Boxing 5/15 - 5/16

Ghost Kid

Registered
Forum Member
Jun 23, 2008
Sexton all over Rogan !!!!!!
:scared :scared :scared :scared

Botha and Sexton - the doggies are barking loudly in the sweet science today !

what a parlay Botha to Sexton would have been !
:scared

Ghost Kid

Registered
Forum Member
Jun 23, 2008
Why did Rogan stop punching when he had Sexton hurt?!?!??!?!

That made no sense ! He knew his time was ticking with that eye.....very peculiar

Romi

Forum Member
Apr 6, 2007
Sexton wins !!!!!
Eye Stoppage !
UN REAL !!!!!!!!!!!

How on earth did we miss that opportunity:mj16: :mj16: :mj16: :shrug: :shrug: :shrug:
Rogan is just a big tough lug with no finesse. I think I was still in shock over the Dunne finish and thought it's nearly impossible to win in Ireland....shttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttt

Romi

Forum Member
Apr 6, 2007
My plays

Johnson-med

over on Johnson/vargas-lrge

Ward -med lrge

Wlard-small

Ali-small

over on ALi/Ramiraz-med

Johnson by dec tonight would be sweet...I'll settle for vargas by dec or even a draw though. Good luck.

Ghost Kid

Registered
Forum Member
Jun 23, 2008
How on earth did we miss that opportunity:mj16: :mj16: :mj16: :shrug: :shrug: :shrug:
Rogan is just a big tough lug with no finesse. I think I was still in shock over the Dunne finish and thought it's nearly impossible to win in Ireland....shttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttt

I think Evan listed this fight
Maybe he got it ?
:shrug:

Underdogs destroying the competition today
I still say Botha lost
:(

Romi

Forum Member
Apr 6, 2007
I think Evan listed this fight
Maybe he got it ?

Underdogs destroying the competition today
I still say Botha lost
:(

Yep, props to Evan. I'm really kicking myself for not giving it a "tickle" as they say. Evan also suggested Botha had some value. I would have wagered Hoffman if I was going to bet but the Mirovic fight scared me away.

Ghost Kid

Registered
Forum Member
Jun 23, 2008
Yep, props to Evan. I'm really kicking myself for not giving it a "tickle" as they say. Evan also suggested Botha had some value. I would have wagered Hoffman if I was going to bet but the Mirovic fight scared me away.

See this is the thing with Evan's strategy
it really is smart if you have the patience and perseverance
When a weekend like this comes along, and a few doggies hit, he is is the money HUGE
I don't agree with all his doggy plays all the time
but you can't disagree with the overall strategy
it has proven successful over time
very very smart
congrats to him

Ghost Kid

Registered
Forum Member
Jun 23, 2008
Here is another take on the Botha fight from a guy named "FROST" on the eastsideboxing forums:

"I had it 8rds to 4 for Hofmann, but with Botha having two 10-8 rds... that'd make 114-112 for Hofmann. A close fight after all, since Hofmann nearly got knocked out and was totally finished by the end of the fight I guess Botha winning is OK. The south-african judge had it 117-110 for Botha, that's just ridiculous. Hofmann gave that fight away. Hofmann was down again in the 12th but the ref didn't count it, while Bothas cornerman jumped into the ring - what a fool...

Hoffmann was in control of the fight for the first 9 rds, he pressured Botha with his jab, basic 1-2 combos and then held him. Botha looked rusty and sloppy as hell for the first 5-6 rds, he didn't find his range and fought in spurts, but then he timed Hofmann and connected more and more with counter right hands - nearly too much for Hofmann. Hofmann was knocked down in the 11th and barely made it to his feet again, he was saved by the bell, and he was knocked down again and out on his feet in the 12th, but Botha didn't have enough left to finish him..

But all in all it was a boring fight with lots of holding, both men looked amateurish at times and they're both done at top level.

I'm really sorry for Hofmann, he should hang em up now, he had a disappointing career after all, he's a great guy who deserved better... He always worked hard but he was never able to be consistent, well I think he's just not talented enough to really be a top fighter.

As for Botha, he had a respectable performance for an old fat man, but he's nowhere near the fighter he once was - I think he should also retire with a last decent win on his record."

Ghost Kid

Registered
Forum Member
Jun 23, 2008
Shit Jermain Taylor and Timo Hoffman should go out for drinks
they have a lot in common

1. Can't fight 12 rounds
2. Know how to blow seemingly UNBLOWABLE leads in a fight
3. dumb dumb dumb
4. both have F'ed me hard....so hard....

:142smilie

Zerwas

Forum Member
Jul 19, 2007
Great start to the week for me! :00hour

I had both Botha (by dec) and Sexton for a small amount.

It's kind of crazy, I thought I could win some money in the last two weeks and lost...and now I hit two underdogs...well, I guess I'm a bit lucky as well, eye stoppage for Sexton and Hoffman doesnt get the nod in Germany even though most neutral observers feel he won....

:0corn

Kramden

Forum Member
Apr 8, 2008
Pantera looks pretty good at the weigh-in. Man, does he have some long arms.

Ghost Kid

Registered
Forum Member
Jun 23, 2008
Man, I just glanced back over the last few pages of this thread
I apologize guys for the Hoffman-Botha updates
in hindsight, I sound like a complete jackass
a blind one

I pride myself on being accurate here for the boards...after all we have money on this stuff!

But I REALLY did have Hoffman way ahead in this fight

One thing I should have investigated regarding the fight is that damn judge from South Africa

9 to 3 for Botha !!?!?!? Gimme me a freaking break !

Last edited:

Ghost Kid

Registered
Forum Member
Jun 23, 2008
UD for Teron
I'll take it

but 96 to 94 ?!??!!??!?!!?

man these judges today
:mad:

now let's go KJ decision !
:director: