Tyrell was right when she told Jamie that Cersei would be the death of him, yep she nailed that one!

- Arya encounters a horse and rides away, and Arya is not a happy camper.

Arya is going to have a long long long talk with Daenerys when she sees her at the next bowling night, a long long talk!

Oh and ummm pretty sure when Missandei said "Dracarys" before she got her head cut off she didn't mean to burn children:facepalm:

Snafu

Forum Member
Aug 16, 2002
Finland
Finally good episode for this season...

I guess Melisandres "blue eyes"-prediction didn't mean NK after all...

:shrug:

johnnyonthespot

Forum Member
Feb 6, 2002
Cottonwood Heights, UT
Well...pretty much all my predictions were wrong.

I don't have a problem with Dany turning heel, but like pretty much everything else this season it just felt very rushed and therefore more than a little unearned. I've kind of started switching to thinking about this last season as a cliffs note version of the "real" story. I can't imagine that GRRM would have the show depart so radically from his vision with one of the main characters, so I'll assume that this is where he was going all along. I just think that - similar to my comments on the Battle of Winterfell - when this happens in the books it will take its time building to it and feel much more logical - at least in terms of being consistent with her character.

We did finally get Clegane Bowl! That sequence - particularly the inter-cutting between that fight and Arya running through King's Landing dodging dragon fire - was probably the highlight of the episode. And that conclusion really did feel true with them both going out together and Sandor overcoming his fear of fire in a way by throwing them both directly into it. I just wish it had happened in the service of the larger story instead of seeming to occur for its own sake. I mean - looking back you could have just had Gregor actually die from Prince Oberyn's poison and not been brought back by Qyburn, and had the Hound actually die when Arya left him. You would have lost no other parts of the story. Since then, Gregor has been mostly standing around looking ominous in the background (he blocks Tommen from attending the trial, is left alone with the one nun by Cersei, and beheads Missandei - all of which could have been done by someone else with no impact) and Sandor has been part of a number of battles where he was just one of many characters there and where his absence would not have been missed. He does help Arya out in the Battle of Winterfell, and the two get to part on much better terms this time - so I suppose it's not all for nothing.

Alright, since I've only got one more crack at it I'll give some more bold predictions for the finale:

Dany is going to die. Maybe via Arya but I kind of think that's a red herring. I think Varys set something in motion before he died. Or perhaps Tyrion will play a part in it, now that he realizes that Varys was right. In the end I think that Jon Snow either also dies or still refuses the throne, but in either case . . . Gendry becomes king. The seemingly insignificant event from earlier this season where Dany made him Lord Baratheon in order to secure his allegiance will come back, because with the bastard tag removed he now becomes Robert's heir. And perhaps now Arya does accept his proposal and becomes queen.

Snafu

Forum Member
Aug 16, 2002
Finland
Latest odds for the throne:

RULER OF WESTEROS

i'm happy this is over soon. i tried not to except much but i have to admit: shittiest season by far.
GRR must be pissed of watching these amateur writers fucking up his work.

in the other hand, people needs to read upcoming books to get proper ending for this shit show...

:0corn

kickserv

Wrong Forum Mod
Forum Member
May 26, 2002
Canada
i'm happy this is over soon.

The greatest TV show ever comes to an end and you are happy?

I bet Snafu is into bondage, he's a sadist:tongue

I guess all good things come to an end, but I would have liked 90-100 episodes to end it all.

Only one episode left, then back to watching reruns of Three's Company I guess.

There is going to be lots of depressed humans walking the earth come May 20th, Thrones will be done:cry:

The Joker

Registered
Forum Member
Aug 3, 2008
Tennessee
www.madjacksports.com

I bet Snafu is into bondage, he's a sadist:tongue

I guess all good things come to an end, but I would have liked 90-100 episodes to end it all.

Only one episode left, then back to watching reruns of Three's Company I guess.

There is going to be lots of depressed humans walking the earth come May 20th, Thrones will be done:cry:

I know you're like, WHAT THE FUCK IS THAT? Well, it's the Sun. Get out and see it some time.

Sunrise-Nov-26-2013-2.jpg

DZ

Urban Achiever
Forum Member
Oct 22, 2009
310/917
Latest odds for the throne:

RULER OF WESTEROS

i'm happy this is over soon. i tried not to except much but i have to admit: shittiest season by far.
GRR must be pissed of watching these amateur writers fucking up his work.

in the other hand, people needs to read upcoming books to get proper ending for this shit show...

:0corn

i'm sticking with Tyrion

Snafu

Forum Member
Aug 16, 2002
Finland

only thing GoT will be remembered is how bad last two seasons actually were.

This show is like Maple Leafs reaching semifinals and losing 4-0 to current Red Wings...

i know it's highly hypothetical parable (because even Red Wings reach semi finals every now and then),

but you get the idea

:0008

kickserv

Wrong Forum Mod
Forum Member
May 26, 2002
Canada
only thing GoT will be remembered is how bad last two seasons actually were.

On the other side, but good luck with your play.

G.O.T. is/was the best tv show in the history of television.

#westerosrules

SixFive

bonswa
Forum Member
Mar 12, 2001
BG, KY, USA
Finale predictions. Let?s go...

Bran is going to warg Drogon. It?s going to happen. He might even make him kill Dany/Unsullied/Dothraki if they get more out of control. He might make him take a nosedive into the earth to kill him. Anyway, he?s going to warg him in the finale.

Dany is obviously going to die. I think Jon snow will kill her.

If the Unsullied aren?t killed, they will go back to Essos and free the slaves after Dany is killed.

There will either be no iron throne, Gendry will rule.

Arya is going to be involved, but she?s over being a stone cold killer. I can?t figure out what she will do.

Jon Snow will go back north when it?s over and reunite with Ghost and the free folk to live out his days.

Sansa will be in charge of the north.

After bran wargs Drogon, he will meet with Sam and write the history of Westeros for future generations.

Let?s hear some predictions :0corn

Bet on MyBookie